Confused on how to get enough protein with low fat and tryptophan

NationalPeatism

I don't understand how I am supposed to get enough protein in my diet while eating low fat and having low tryptophan. Cheese is too fatty to get the bulk of my protein from, even 93% lean beef I could only have one serving of without having too much fat, and I don't think its good to get 2/3 of my protein intake from beef gelatin, especially because it tastes weird. I guess I could drink a gallon of skim milk every day, but I have heard the weigh in milk, which contains the bulk of the protein, is high in tryptophan, and that there could be potential hormone issues caused by drinking that much milk. What are you guys doing?

TheDogsDid-It!

Forum Supporter
I don't understand how I am supposed to get enough protein in my diet while eating low fat and having low tryptophan. Cheese is too fatty to get the bulk of my protein from, even 93% lean beef I could only have one serving of without having too much fat, and I don't think its good to get 2/3 of my protein intake from beef gelatin, especially because it tastes weird. I guess I could drink a gallon of skim milk every day, but I have heard the weigh in milk, which contains the bulk of the protein, is high in tryptophan, and that there could be potential hormone issues caused by drinking that much milk. What are you guys doing?
This article might help with some information, along with its resource links. It helped me. If not, it is easy to delete and disregard. I get my protein mainly from sheep and goat dairy products, which I think is not popular by most on this site, but I've always had them in my diet with zero issues that I am aware of, and testing my DNA and my microbiome confirms. I haven't gone the route yet with making my own bone broth, but maybe someday. Instant pots make it far less a chore. Just need to make that looooong drive to a reliable butcher, and that is the only unappealing part for me.

Attachments

• protein-guidance-pdf.pdf
    271.6 KB · Views: 53

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
And why do you want to eat low tryptophan?

I see you are totally new here. Welcome.
Um, I would recommend to read the forum for a while to become up to date.

This forum does not follow Ray peat dietary recommendations. They are viewed as "toxic".

To get you up to date fast, low vitamin A, low copper, healing with glucose is what it revolves around these days. As I see it.

Edit:
You must eat beans also.
And just to have some fun:
If you feel that you are repulsed by some food then you are vitamin A and copper toxic, and if you are craving some foods then you are vitamin A and copper toxic because poison begets poison. :p:

If you read this forum enough you will start oozing poisons out. :cool:

Welcome again. :)

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals