Can Someone Recommend Supplements Other Than Antihistamines For Pollen?

I live in the mountains around a lot of trees and foliage. I’ve been noticing that this year, the pollen count is extremely high. Makes my nose run a lot. I like to exercize in the morning but when I do lately, the pollen count plus humidity, makes it harder to breath.

Any supplement reccommendations as to what might help with the reaction to pollen, and something helping with breathing?

Dave Clark

You could start with the most well known , and see if they have a positive effect, such as quercetin, bromelain, vitamin C, MSM {organic sulfur}, etc. Some people use tyrosine, Palmitoylethanolamide {PEA}, etc. and other things, but you would just have to experiment with some natural things.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
You could start with the most well known , and see if they have a positive effect, such as quercetin, bromelain, vitamin C, MSM {organic sulfur}, etc. Some people use tyrosine, Palmitoylethanolamide {PEA}, etc. and other things, but you would just have to experiment with some natural things.
I do take quercetin & vitamin C daily. Maybe I need to up the dosage. I haven’t tried MSM. Is that good for breathing?

Dave Clark

I do take quercetin & vitamin C daily. Maybe I need to up the dosage. I haven’t tried MSM. Is that good for breathing?
Many people say it has helped them with allergies, however, I think it is individualized, since allergies are a complex issue. it is beneficial for inflammation, joints, etc. Do a search to find the all the perceived benefits, search either 'organic sulfur' or 'MSM'

redsun

I live in the mountains around a lot of trees and foliage. I’ve been noticing that this year, the pollen count is extremely high. Makes my nose run a lot. I like to exercize in the morning but when I do lately, the pollen count plus humidity, makes it harder to breath.

Any supplement reccommendations as to what might help with the reaction to pollen, and something helping with breathing?
Take a methyl donor, TMG (also known as betaine anhydeous) to reduce histamine. Try 1-2g a day in the morning with food.

Z

Zsazsa

While doing Anulom Vilom Pranayama I noticed I always had one-sided blockage, which I found odd, because otherwise it was completely asymptomatic.
About 2 years ago I tried aloe juice (for other purposes) and noticed that it is a powerful anti-histamine because I could finally breathe freely from both nosetrils during the pranayamas.

Dave Clark

They say that NAC can be helpful, supposed to thin mucus for better drainage, and immune support. Use on a need-to-use basis.

Peatful

Bee pollen.

nothing has really helped me other than

1. cyproheptadine before bed every few days

2. corticosteroid nasal spray. Sadly that actually works brilliantly when nothing else does. If you use as little as possible it has virtually no side effects.

also, many herbals are quite estrogenic...Ma Huang and quercetin for instance are natural antihistamines in higher doses but VERY estrogenic.

I have concluded that the stress for me of constant sneezing is not worth it.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
nothing has really helped me other than

1. cyproheptadine before bed every few days

2. corticosteroid nasal spray. Sadly that actually works brilliantly when nothing else does. If you use as little as possible it has virtually no side effects.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I hate using a corticosteroid, but with allergy season being really bad this year, I may have to use this. And use as little as possible as you said.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals