I am a tired b****. Please help

OP
G
Have you tried Idea Labs Daimant? I find a couple drops rubbed into the belly button is a great stabilizer. I think it's the pro-dopamine effect. But other than that, I think the appropriate strategy is to start at the beginning and get your metabolic energy up. Track your temperature and pulses, measure your cholesterol and see if you need some thyroid supplementation.

oh verrrry interesting! Thanks for sending this! I like the idea of rubbing it on the belly instead of ingesting. How long have you been using this?

I do track my temps and pulses and have worked with Kate Deering a few times in the last year

OP
G
My mood has improved greatly over the last month since I have been taking approximately 2500 mg of Calcium Carbonate in the form of eggshell powder, some Walgreen's antacid calcium carbonate and some plain calcium carbonate tablets. I take some every time I eat. I don't tolerate a lot of dairy so I am going the supplement route.

Try it and see if you feel better, more balanced, sleep better.
Is that about a teaspoon size of eggshell? I can tolerate goat milk and drink it daily, and I may increase my eggshell.

I do sleep great and I am so thankful!!! Thank you for the reply

OP
G
Nothing helps my mood more then progesterone, pregnenolone and thyroid, I take a very large dose of progesterone. My hormones have been all over the place and those 3 have help in a large way, I can't live without them. Peat also recommends vitamin D, so I take that along with B vitamins, hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply! I have tried progest-e after i ovulate and before i menstruate. It increased breast tenderness and I got a little freaked out. Have you experienced anything like this??

What brands do you use? Or have you gotten these through a practitioner?

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Yes, one teaspoon of eggshell powder is about 1600 mg. And if you are drinking milk, you should be over 2000 mg.

OP
G
Acupuncture and Chinese herbs have helped me a lot. I just straight up told them I was depressed and whatever herbs the doctor gave me helped me a lot. I have better results with health natura progesterone than with progest-e. For some reason progest-e gives me a stuffy nose almost every time I take it. Nibbling on t3. 10k units vitamin d. Eating food I actually like and enjoy.
Thanks for the reply!

Just to clarify, you don't know what the herbs were that the docs gave you?

I have tried progest-e for a month after I ovulated and until I menstruated. My breast tenderness got more intense and that freaked me out so I stopped taking it. Have you experienced anything like this? Do you think it would decrease with time? Where do you get your t3?

Tigertyger

Thanks for the reply! I have tried progest-e after i ovulate and before i menstruate. It increased breast tenderness and I got a little freaked out. Have you experienced anything like this??

What brands do you use? Or have you gotten these through a practitioner?
I have had breast tenderness but Dr. Peat said this is from low thyroid/ high prolactin which I find to true. Because when I found the right thyroid for me and the right amount breast tenderness went away. I can't handle progest-e orally but I use it topically. I take suchlabs.com progesterone with coconut oil in a large amount and this has been very helpful. I was struggling in the worst way a year and a half ago and correcting my hormones was key. Other changes I made to get out of the mess I was in was to eat only home cook meal to avoid Pufas, this is hard but worth the effort. I eat raw carrots daily, it may seem like something small and insignificant but it really helps balance hormones.

Tigertyger

If you don't mind me asking what's your age? Perimenopause can definitely cause the symptoms you are describing.

OP
G
As someone else suggested, pregnenolone/progesterone/thyroid. For me, neither pregnenolone or progesterone were able to help untill I started thyroid. At which point all three are now the most important substances for slowly digging me out of this rut, physically and mentally. I was unable to enjoy listening to music watching TV or reading for years. I'm now at a point where I am enjoying movies/series again. Still a ways to go with music and reading (previously my two most enjoyed activities) but moving in the right direction and it's thanks to these three substances.
Happy to hear you have found something that is working for you! Do you take all three consistently throughout the month? Can you tell me a little bit about your strategy or share a site that has good information?

Thanks for the reply!

Tigertyger

Katharina Dalton has some really good research that Ray Peat has quoted in some of his articles. I think she's worth looking up for any woman, no matter the age or issue.

conrad0602

Happy to hear you have found something that is working for you! Do you take all three consistently throughout the month? Can you tell me a little bit about your strategy or share a site that has good information?

Thanks for the reply!
Thanks :) it's still early days but this is the first time in years I've felt like I might be moving in the right direction. I take pregnenolone In the morning and afternoon and progesterone before bed everyday. (Progesterone would have to be taken according to cycle for a female)Taking T3 throughout the day and T3/T4 before bed everyday. Built up gradually from tiny doses. There's definitely a period of adjustment so low and slow is the way to go, keeping an eye on symptoms and temp/pulse. Ray peats articles/ podcasts been invaluable.

Tigertyger

Thanks :) it's still early days but this is the first time in years I've felt like I might be moving in the right direction. I take pregnenolone In the morning and afternoon and progesterone before bed everyday. (Progesterone would have to be taken according to cycle for a female)Taking T3 throughout the day and T3/T4 before bed everyday. Built up gradually from tiny doses. There's definitely a period of adjustment so low and slow is the way to go, keeping an eye on symptoms and temp/pulse. Ray peats articles/ podcasts been invaluable.
I have to agree with all of this! ?

LUH 3417

Thanks for the reply!

Just to clarify, you don't know what the herbs were that the docs gave you?

I have tried progest-e for a month after I ovulated and until I menstruated. My breast tenderness got more intense and that freaked me out so I stopped taking it. Have you experienced anything like this? Do you think it would decrease with time? Where do you get your t3?
I don’t know what the herbs were.
I have had increased breast tenderness and premenstrual allergies get worse with progeste. I get thyroid from farmacias del nino.

freyasam

Pregnenolone and vitamin d have helped me in the past. Sometimes I take a 50,000 tablet of vitamin d, and that knocks away the depression. I have gotten some pretty hit and miss results from progest-e. But lately it seems it's easier to fall into depression with everything happening in the world. Hope you find some relief.

Also, some of the songs people have posted would make me more depressed. Just saying, lol. Music is pretty subjective and I actually find it isolating and depressing to listen to other people's favorites because I usually don't like them. If I'm in a state of depression, happy music just irritates and alienates me. Just to commiserate with OP a little.

Last edited:
OP
G
Pregnenolone and vitamin d have helped me in the past. Sometimes I take a 50,000 tablet of vitamin d, and that knocks away the depression. I have gotten some pretty hit and miss results from progest-e. But lately it seems it's easier to fall into depression with everything happening in the world. Hope you find some relief.

Also, some of the songs people have posted would make me more depressed. Just saying, lol. Music is pretty subjective and I actually find it isolating and depressing to listen to other people's favorites because I usually don't like them. If I'm in a state of depression, happy music just irritates and alienates me. Just to commiserate with OP a little.
Yeah I tend to not like the music most people like. Especially if there are words then I have to listen to peoples dumb thoughts and ideas with music in the background ahhhh!!!! Get it out of my subconscious! Music is very accessible and pretty easy to find something for everyone. I don't need help with that- thats why I had to update the original post lol thanks for getting it ;)

What brand of pregnenolone have you tried?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals