Depo-Provera Sux

Srahe

Has any other woman on this forum taken Depo-Provera? Or should I say, gotten an injection of it? And if so, has it screwed up your life?

Apparently while on Depo, you can experience some issues from lowered estrogen and progesterone, however the fun and games don't really start until after the Depo stops.

That's when the body goes into crazy mode and starts making estrogen like there's no tomorrow, and yet somehow forgets to make any progesterone to balance it out. Fun times!

Some of the fun side effects that you may experience: mood swings, extremely heavy menstrual flow, no menstruation at all, extremely sore breasts, relationship issues (hmmm I wonder why?)

This web page:
Stopping Depo-Provera: Why and what to do about adverse experiences - Society for Menstrual Cycle Research

Has a somewhat informative interview and the doc advises taking ibuprofin if you're having a heavy flow day. (Obviously I would substitute that with aspirin!)
She also recommends taking progesterone.

Another interesting thing mentioned was using an over the counter fertility test to figure out when to take progesterone:

"start checking for your urinary LH peak (with a fertility kit you can buy over the counter) in the evening when you notice stretchy vaginal mucus."

It makes me wonder how many of the women here have wound up in this forum because of taking this progestin-based birth control?

And I also have to wonder if Depo completely lowers estrogen, if you are never planning to have kids would it be a good thing to do and then replenish with plenty of Progesterone as prescribed by Ray Peat?

Thoughts?
Has any other woman on this forum taken Depo-Provera? Or should I say, gotten an injection of it? And if so, has it screwed up your life?

Apparently while on Depo, you can experience some issues from lowered estrogen and progesterone, however the fun and games don't really start until after the Depo stops.

That's when the body goes into crazy mode and starts making estrogen like there's no tomorrow, and yet somehow forgets to make any progesterone to balance it out. Fun times!

Some of the fun side effects that you may experience: mood swings, extremely heavy menstrual flow, no menstruation at all, extremely sore breasts, relationship issues (hmmm I wonder why?)

This web page:
Stopping Depo-Provera: Why and what to do about adverse experiences - Society for Menstrual Cycle Research

Has a somewhat informative interview and the doc advises taking ibuprofin if you're having a heavy flow day. (Obviously I would substitute that with aspirin!)
She also recommends taking progesterone.

Another interesting thing mentioned was using an over the counter fertility test to figure out when to take progesterone:

"start checking for your urinary LH peak (with a fertility kit you can buy over the counter) in the evening when you notice stretchy vaginal mucus."

It makes me wonder how many of the women here have wound up in this forum because of taking this progestin-based birth control?

And I also have to wonder if Depo completely lowers estrogen, if you are never planning to have kids would it be a good thing to do and then replenish with plenty of Progesterone as prescribed by Ray Peat?

Thoughts?
. This link does not work.

http://www.menstruationresearch.org...why-and-what-to-do-about-adverse-experiences/

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals