My Taste In Music Changes With Metabolic State

Peater

I don't know about metabolism but you must have the mental capacity of a box of rocks to enjoy mumble rap/trap

(You in general not you OP)

Peater

For aggressive music these days I almost entirely listen to some more upbeat classical or electronic music without lyrics and moderate bass and the difference in outlook and mental state is immense

I enjoy a huge range of EDM too. I don't really listen to commercial music, and never to FM radio.

All the artists OP mentioned are just pop music to me. Worked with a guy who loved Dylan. Now harmonicas give me a nervous tic:D. Can't stand him.

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
I enjoy a huge range of EDM too. I don't really listen to commercial music, and never to FM radio.

All the artists OP mentioned are just pop music to me. Worked with a guy who loved Dylan. Now harmonicas give me a nervous tic:D. Can't stand him.

I was going to make a joke about OP switching from "sad" music to BLUES as if blues isnt literally named after an emotional state but people on this forum cant take jokes even when they arent mildly caustic. I like blues and most pentatonic music but I switched from listening to rock, jazz and blues to just listening to Asian music and especially video game osts (hence the touhou profile pic lol) since they also tend to be pentatonic and slightly jazzy. I'll always have a soft spot for trance, especially in the gym. I used to really love beatdown music (e.g. you must murder, unit 731, shattered reign or truth or something I forget lol) but I hit monster prs in a state of complete, almost psychedelic tranquility with trance lately and it feels great

fr@

In regards to the Original Post, from my experience going 'Ray Peat' -- I can now tolerate music that I don't listen to, like Mainstream Music... hahaha.

[Seriously.]

I think having this abundance of energy (or at least trying to) makes you more compassionate instead of being a picky/self-conforming hipster.

BearWithMe

Thanks for bumping this thread!

Just recently, I had this realization. As my health gets better and better, I like a music that I liked as a kid / adolescent again.

I started to hate the genre when I was ~16, about the age my health rapidly deteriorated.

And now, 15 years later, I'm just as passionate about it as I was when I was 10.

fr@

Thanks for bumping this thread!

Just recently, I had this realization. As my health gets better and better, I like a music that I liked as a kid / adolescent again.

I started to hate the genre when I was ~16, about the age my health rapidly deteriorated.

And now, 15 years later, I'm just as passionate about it as I was when I was 10.
So when you were 16, where you listening to Post Hardcore?

[Just a guess.]

Btw, what kind of music do you do you mean when you were that age (as a kid)?

'Cause when I was at that stage I was listening to 90's Hip-hop, while watching Martial Arts films in the background.

BearWithMe

So when you were 16, where you listening to Post Hardcore?

[Just a guess.]

Btw, what kind of music do you do you mean when you were that age (as a kid)?

'Cause when I was at that stage I was listening to 90's Hip-hop, while watching Martial Arts films in the background.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Out of the 1264 subgenres, how did you guessed Post Hardcore?

I mean, you are right...

But... How?!?

fr@

@BearWithMe

I think it's common, especially songs (or any musical composition) that has lots of 'build-up' elements.

Like regardless of someone's musical knowledge, it'll tickle their fancy just because they're on that 'raging hormones' stage.

In contrast to a 2000's kid, a common would be EDM type music; typically heard in populations that plays competitive gaming.

But having said all that, it's just my close guess.

BearWithMe

Are you stalking me or something? :D

It was something like this:
7-12: EDM
12-16: Hardcore / Horrorcore Rap
16-22: Post Hardcore
22-26: Mainstream pop (My health was the worst at this point)
26-28: Nothing really. Completely lost my passion for music
28-now: Hardcore / Horrorcore Rap (My health started significantly improving at that time)
And just recently, I have realized Im enjoying EDM again

I was never playing any computer games, though.

fr@

No, I just responded.

'Cause I grew up with people playing music at the same time teaching me how to play as well.

And I was already a 'hipster' early on (when it comes to music), so back then in my teens I was into 'pew-pewing' other styles of music.

From then on, along with my fellow hipsters, we kind of like categorize people to what their music taste is like.

And yeah, it's kind of a bad attitude as it's kind of an Elitist thing to do.

[But at the same time, we're bums so what gives... hahaha.]

Btw, I'm not familiar with 'Horrorcore Rap' -- so I checked it and it seems disturbing, and definitely won't be listening to it again.

Lancaster

Exogenous testosterone use directs my music taste towards deathcore and hardcore/beatdown, whereas I drift more towards deep house and breaks when I'm off and my androgens are low.

AdrianPo

I came back to "peating" after a long period of time (a year or so) and I think that using aspirin / oranges (juice and oil) upped my androgens and I noticed that my music taste went back to liking metal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom