Can’t seem to come out of estrogen dominance. Tried everything already

Linnechka

No I didn’t, will look into this, thank you! What’s so special about the glucarate form?
Along the lines of CDG, have you looked up the three phases of estrogen detoxification? Carrie Jones has a really helpful IG series about each phase of the process and makes it clear that often we're focusing on a phase that our bodies don't actually struggle with. A lot of those supplements (DIM, CDG, sulforaphane) get lumped together as supplements to help people with estrogen dominance but actually help detoxification in totally different ways.

Here's one of her posts about how these supplements work differently:

And then her detoxification series:
Phase One:
Phase Two:
Phase Three:

Maybe her posts can help you figure out which phase is being affected the most?

This thread might also be helpful: Estrogen - How To Unbind From Tissues
haidut's post about halfway down the first page that starts with "Everything that inhibits metabolism will trigger estrogen synthesis" is what I'm thinking of. Do you take thyroid medication? Maybe your thyroid needs more support

From personal experience, I can't help at this point. I've been peating less than a year and am still struggling with estrogen dominance that's very evident in my legs. But I hope that the estrogen series helps.

OP
NodeCerebri

NodeCerebri

CDG improves glucuronidation, a process by which the liver facilitates the clearance of toxins and used hormones from the body. CDG exists in many foods but in small amounts. A supplement can help accelerate this process, to shift the estrogen balance in the body.
Found an article and am ordering this already to give it a shot, many thanks!

boris

hypothyroid for more than a decade.

Ray Peat: "If a person is hypothyroid, the tissues are likely to contain more estrogen, making them less sensitive to progesterone, so it’s good to be aware of indicators of thyroid status [...]"

Ray Peat: "Hypothyroidism leads to increased estrogen [...]"

Ray Peat: "Hypothyroidism prevents the liver from attaching glucuronic acid to estrogen, and so increases the body’s retention of estrogen, which in turn impairs the thyroid gland’s ability to secrete thyroid hormone."

Ray Peat: "[...] hypothyroidism leads to hyperestrogenism. (Estrogens are known to be thyroid suppressors, so the problem tends to be self-accelerating.)"

Ray Peat: "Hypothyroidism increases serotonin activity in the body, as it increases estrogen dominance"

Ray Peat: "Hypothyroidism is characterized by increased levels of both noradrenalin and serotonin, and of other stress-related hormones, including cortisol and estrogen. "

53:00 Ray Peat on cellulite

Danny Roddy | Demystifying Thyroid Supplementation

OP
NodeCerebri

NodeCerebri

What is your body fat? I am also lean and muscular, even when I worked out a lot I still had that issue. It was gone only when I was (not intentionaly) at 12% body fat which was very unhealthy. That is why I came to conclusion that it's genetics.
i understand. I am at 17 per cent right now. I Understand what you’ve been through. I also lost many kilos in a short time unintentionally once, under heavy stress. But that unhealthy weight loss is different to healthy weight loss isn’t it? I was very very skinny back then and also felt horrible, like you described. Right now I just feel stuck. Are you maintaining your weight right now?

Hirri

i understand. I am at 17 per cent right now. I Understand what you’ve been through. I also lost many kilos in a short time unintentionally once, under heavy stress. But that unhealthy weight loss is different to healthy weight loss isn’t it? I was very very skinny back then and also felt horrible, like you described. Right now I just feel stuck. Are you maintaining your weight right now?
I am maintaining more or less but I am not happy about how I look. I feel much better (sleep better, not haunted by extreme hunger and cravings, never get sick etc), but mentally I really don't like myself like this because I simply feel fat and hate the cellulite which is really bad. I haven't checked my body fat now but since it was too low I gained 15lbs (not entirely fat, some muscles too), I'd say maybe I am around 20% of fat, maybe 22%. So according to my age (36) and height my weight is normal and I think even healthy. But my legs look exactly like you say - estrogenic. I just gave up and thought that's just the way I am.

golder

Have you tried vitamin E or boiled mushrooms and drinking the water they are boiled in too?
Oops I was throwing this away on the assumption that the hydrazine (or whatever the compound was that long cooking removes) would of intiitively been left in the water? Guess I was wrong about this? Does the water have anything that the well cooked mushroom won’t have?

GreenTrails

If you are estrogen dominant, you could get a prescription for bio-identical progesterone. Estrogen dominance is really lack of progesterone from what I understand. Estrogen and progesterone need to be balanced in a woman's body. Estrogen dominance can cause all kinds of problems. First of all though, get a blood test to see where you are. A good bio-identical doctor will do that.

Hirri

If you are estrogen dominant, you could get a prescription for bio-identical progesterone. Estrogen dominance is really lack of progesterone from what I understand. Estrogen and progesterone need to be balanced in a woman's body. Estrogen dominance can cause all kinds of problems. First of all though, get a blood test to see where you are. A good bio-identical doctor will do that.
I thought so too and I had progesterone tested on day 20th for a couple of cycles and in fact it was almost at the top of the highest range. So now I am doubting this theory. But maybe I don't know much anout it.

GreenTrails

If your progesterone is "almost at the top of the highest range", I wouldn't call that estrogen dominance!

Hirri

If your progesterone is "almost at the top of the highest range", I wouldn't call that estrogen dominance!
and yet I have severe cellulite on my legs at a normal weight and muscular body :( That's why I was bringing up the genetic factor to the post author. But of course, that's how I see from my perspective and I sure wish there was something to get rid off the cellulite.

GreenTrails

I have read that cellulite is difficult to get rid of. If your weight is in a normal range, your legs probably look better than you think they do.

Maljam

Oops I was throwing this away on the assumption that the hydrazine (or whatever the compound was that long cooking removes) would of intiitively been left in the water? Guess I was wrong about this? Does the water have anything that the well cooked mushroom won’t have?

Hydrazine is lowered by means other than water, so maybe not. Peat has said before the boiled water is as important as the mushrooms themselves though. I believe some aromatase inhibitors are in the water.

OP
NodeCerebri

NodeCerebri

I am maintaining more or less but I am not happy about how I look. I feel much better (sleep better, not haunted by extreme hunger and cravings, never get sick etc), but mentally I really don't like myself like this because I simply feel fat and hate the cellulite which is really bad. I haven't checked my body fat now but since it was too low I gained 15lbs (not entirely fat, some muscles too), I'd say maybe I am around 20% of fat, maybe 22%. So according to my age (36) and height my weight is normal and I think even healthy. But my legs look exactly like you say - estrogenic. I just gave up and thought that's just the way I am.
? I just won’t accept genetics as factor, idk. I will try CDG and exercising a bit more and will report again. Maybe I’ll consult some peaty trainers also. Maybe the fascia are an underlying problem, not the tissue itself? If everything regarding diet and lifestyle seems to be right..

OP
NodeCerebri

NodeCerebri

and yet I have severe cellulite on my legs at a normal weight and muscular body :( That's why I was bringing up the genetic factor to the post author. But of course, that's how I see from my perspective and I sure wish there was something to get rid off the cellulite.
Or maybe there is still some inflammation going on in our bodies. I just can’t fathom this, as IMHO we practice the majority of things right to be at least not causing further inflammation.

Hirri

? I just won’t accept genetics as factor, idk. I will try CDG and exercising a bit more and will report again. Maybe I’ll consult some peaty trainers also. Maybe the fascia are an underlying problem, not the tissue itself? If everything regarding diet and lifestyle seems to be right..
If you have any success, please share. I am also thinking maybe I should do more weight training and stop running at all (I used to run a lot, now I only run when I really want to and never any long distance). But weight training is not easy now that all the gyms are constantly closed.

Hirri

Or maybe there is still some inflammation going on in our bodies. I just can’t fathom this, as IMHO we practice the majority of things right to be at least not causing further inflammation.
Yeah maybe. I just cannot understand this when I see so many women, older women, overweight women, not muscular women with bikinis and zero cellulite and here I am at normal weight, working out, eating more or less healthy, not drinking alcohol, not smoking and with so much cellulite. So weird.

OP
NodeCerebri

NodeCerebri

If you have any success, please share. I am also thinking maybe I should do more weight training and stop running at all (I used to run a lot, now I only run when I really want to and never any long distance). But weight training is not easy now that all the gyms are constantly closed.
Will do. Did you know of bodyweight Training already? There are many great apps like „you are your own gym“. Those workouts really kick! They seem so harmless without added weights, but they are really effective.

Hirri

Will do. Did you know of bodyweight Training already? There are many great apps like „you are your own gym“. Those workouts really kick! They seem so harmless without added weights, but they are really effective.
I have been using Natacha Oceane workouts lately, but I will check out this app also. Thanks.

OP
NodeCerebri

NodeCerebri

Yeah maybe. I just cannot understand this when I see so many women, older women, overweight women, not muscular women with bikinis and zero cellulite and here I am at normal weight, working out, eating more or less healthy, not drinking alcohol, not smoking and with so much cellulite. So weird.
What also came to my mind right now: my sister in-law is extremely skinny, but she is also really built very tiny and skinny. Everyone in her family is. And yet she has really crazy visible cellulite. When her mother (!) and her sister don’t. That’s why I just won’t believe in the genetic factor. It’s clear that it has to be something inflammatory and resulting from disturbances in metabolism, maybe we’ll find the missing peace one day :D

Hirri

What also came to my mind right now: my sister in-law is extremely skinny, but she is also really built very tiny and skinny. Everyone in her family is. And yet she has really crazy visible cellulite. When her mother (!) and her sister don’t. That’s why I just won’t believe in the genetic factor. It’s clear that it has to be something inflammatory and resulting from disturbances in metabolism, maybe we’ll find the missing peace one day :D
My mom does not have it too. At the age of 59 and being a bit overweight and she also NEVER exercised her entire life. I agree about inflammatory factor, but again it seems like it's somehow incurable. Maybe not genetics but something that some women are prone to which is determined by some genetic factors, I don't know.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals