Government Database On How Much Pharmas Are Paying Your Doctor

Badger

Many MDs take money or perks from pharmaceutical companies for prescribing the pharma's drug to their patients. You can find out if your own MD has taken money and how much. "All you have to do is type a practitioner’s name into the search bar. The website will break down which companies have paid that practitioner. It will also expose the nature of the payments. Was the payment a consulting fee or a research fee? Or was the payment for travel and lodging expenses or grants?" Here's URL for site: Search Physicians - Open Payments Data - CMS More info on it here: This Is How Much 'Big Pharma' Is Paying Your Doctor! - David Avocado Wolfe I found my primary MD took $250.00 in 2015 (latest year). This site also allows you to research how much money colleges and universities take from the pharmas.

L

lollipop

Many MDs take money or perks from pharmaceutical companies for prescribing the pharma's drug to their patients. You can find out if your own MD has taken money and how much. "All you have to do is type a practitioner’s name into the search bar. The website will break down which companies have paid that practitioner. It will also expose the nature of the payments. Was the payment a consulting fee or a research fee? Or was the payment for travel and lodging expenses or grants?" Here's URL for site: Search Physicians - Open Payments Data - CMS More info on it here: This Is How Much 'Big Pharma' Is Paying Your Doctor! - David Avocado Wolfe I found my primary MD took $250.00 in 2015 (latest year). This site also allows you to research how much money colleges and universities take from the pharmas.
Interesting site! Thanks for sharing @Badger

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks.
Just in case the government-sponsored database is purposefully manipulated, there is an earlier and maybe a bit more independent similar project by the ProPublica organization for investigative journalism. Here is the link.
Dollars for Docs

If you find differences between the two databases, please share. It would be interesting to do some cross-checking.

OP
Badger

Badger

haidut, thanks for Dollars for Docs link, will definitely do come comparisons and share findings.

grenade

Checked out my internist - the data on him between the two websites was exactly the same.

Dr. B

good stuff but why is it just $250? this is just a bit of extra side money for mds then? there would need to be a lot of greed involved if they are pushing products just to get bonuses in the hundreds of dollars

Back
Top Bottom