Doctor To Me "you're An Ox."

thegiantess

So recently I have some blood work done at an independent lab, but sent the results to my OB bc I am 6 month post partum, so we have become oddly close and because I just generally trust the guy. Anyway, he looks at them, emails me back and says. "Looks like you had a virus, otherwise you're still healthy, like an ox".

I thought that was entertaining, but the opposite of helpful. I don't have any issues really.. Aside from some skin inflammation that I posted about here, and some occasional slow transit, but it's hard to tell what's the result of the aftermath of having 2 babies and what is real life. Ya know? Anyway. Thought I would post the results here and see what you all could see through your Peaty lenses. Thanks for any thoughts you have!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

Anyone want to give me thoughts? Pretty please? This forum is so full of people knowledgeable specifically about thyroid, so hoping someone can chime in.

dookie

"I don't have any issues really" . If you don't have issues, don't take supplements, just eat good foods and avoid crappy commercial foods with added ingredients. Eating low PUFA may be the main extra thing to do to protect your health in the long-term.

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

"I don't have any issues really" . If you don't have issues, don't take supplements, just eat good foods and avoid crappy commercial foods with added ingredients. Eating low PUFA may be the main extra thing to do to protect your health in the long-term.

Right. I have been avoiding PUFA in oils for about 5 years, and in nuts and seeds for about 6 months. I wasn't looking for supp recommendations mostly just thoughts on the blood test results.. An extra set of eyes.

Lightbringer

Right. I have been avoiding PUFA in oils for about 5 years, and in nuts and seeds for about 6 months. I wasn't looking for supp recommendations mostly just thoughts on the blood test results.. An extra set of eyes.
Cholesterol = 202
TSH 1.02
Vitamin D 35
Sodium/Potassium/Albumin all in the middle.

In my opinion, your doctor's analysis is right - you just may be an Ox ! If you don't have any obvious discomfort or issues, then further blood tests or changes to diet etc. may not be needed at this point.

tara

I only have opinions about a few of those numbers, but I don't see anything particularly worrying there.
If you want to have another way to assess base metabolism, you can measure body temps and resting heart rate.

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

I only have opinions about a few of those numbers, but I don't see anything particularly worrying there.
If you want to have another way to assess base metabolism, you can measure body temps and resting heart rate.

I do that when I can remember. Typically my waking temps are somewhere between 98 and 99 deepening on the time of month and they increase usually slightly after breakfast and then sometimes drop a little in late afternoon, but not always. My pulse is another story because I used to be a long distance runner and my pulse was commonly in the low 50s. I stopped running when I got pregnant and don't intend on picking it back up. But my pulse is now generally in the low 60s.

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

Cholesterol = 202
TSH 1.02
Vitamin D 35
Sodium/Potassium/Albumin all in the middle.

In my opinion, your doctor's analysis is right - you just may be an Ox ! If you don't have any obvious discomfort or issues, then further blood tests or changes to diet etc. may not be needed at this point.

Ha. Thanks for your thoughts!

jaguar43

So recently I have some blood work done at an independent lab, but sent the results to my OB bc I am 6 month post partum, so we have become oddly close and because I just generally trust the guy. Anyway, he looks at them, emails me back and says. "Looks like you had a virus, otherwise you're still healthy, like an ox".

I thought that was entertaining, but the opposite of helpful. I don't have any issues really.. Aside from some skin inflammation that I posted about here, and some occasional slow transit, but it's hard to tell what's the result of the aftermath of having 2 babies and what is real life. Ya know? Anyway. Thought I would post the results here and see what you all could see through your Peaty lenses. Thanks for any thoughts you have!

Sometimes when your TSH is "lowish" it can be due to high adrenaline and high cortisol that brings your TSH down. Before I started taking thyroid my TSH was around 1.0. But My T3 reuptake was high and T3 low. So going by TSH is not really accurate or reliable.

I would recommend getting a full thyroid panel, which should tell you more.

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

Sometimes when your TSH is "lowish" it can be due to high adrenaline and high cortisol that brings your TSH down. Before I started taking thyroid my TSH was around 1.0. But My T3 reuptake was high and T3 low. So going by TSH is not really accurate or reliable.

I would recommend getting a full thyroid panel, which should tell you more.

Interesting. Free t3 and t4 wouldn't be enough to complete the picture? It was included on this test and I think this test was my only option for now.

jaguar43

Interesting. Free t3 and t4 wouldn't be enough to complete the picture? It was included on this test and I think this test was my only option for now.

No, I did the free t3 and it showed normal. But when I did the triiodothyronine (t3) it was flag for low. I made a mistake before, it was t3 uptake not t3 reuptake.

Possibly an adrenaline or cortisol test may be beneficial.

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

No, I did the free t3 and it showed normal. But when I did the triiodothyronine (t3) it was flag for low. I made a mistake before, it was t3 uptake not t3 reuptake.

Possibly an adrenaline or cortisol test may be beneficial.

Good to know, I'll have to see if I can get my hands on a different variety of test. Thanks for chiming in.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals