Convalescence/recovery spas/facilities

bagotage

Does anyone have advice on how to find good residential facilities for recovery from chronic health issues (mostly orthopedic/musculoskeletal in nature)? I want hot/cold water therapy, warm weather, sun, (relatively) Peat-y food... I am too injured and sick to care for myself. I have money (for now) and am willing to spend it, for my health. I'm only 35, I have to believe I can recover if I have the right environment around me. Feels like I need to go back 100 years to find the kind of place I want, but there must be something like it left in the world, somewhere...

akgrrrl

Does anyone have advice on how to find good residential facilities for recovery from chronic health issues (mostly orthopedic/musculoskeletal in nature)? I want hot/cold water therapy, warm weather, sun, (relatively) Peat-y food... I am too injured and sick to care for myself. I have money (for now) and am willing to spend it, for my health. I'm only 35, I have to believe I can recover if I have the right environment around me. Feels like I need to go back 100 years to find the kind of place I want, but there must be something like it left in the world, somewhere...
I was once where you are during reconstructive surgeries.
*I bought a 6ft soaker tub and had it installed with handrails. The convenience of using that ANY TIME I NEEDED far outweighed any perceived convenience of doing it somewhere else. The salts, aromatic botanicals therapeutic grade, the clays, oils etc were at my own discretion for whichever need.
*i was going to purchase a personal sauna, until I understood the water of the deep soaker tub far surpassed a sauna. 3 distinct species of eucalyptus became my friends...
* I bought cold gel packs for fridge and freezer, again, at my discretion.
*I purchased a shelf unit for beside my bed for incoming reference books, laptop and my research spirals for notes and health log, health records, image films and cds of procedures, essential oils, lotions, baby fridge with snacks and ice, 02 monitor, thermometer, nebulizer, heating pad, all my liquid and tablet supps, AND 3 grades of wrist and leg weights.
*I bought red lights. I have an infra red and then a longer spectrum red from LifeGiving Store. All I have to do is reach to my shelf unit, put it where I want it and flip the high quality switch.
*i hired a woman to cook what I wanted and stack containers in the fridge and freezer.
She also came on another day and cleaned my tub, toilet and sink, changed my bedding, floors and took all garbage with her out the door. I gave her a fine mist spray bottle with my choice of oils in distilled water to spray every room as she left with the garbage.

As I had one surgery after the other, (both knees at the same time) also both arms were casted at the same time fingertip to above elbow---I realized far quicker regeneration from having so many therapies immediately available, every day at any time.Long hot steaming baths with classical music and salts is amazing ANY day.
I would offer there is no comparison to owning these items/ being in control of their use/having them forever as an investment, to thinking you could benefit as much by having to travel somewhere else and be at the mercy of their applications.
Way cheaper also, obviously.
i would rather have the tub than a vehicle, lol.

OP
bagotage

bagotage

@akgrrrl I hear you, a home setup sounds nice, what worries me is I'm already so isolated, so many of us are... There is a real healing benefit to being in a "community" or whatever, even just being around other people—and also being outside, leaving your home.

sunny

Have you ever listened to Dr Jennifer Daniel's interviews with Patrick Timpone on oneradionetwork? I finally got around to it myself. You will hear her talk about eating connective tissues to heal the body- Ox tail, pig tail, pig ears, chicken feet, ham hocks, etc. I am going to incorporate more into my diet. It makes sense to me. She gives the example of herself, growing up eating these things - which enabled her to survive her unfortunate choice of being vegetarian for 26 years. She finally realized banishment of animal foods was killing her. Maybe this might be helpful for you.

akgrrrl

@akgrrrl I hear you, a home setup sounds nice, what worries me is I'm already so isolated, so many of us are... There is a real healing benefit to being in a "community" or whatever, even just being around other people—and also being outside, leaving your home.
You do realize that my suggestions are coming from isolation in rural Alaska, right? I already tried the "pool therapy" hot and cold in the nearest towns, the supposed healthy juicebars with 30 "nutrient" additions using mainstream fruit irradiated, pesticided top of the DirtyDozen most poison and gmo. The cost of transportation and not being around humans that I CHOOSE was far worse than any isolation mitigated by blissful therapies of my choice, my preferred temperature, length of time, and not having to be around other patients when I was in pain and needed quiet and soothing healing.
If you think social time with workers paid by the hour is the better investment, thats yours to make. Good luck.

Peachy

A spa town like Karlovy Vary in Czech Republic?

OP
bagotage

bagotage

Have you ever listened to Dr Jennifer Daniel's interviews with Patrick Timpone on oneradionetwork? I finally got around to it myself. You will hear her talk about eating connective tissues to heal the body- Ox tail, pig tail, pig ears, chicken feet, ham hocks, etc. I am going to incorporate more into my diet. It makes sense to me. She gives the example of herself, growing up eating these things - which enabled her to survive her unfortunate choice of being vegetarian for 26 years. She finally realized banishment of animal foods was killing her. Maybe this might be helpful for you.
Oh I'm very much aware... At home I try to do a lot of hydrolyzed collagen, but even that doesn't help as much as direct whole-animal eating. I'm finding I need animal protein at least two meals a day otherwise I'm in agony.

OP
bagotage

bagotage

You do realize that my suggestions are coming from isolation in rural Alaska, right? I already tried the "pool therapy" hot and cold in the nearest towns, the supposed healthy juicebars with 30 "nutrient" additions using mainstream fruit irradiated, pesticided top of the DirtyDozen most poison and gmo. The cost of transportation and not being around humans that I CHOOSE was far worse than any isolation mitigated by blissful therapies of my choice, my preferred temperature, length of time, and not having to be around other patients when I was in pain and needed quiet and soothing healing.
If you think social time with workers paid by the hour is the better investment, thats yours to make. Good luck.
I'm not talking about social time with workers, I'm talking about the diffuse energetic benefits of being in the presence of others, without necessarily needing anything from them or them needing anything from you. I hear you about being in rural Alaska though...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals