Can You Just "wash" Away Serotonin From The Colon, Using A Colon Cleanse?

TreasureVibe

I was wondering this since ever since I have taken a colon cleanse at home with water, I've just felt so much better in my tummy, and mentally too in terms of stress - I just feel a whole lot less stressed overall, and can face stressful situations with less stress than before.

I did 2 colon cleanses, one with water and one with salt water. I did both right after eachother. The salt water actually traveled all the way to my small intestines, whereas the water sticked around in my colon.

tara

You can remove endotoxin from the GI lumen by emptying it. I expect that could reduce the amount that gets through into the system, reduce burden, and feel better.
AIUI, serotonin is released in gut tissues (rather than into the lumen) in response to irritants that the gut wants rid of - mechanical and chemical. So you don't wash out the serotonin itself, but you might remove some irritant and give it a rest from irritation and stimulation?

InChristAlone

You simply get rid of the irritant like Tara said. I also feel better if I flush my colon every now and then.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

You can remove endotoxin from the GI lumen by emptying it. I expect that could reduce the amount that gets through into the system, reduce burden, and feel better.
AIUI, serotonin is released in gut tissues (rather than into the lumen) in response to irritants that the gut wants rid of - mechanical and chemical. So you don't wash out the serotonin itself, but you might remove some irritant and give it a rest from irritation and stimulation?
I notice I have alot less cramps ever since the cleanses, and also cramps are less intensive if I happen to get them. Is this good or bad?

Dennis

I was wondering this since ever since I have taken a colon cleanse at home with water, I've just felt so much better in my tummy, and mentally too in terms of stress - I just feel a whole lot less stressed overall, and can face stressful situations with less stress than before.

I did 2 colon cleanses, one with water and one with salt water. I did both right after eachother. The salt water actually traveled all the way to my small intestines, whereas the water sticked around in my colon.
Can you tell me the specifics of the colon cleanse, since there are many variants of it.

tara

I notice I have alot less cramps ever since the cleanses, and also cramps are less intensive if I happen to get them. Is this good or bad?
You are asking if it is good to have fewer and less intense cramps?
What possible benefit do you think cramps might be?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals