Cost of living crisis UK: How are you planing on surviving this winter?

David PS

I have been thinking about an adult-size blanket fort for sleeping. Basically it would be using warm blankets to create a warm zone around my bed while I am sleeping. I have the blankets and I could create a fort to insulate the space around my bed.

teds

Forum Supporter
I had a winter without any heating- although I did have hot water.. I used hot water bottles a lot. I found that once I got warm under covers at night that helped. Warm foot baths as someone else mentioned were quite good if I was home in the day and doing something where I was sedentary. You may also want to invest in a good sheepskin rug for your chair/couch. They’re v nice to cosy up to.

Pablo Cruise

Its a GOOD thing they are shutting off your gas

I don't use gas to heat my home AT ALL this winter or last winter cause I get stressed inhaling all that carbon monoxide from burning gas

Getting stressed from cold is NOT WORSE than inhaling Carbon Monoxide throughout the day

A pack of matches costs like what $5 and wood is free - all you got to do is leave your city and become one with Nature just like our Ancestors

From EVERYTHING EVIL that is coming this is LIGHT WORK compared to what is to come
Seriously? Look, staying warm in the winter means many do not have options and inhaling C0 is not a concern. You think someone in Buffalo NY or NY city have the option you suggest? The problem is political not fixed by dialogue.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals