Consulting with Ray Peat

pone

What is the protocol for getting a consult with Ray Peat? I don't see any kind of contact information on his web site, nor explanation of what is required to get a consultation.

I have something like chronic fatigue syndrome, get extremely dehydrated very easily and rapidly, and my pH tends towards very acidic unless I treat it with alkaline fluids. My energy level has gone from workaholic to borderline dysfunctional. I would like to have him review labs and consult on diet.

A

Adnada

Hi! I'm not sure if you can consult with him! Last year I emailed with him several times, but he stopped replying to my emails, including a request to buy his publications and to have a phone consult. I would love to know if he changed his contact methods as well! I suspect he may feel he can reach more people by focusing on his articles and radio interviews.

After being unable to consult with Ray, I paid for a Skype session with Benedicte Mai Lerche, and was unfortunately disappointed. She had ZERO insight beyond the knowledge I had accrued during 6 months of Peat studies. I know she has helped others, but I would caution those who have a fairly decent understanding of this stuff who may be needing some fine tuning/ problem solving. She may be better able to help beginners.

Good luck, and in the mean time keep asking your questions here where there are many knowledgeable, helpful folks!

Adnada said:
... I paid for a Skype session with Benedicte Mai Lerche, and was unfortunately disappointed. She had ZERO insight beyond the knowledge I had accrued during 6 months of Peat studies. I know she has helped others, but I would caution those who have a fairly decent understanding of this stuff who may be needing some fine tuning/ problem solving. She may be better able to help beginners.

Good luck, and in the mean time keep asking your questions here where there are many knowledgeable, helpful folks!

Unfortunately, I had the same experience. While I consider myself a beginner (I have only been at this since last December) I did spend many many hours studying Peat's articles, reading tons of posts and listening to interviews. I wish I would have received some sort of enlightenment from my Skype consultation, oh well.

Dan W

I get the same impression as Adnada, that Peat's not really doing consultations any more, except maybe in special circumstances.

If you want one-on-one "coaching", I bet Danny Roddy, Zachariah Salazar, Rob Turner, and probably several others I've forgotten would be happy to help.

Given the growing popularity of RP's teaching, there is a risk that a regulatory agency may look to assert jurisdiction. That risk would be greater were RP to provide one-to-one consultations, rather than publish research.

But more importantly, RP believes that we should all find our own answers in our collective consciousness, rather than be directed by experts or authoritarians. Best to you.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
thebigpeatowski said:
Adnada said:
... I paid for a Skype session with Benedicte Mai Lerche, and was unfortunately disappointed. She had ZERO insight beyond the knowledge I had accrued during 6 months of Peat studies. I know she has helped others, but I would caution those who have a fairly decent understanding of this stuff who may be needing some fine tuning/ problem solving. She may be better able to help beginners.

Unfortunately, I had the same experience. While I consider myself a beginner (I have only been at this since last December) I did spend many many hours studying Peat's articles, reading tons of posts and listening to interviews. I wish I would have received some sort of enlightenment from my Skype consultation, oh well.
That's a bummer. I really like her and she helped me a lot but I was only about 2.5 months in when I had my initial consult. I also had some heavy-duty health issues and needed to feel reassured I was doing things 'right'. I attribute much of my success to her guidance at the time and she also recommended I join this forum. Sorry to hear you ladies didn't have the same positive experience.

burtlancast

visionofstrength said:
there is a risk that a regulatory agency may look to assert jurisdiction.

I'm actually surprised he managed to do so many up to now without being set up and arrested.
When these people want you, they usually succeed.

johns74

burtlancast said:
I'm actually surprised he managed to do so many up to now without being set up and arrested.

I would guess he uses language such as 'i knew some people who used 10 mg of this and that and got improvement'. Penalizing that would be I think a big restriction on freedom of speech.

johns74 said:
burtlancast said:

I would guess he uses language such as 'i knew some people who used 10 mg of this and that and got improvement'. Penalizing that would be I think a big restriction on freedom of speech.
To that, I've noticed in my correspondence with him he does not give me personalized advice, and keeps things at the level of findings in research. But yes, if they want him, they know where to find him. I really think he's just not afraid. It's one of the many inspiring things about him, for me (and there are many).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals