Do You Trust Your Doctor? Has He/she EARNED Your Trust?

Do you trust your doctor?

• Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters

Dhair

I'm curious to know if the forum members here have a family doctor and if they trust that person.
Is your doctor open to the ideas of Ray Peat?
Are you able to provide them with medical literate that they will actually read and take seriously?
Are you able to engage them in a debate if your health depends on it?
Do you believe your doctor cares about you?
I want to have a general discussion thread about doctors because I feel that most people here don't have a very high opinion of them, myself included. But I'd like to know that there is some hope of finding a trustworthy GP.

Last edited:

encerent

I always change doctors, I just need one who will prescribe me the bloodtests I want and the drugs I want (retinoids, certain antibiotics, cypro maybe)

Marcus1000

I don't trust mine at all, some really mean well but are very clueless. Others don't care at all and are clueless. It is extremely rare to find a good one, they are so bound by protocols unfortunately, they are very uncomfortable stepping outside protocols. Their viewpoint is also very limited, they do not look further than their specialty usually. I have literally had doctors Googling stuff in front of me and just reading stuff they see on the first hit, very very hard to take a doctor who does that seriously. :D

OP
D

Dhair

I always change doctors, I just need one who will prescribe me the bloodtests I want and the drugs I want (retinoids, certain antibiotics, cypro maybe)
Yeah, I'm pretty much discovering that's the best I can hope for too.
Every doctor I've seen completely denies that fluoroquinolone antibiotics can cause long lasting side effects. Nevermind the medical literature, abstracts, class action lawsuits, and thousands of anecdotal side effects reports that say otherwise, or the fact that most of them have been taken off the market because they're severely hepatotoxic. People have similar experiences talking with their doctors about drugs like finasteride as well.
The best thing everyone can do is get their labs done and analyze them on their own I guess. I'm just blown alway by how incompetent all of these medical professionals seem to be.

Last edited:

mjrm

Next week, I will bring a clinical practice guideline for hypothyroidism to my PCP. Lulz.

I've been a long time skeptic since I transitioned from my pediatrician at age 18. I found everyone that I saw to be a little slow on the uptake of information and critical thinking. The most decent I've had is an MD PhD at a medical school...he took the time to explain things and wasn't insulted when I suggested different ideas. As a PhD myself but in entomology, I find their anti-intellectualism and pride disgusting.

sele

But I'd like to know that there is some hope of finding a trustworthy GP.
Only hope for me was my close friend being a doctor.
I decide what I need and he prescribes it. ;)
The problem is the way the medical system is setup. Doctor's hands are tied.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals