Do blood sugar spikes matter?

Stella123

CGMs are going mainstream to help people minimize blood sugar spikes. The Levels CGM is everywhere and someone named Glucose Goddess on Instagram is very popular for telling people blood sugar spikes are the enemy.

Is there validity to blood sugar spikes being bad? Alternatively, other wellness guys are saying it's just part of the body's job.

Haven't seen much on this topic.

I don't think it is. But recently I found a little trick. When drinking a glass of orange juice, I combine it with coconut water and the extra potassium keeps blood sugar from spiking.

yerrag

They are a big deal. Spikes happen because blood sugar rises quickly and then goes down quickly after it peaks.

Blood sugar goes up quickly because the body tissues can't quickly absorb and metabolize sugar.

And blood sugar goes down quickly because a strong insulin response by the pancreas causes blood sugar to plummet.

This yo-yo action of blood sugar from high to low contrasts greatly with the stable blood sugar of a more healthy individual.

People who use HbA1c as the basis to determine blood sugar health cannot visualize nor understand how important good blood sugar regulation is. They just see one number. But this ishow the medical establishment wants people to be, clueless.

With the 5hr OGTT, where blood sugar values taken can be displayed as a graph over time, one does not need to have a rich imagination to see those spikes as well as steep drops in blood sugar to appreciate how much it means to have stable blood sugar.

Understand this well and I believe you can have a very good basis to drastically improve your health and well-being.

Sefton10

Blood sugar goes up after eating then goes back down as the meal digests. They will pathologise breathing next.

Nomane Euger

They are a big deal. Spikes happen because blood sugar rises quickly and then goes down quickly after it peaks.

Blood sugar goes up quickly because the body tissues can't quickly absorb and metabolize sugar.

And blood sugar goes down quickly because a strong insulin response by the pancreas causes blood sugar to plummet.

This yo-yo action of blood sugar from high to low contrasts greatly with the stable blood sugar of a more healthy individual.

People who use HbA1c as the basis to determine blood sugar health cannot visualize nor understand how important good blood sugar regulation is. They just see one number. But this ishow the medical establishment wants people to be, clueless.

With the 5hr OGTT, where blood sugar values taken can be displayed as a graph over time, one does not need to have a rich imagination to see those spikes as well as steep drops in blood sugar to appreciate how much it means to have stable blood sugar.

Understand this well and I believe you can have a very good basis to drastically improve your health and well-being.
have you drastically improved your heath and well being when you understood this?

yerrag

have you drastically improved your heath and well being when you understood this?
Definitely.

I used to be so sickly it was very frustrating that my progress in resistance training would be interrupted by either a fever or flu that I found it hard to move to a higher level. I get flu 2x/year then. But since my blood sugar regulation improved, I have had no flu. It's been more than 20 years already. So for me, when COVID came knocking, I was ready for it.

yerrag

The spikes are symptoms themselves, of poor blood regulation due to poor blood sugar absorption by body tissues.

yerrag

yeh but the spikes give physical symptoms?
No, the spikes referred to here are abrupt increases in blood sugar values followed by sharp decreases in bs values. They are not spikes in the way of spikes in spike proteins, if that is what you're thinking of.

SamYo123

No, the spikes referred to here are abrupt increases in blood sugar values followed by sharp decreases in bs values. They are not spikes in the way of spikes in spike proteins, if that is what you're thinking of.
So i can go through life without ever knowing if im spiking my blood sugar or not?

I thought people get tired when they have a high blood spike then it drops ?

yerrag

So i can go through life without ever knowing if im spiking my blood sugar or not
Yes, that was what's happening to me before and I was very sickly.

Conventional doctors with their HbA1c testing method can't help. That is how they're trained (as glorified technicians) so one deep root cause of disease is never identified and never fixed. Drug companies profit at our expense as we carry on thinking we're genetically disposed to be sick and we need their drugs. Individually, we are profit centers and the longer we live in sickness we are cash cows.

Even when I begged my primary physician to sign off on a 5hr OGTT (oral glucose tolerance test), which he did, and when results came out, his faulty interpretation would have me considered as healthy, blood sugar-wise.

But his diagnosis was a false negative. He was wrong. I plotted bs values against time in a graph, and the curve it gave me corresponded to that of hypoglycemia. I was using an old book I borrowed from the library as my basis.

Hypoglycemia is almost never diagnosed in standard medical practice.

I then went ahead and with the help of a good naturopathic doctor set about to fix it. Once fixed, I was no longer sickly as before.

I thought people get tired when they have a high blood spike then it drops ?
Yes, when blood sugar drops and the body tissues are interrupted from their blood sugar supply. Even momentary interruptions affect us.

I think the T3 conversion from T4 in the liver, if interrupted, has downstream effects that last much longer than the temporary excessive drop in blood sugar.

It ranges from just feeling unenergetic to getting sick from lowered immunity.

Z

Zsazsa

Lots of info on this IG profile

00.47.jpg

OP
Stella123

Stella123

DennisX

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.

I can tell because if it spikes I feel sleepy. I am not worrying about spikes. I don’t have any issue with blood sugar that causes me any problems. It’s better to not worry about stuff that is only perceivable in a test.

The man went to the doctor and says, “doctor, it hurts when I do THIS.” The doctor responds, “don’t do THIS.”

Stop testing ***t all the time if it has no impact on you. My HbA1C is fine. My fasting blood sugar is fine. Why woudl I worry about something like spikes?

P

Peatness

I can tell because if it spikes I feel sleepy. I am not worrying about spikes. I don’t have any issue with blood sugar that causes me any problems. It’s better to not worry about stuff that is only perceivable in a test.

The man went to the doctor and says, “doctor, it hurts when I do THIS.” The doctor responds, “don’t do THIS.”

Stop testing ***t all the time if it has no impact on you. My HbA1C is fine. My fasting blood sugar is fine. Why woudl I worry about something like spikes?
Good advice.

incrp

What you are calling a spike is the normal and healthy body's response to ingested sugar, in fact the speed of the decline of the peak is a sign of excellent insulin control. A better test than OGTT would be a Craft test which measures the insulin as well as the glucose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals