Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Better sleep

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • Better relationships

Votes: 15 11.3%

• Total voters

Hans

Forum Supporter
What do you really want? If you could just pick two, what would it be? Think it through, what's the two most pressing things in your life that you need solved and then vote.

It's a good exercise to think about what's important in your life that needs focusing on. If the option is not in the poll, then please comment here. If you want to elaborate on your vote, then please comment below.

Sorry for having so many options, but it actually helps to narrow down what you really want most. Thanks for your participation.

P.S. You get two votes total so make them count.

milkboi

Damn, that's hard. I'd love em all. But improved mental function and overall health
> anything else. Most of the listed things above will then follow anyways.

Btw, one option that isn't listed, but for me is the most important thing to get out of improving my health is high energy levels.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Damn, that's hard. I'd love em all. But improved mental function and overall health
> anything else. Most of the listed things above will then follow anyways.

Btw, one option that isn't listed, but for me is the most important thing to get out of improving my health is high energy levels.
Thanks for participating and sharing. More energy would be under better general health yes. I should have made it more specific though. So basically, your broad focus would be on wanting to improve the metabolism with the specific focus on improving energy levels, right? Is there anything else that's also specific that falls under the category of improved health for you besides more energy?

I also should have added "higher libido" in there, even though it falls under "higher androgens".

milkboi

Thanks for participating and sharing. More energy would be under better general health yes. I should have made it more specific though. So basically, your broad focus would be on wanting to improve the metabolism with the specific focus on improving energy levels, right? Is there anything else that's also specific that falls under the category of improved health for you besides more energy?

I also should have added "higher libido" in there, even though it falls under "higher androgens".

Yeah, but on the other hand, if you made it too specific there would have been like 100 options...

Okay so I think my most important
"wants " out of improved metabolism/health are 1. increased energy (mainly mental, for work and studying, and also socializing), 2. higher stress resistance (so I can "work hard play hard" basically) and 3. faster recovery from stressors (faster/any progress in the gym, less need for sleep etc).

Those goals are basically a mirror image of my current health situation, which is characterized by lots of mental fatigue, low stress resistance and immunity, and basically "exercise intolerance".

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yeah, but on the other hand, if you made it too specific there would have been like 100 options...

Okay so I think my most important
"wants " out of improved metabolism/health are 1. increased energy (mainly mental, for work and studying, and also socializing), 2. higher stress resistance (so I can "work hard play hard" basically) and 3. faster recovery from stressors (faster/any progress in the gym, less need for sleep etc).

Those goals are basically a mirror image of my current health situation, which is characterized by lots of mental fatigue, low stress resistance and immunity, and basically "exercise intolerance".
So to sum it up into two bigger categories it will be improved metabolism and androgens?
Not to derail this thread too much, but what have you tried that has worked in that regards, if anything?

somuch4food

Better general health and sleep. All I want is enough energy to start working on my goals without burning out.

Korven

Better health is by far my #1 priority.

When you're reasonably healthy, combined with daily actions working towards some meaningful goal, I think most other things tend to fall into place i.e high androgens, energy levels, muscle mass, happiness and all the other good stuff.

Funnily enough seeing as I'm posting on raypeatforum.com, it's only been since dropping all the "peat staples" and getting most of my calories from fruits and vegetables that I have started feeling better again. I'm now able to exercise 2-3x per week which I haven't been able to do for a long, long time.

Number 2 would be better relationships as I've definitely let that one slip the last couple of years. I don't really have friends to "hang out with" and no girlfriend at the moment, so that kind of sucks

milkboi

So to sum it up into two bigger categories it will be improved metabolism and androgens?
Not to derail this thread too much, but what have you tried that has worked in that regards, if anything?

Sure. Hard to quantify what has worked, as I'm not well yet. Regarding exercise tolerance (does this only come to androgens?) I haven't found anything that works.

Improving digestions through a high carb diet, low fiber and Doxycycline and Cyproheptadine definitely helped raise my metabolism to a higher baseline (probably because there now is a lot less circulating endotoxin).

Bright incandescent light bulbs are something I recently added in, that I now don't want to live without.

Also increasing Dopamine helps me out a lot. Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Seliginine, sometimes Modafinil.

T

TheBeard

The poll is a bit skewed for the following reasons : it would be easy for me to choose just two and have the benefits of all the others.
If you choose "good sleep" and "overall good health", you pretty much cover 99.999% of your bases unless you have a genetic disorder.

However I chose high androgens and better mental clarity because that would enable me to achieve my financial goals and make life bright and enjoyable in every situation, whether social or else

Runenight201

The poll is a bit skewed for the following reasons : it would be easy for me to choose just two and have the benefits of all the others.
If you choose "good sleep" and "overall good health", you pretty much cover 99.999% of your bases unless you have a genetic disorder.

However I chose high androgens and better mental clarity because that would enable me to achieve my financial goals and make life bright and enjoyable in every situation, whether social or else

I agree, although I think that's a good exercise in seeing where your priorities are. I would argue that someone who is chasing a specific goal of androgens, mental functioning, happiness, relationships, etc.... are too myopic and should instead be prioritizing their general health, and the rest of the things should follow. So my point of view would be that someone not on the ultimate path of general health will end up not fully achieving what they set out for. This isn't to say though that it's bad to focus on androgens, mental functioning, happiness, relationships, etc.... just that it should not be the sole and prominent focus.

lampofred

Good metabolism is exactly the same as happiness.

LuMonty

I chose androgens and sleep because IME the rest follows. Surprisingly, despite being so brain-dead for the last decade I have most of the options under control. And just for clarity my androgens are iffy because my sleep is bad.

-Luke-

The first one is easy for me: As someone who experienced periods of insomnia through the years "Better sleep" would by far be my first choice.

The second one is more tricky, because with good sleep my mental function and overall health would improve, too. And my life would be less stressful. I go with "more confidence" since that's a problem I'm struggling with from an early age

Vinny

I want ..... to know The Truth.

John 8:32
"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals