• Living a less stressful life

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Better sleep

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • Better relationships

Votes: 15 11.3%

• Total voters

redsun

Do you think the increase in vascularity could be due to an increase in histamine?

The folic acid likely did something in regards to histamine by helping retain histidine and I used to think histamine mainly caused the vascularity now I am not sure. I am not aware of any histamine raising properties of B2 though there is a direct need for it in the methylation cycle. Someone told me you need B2 and folic acid for nitric oxide synthase and those two are basically the most important. And when you check online you need FAD and FMN, NADPH, iron of course with oxygen and BH4(from folic acid).

So big thing here is I lost my vascularity when I got a bad knee injury over a year and a half ago. This seems to fall in line with the idea of needing nitric oxide after a injury with its role in inflammation and increasing blood flow where needed. My knee was swollen like hell so yeh perhaps this is what happened, I became depleted in folic acid and B2. And when I repleted both NOS worked again. I don't know of another explanation on why specifically B2 and folic acid can cause such an insane vascularity.

BH4 is used in most neurotransmitters but I don't recall any that can increase vasodilation as I dont read much about it. Nitric oxide is obviously considered undesirable generally, but clearly it is very needed for some things if it seems to be raised by repletion of micronutrients. This vascularity seems to be 24/7 now unless Im out in very cold weather so basically the same now when I was younger.

The role of histidine in the anemia of folate deficiency. - PubMed - NCBI

Studies on the influence of folic acid and riboflavin on nitric oxide production in cultured murine macrophage cells

Amazoniac

One more thing. It puzzles me how there are professionals (certain lawyers, for example) doing immoral stuff and being proud of themselves and their contribution to the society.
If thy job is to help people to improve their wealth, I think it's noble in spite of the fact that there's no association convincing you of this.

Markus

I first felt much better with Tribulus, which lowered stress hormones, so I think focusing on lowering stress hormones is key instead of trying to boost androgens, although lowering stress hormones will increase androgens.
What brand of Tribulus did you use?

Spartan300

Question for those seeing benefits from B2. When I have tried even low doses I get almost fluorescent urine more or less straight away. Isn't this the body just excreting an excess & therefore not needed?

redsun

Question for those seeing benefits from B2. When I have tried even low doses I get almost fluorescent urine more or less straight away. Isn't this the body just excreting an excess & therefore not needed?

It takes time for B2 stores to replete. It is not easily retained by the body. You do it for weeks it will build up. B2 depletes and repletes very slowly. It should have some benefit right away but to build the stores back up it takes time.

Spartan300

Thanks @redsun it seems strange that our bodies don't hang onto something we may be short of.

Low dose supplementation over longer time sounds like the way to go or else excess ends up down the drain...

redsun

Thanks @redsun it seems strange that our bodies don't hang onto something we may be short of.

Low dose supplementation over longer time sounds like the way to go or else excess ends up down the drain...

It probably has something to do with it being a single vitamin, aka B2 by itself that makes it so quickly excreted. If say you were getting massive amounts of B2 from organs, eggs and dairy which have amino acids, minerals, and vitamins all together it may retain better. The issue is the more fat in the diet the more B2 is used so whole eggs and whole milk provide B2 but more of it used as well to burn the fat it comes with. Organs are very lean and provide a ton of B2.

@redsun @Homo Consumericus what brand do you use to see these Greta improvements if I may ask?

Any brand should work. I bought a cheap brand locally at a GNC months ago and only recently like a month or two started really using it.

lisamarie1010

What do you really want? If you could just pick two, what would it be? Think it through, what's the two most pressing things in your life that you need solved and then vote.

It's a good exercise to think about what's important in your life that needs focusing on. If the option is not in the poll, then please comment here. If you want to elaborate on your vote, then please comment below.

Sorry for having so many options, but it actually helps to narrow down what you really want most. Thanks for your participation.

P.S. You get two votes total so make them count.

The biggest one is not there - for me - to deeply understand my health/body/factors. I love this forum, it is intelligent. and shared with respect between experiences/ideas. AND it is overwhelming to newbies. So I will go back and vote. Just wanted to share this thought too.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
The biggest one is not there - for me - to deeply understand my health/body/factors. I love this forum, it is intelligent. and shared with respect between experiences/ideas. AND it is overwhelming to newbies. So I will go back and vote. Just wanted to share this thought too.
Thanks for sharing. Agreed, deep understanding is very much desired. :)

M

metabolizm

What I want is to reduce my anxiety.
That is the main thing. It is a very hard nut to crack.
When you have suffered from anxiety, you begin to appreciate the wonderful state of relaxation.

opethfeldt

You don't feel DHT.
Well, it feels like a sudden lowering of estrogens that leaves you in stress, awe, and cold. Socially anxious as well.
That happened to me on proviron, andractim and androhard.

Testosterone, one the other hand, provides a great calming effect and relaxation within hours, makes social interactions easy, and makes life look like it's more accessible, that you are entitled to dare.
That's exactly how I experience it, despite the internet mostly claiming DHT is calming. I get more aggressive with high DHT from what feels like increased arenaline but test makes me calm, social and grounded as long as my estrogen is balanced.

lampofred

RP wrote that blue light quickly destroys B2 and that once you are depleted in it, you require more of it than normal to function. As for urinating too much of it out, high estrogen/low CO2 makes you not retain B-vitamins and can start a negative feedback loop (high estrogen leading to poor b-vit retention leading to lowered estrogen detox leading to higher estrogen and so on).

accelerator

When did you add in the B2? I haven't seen you mention it (recently at least) until this post.

Riboflavin has been the most transformative supplement. No more dry white patches of facial skin, no more mildly darker areas under eyes from lack of sleep without adding in more sleep, less desire to sleep, no more cracked lips which would burst and bleed every week since I was seven years old, no more temporary sluggishness after high fat breakfast (5-6 eggs), feeling warmer in winter, improved exercise tolerance (15-18 antagonist supersets of 3-20 reps every 2-3 days), less digestive distress during meals eaten after highest intensity PR breaking workouts if riboflavin was taken with the pre-workout meal, improved ability to capture info from lectures listened to at 2x speed as well as faster recall of those details, and slightly improved coital endurance if digested directly prior to session.

Other supplements have contributed, but not like this. Started on 100mg some months ago and take 200 most days now.

What brand of B2 did you use?

laleto12

Could you elaborate, if you don't mind?
Of course. What I mean by better looks is things like lean and firm body. A dimorphic face, a robust, wide and forward-grown jaw. Being tall and conventionally good looking etc etc. I think looks is one of the most important thing in the world although people in general, say otherwise. But I disagree. It is rather instictive and people get treated accordingly. Better looking people live this life on easy mode.

Also I've been meaning to ask you about your diet. Its kind a off topic but do you mind explaning your diet a little bit? What do you eat and how do you feel? thanks.