Coke, Pepsi drinkers have bigger testicles, study claims

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
A study has revealed how drinking Coca Cola and Pepsi can lead to larger testicles and higher testosterone levels.
The Northwest Minzu University in China was attempting to determine the impact of carbonated beverages on fertility and sex organs in men.
The study looked at three groups of mice – one that only drank water, another that drank different levels of Coca Cola with another doing the same with Pepsi – over 15 days.
Coke and Pepsi could make testicles larger, according to study. Picture: istock

Coke and Pepsi could make testicles larger, according to study. Picture: istock
Tests on the rodents included weighing their testicles and drawing blood. They were tested on day one, as well as day five, seven, 10 and 15.
It was quickly discovered that the mice drinking Coke and 100 per cent Pepsi, compared to a mixture of Pepsi and water, had a significant change.
For instance, the mice that were given pure Coca-Cola had higher levels of the male hormone compared to the group that drank water.
The study concluded: “Drinking Coca-Cola and Pepsi-Cola could promote testis development and enhance testosterone secretion [ …] our findings provided the scientific bases and for fully understanding carbonated beverages effects and their mechanism on development and reproduction functions of humans, but also benefit to prevent prostate dysfunction and cancer.”
The study looked at three sets of mice.

The study looked at three sets of mice.
However, this contradicts previous studies that indicated sugary drinks made men less fertile, instead of more, as the new study suggested.

yerrag

Lacking in details.

Is it the carbonation?

Is it the essential oils used?

Is it the sugar or the sugar substitutes?

Are the testicles larger because of edema, or because they've become more beefy?

Vinny

Lacking in details.

Is it the carbonation?

Is it the essential oils used?

Is it the sugar or the sugar substitutes?

Are the testicles larger because of edema, or because they've become more beefy?
:thumbsup:

Apple

I read that finasteride does the same, body is trying to compensate to produce more T.
Maybe there is dht blocker ( from essential oils ) in coke ? Hence , hairy Mexicans fenomen explained

Last edited:

JamesGatz

I read that finasteride does the same, body is trying to compensate to produce more T.
Maybe there is dht blocker ( from essential oils ) in coke ? Hence , hairy Mexicans fenomen explained
Honestly THIS

Ever since I started BLASTING DHT, my balls dont hang low anymore, but my penis has ONLY GROWN

I think Estrogen and/or High T makes your balls hang low and keepin busy

AnonE

Glad someone posted the study, I wanted to get to the bottom of this and see if maybe their experiment design had some obvious flaw.

"Two experimental groups of 30 mice each PEP-1 and PEP-2 drank 50% and 100% Pepsi-Cola, respectively for 15 days. Other 2 experimental groups of 30 mice each COC-1 and COC-2 drank 50% and 100% Coca-Cola, respectively for 15 days. The control group (CG) of 30 mice drank water. Bilateral testes were harvested aseptically on days 0, 5, 7, 10, 13 and 15. Real-time PCR and Western blot were implemented to detect levels of androgen receptor (AR) mRNA and protein in testis tissues."

Right away my biggest concern is just overall calories being the biggest contributing factor. What if all the mice have the same food rations, but then the PEP-2 and COC-2 groups are just getting an extra 100 calories (or whatever equivalent would be for the mice) per day? The body needs energy to create sex hormones.

Another factor is that caffeine content is not controlled, as obvious the full drink PEP-2 and COC-2 groups would receive the most caffeine.

"Mice were raised in mice cages that were equipped with automatic water dispensers under the same conditions kept at 30% to 50% humidity and 22°C-24°C. Water was provided ad libitum. Mice were freely fed with daily ration feeds (Lanzhou Taihua Feed Co., China). Each mouse was weighed every day. The experiment was begun after an adaptation period of 7 days."

Alright, free feeding is good, as that most closely mimics what would occur in nature, i.e. animals have choices in their environment of how much to eat or not. I wonder what these ration feeds have, if they were low-carb for example then again we could easily conclude it's just having more carbs/sugar available in the diet which lead to increased T. So now let's see how was the pepsi and coke administered?

"Mice in PEP-1 and PEP-2 drank freely 50% and pure (100%) Pepsi-Cola, respectively for consecutive 15 days. Animals in COC-1 and COC-2 drank freely 50% and pure (100%) Coca-Cola, respectively for consecutive 15 days. Mice in the control group (CG) drank freely tap water."

OK this is good, presumably the mice had the choice to consume all the rations and/or various liquids they wanted.

Results: yep they look statistically significant.

Conclusion: it's interesting, I wouldn't run out and start guzzling coke just yet though my dudes. My hypothesis is that the sugar and/or caffeine increasing the metabolic rate may have helped balance out or detox something from the daily ration feeds, which I can't imagine being of very good quality. I bet if they repeated the experiment with e.g. raw honey instead, you'd probably see similar results.

Also interesting is how apparently the coke and pepsi isn't good for females - "Our initial experiments demonstrated that Pepsi-Cola and Coca-Cola could reduce ovarian weight, inhibited the development of follicles and oocytes. Pepsi-Cola and Coca-Cola obviously reduced pregnancy rate and fetus numbers of female mice, such affected reproduction behaviors of female mice (11)."

Finally there's a tidbit for humans - "A survey of 2500 men indicated that the sperms quantity was reduced by 30% after men drank 1 liter cola beverage every day as compared to those without drinking any CSD. The oxidants and additives in CBs result in proteins oxidation, cell damages (15) and reduce sperm motility (23)."

I want to point out the keyword of "survey" here. This isn't a controlled trial like the rat study, but rather an observational finding "oh the men who drink this much cola per day seem to have much less sperm". We don't know what causes what; maybe the already sickly people are trying to self-medicate with the coke, maybe sick/fat people drink a lot of coke on top of all their other crap (i.e. they consume a lot of everything), etc. Surveys have a ton of bias and confounding variables, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. However they do provide some examples of mechanisms to back up their correlation finding from the survey.

Who knows! More studies are worthwhile. I'd want to see replacing cola with natural honey or something, and also check on the mice reproductive behavior on the cola. Bigger testicles, sure, but are they... inflamed? Able to reproduce better? Would the big-ball coke mice be king of the mice playground when interacting with other mice? Etc.

Final conclusion - the only thing we can know for sure is that having a dietary alternative (in the form of cola) to the standard mice ration feed results in bigger balls.

Dapose

Forum Supporter
Ok all you N=1’s out there! Get your scales out. Get a pen and paper. You know what to do. Report back in 15 days folks!
🥤 🏈 🏀 ⚽

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals