Can I Hack It? So Far, My Health Would Say No

theLaw

Great--appreciate you sharing your experience.

Yeah, frequent or constant headaches would not be fun.

Do you mind sharing whether you're taking it to combat a specific issue or is it more preventative/optimal health kind of a thing?

After listening to the ATHD podcast, and seeing a complete lack of info about it here (even Haidut hasn't used it), it sounded like a way to increase the effectiveness of other sups, so that was my overall goal.

It had some other positive side effects for me as well (libido, erection quality, overall resistance to stress), but the headaches concerned me, so I decided better safe than sorry.

I also don't know if there are other sups that shouldn't be taken with Urea, like high-dose caffeine or amino acids. Again, very little info on the forum.

VOS used is as well: Urea

Also, Ray said in that episode that Urea was very similar to Creatine with the virtually the same effects.

Last edited:
OP
Mossy

Mossy

After listening to the ATHD podcast, and seeing a complete lack of info about it here (even Haidut hasn't used it), it sounded like a way to increase the effectiveness of other sups, so that was my overall goal.

It had some other positive side effects for me as well (libido, erection quality, overall resistance to stress), but the headaches concerned me, so I decided better safe than sorry.

I also don't know if there are other sups that shouldn't be taken with Urea, like high-dose caffeine or amino acids. Again, very little info on the forum.

VOS used is as well: Urea

Also, Ray said in that episode that Urea was very similar to Creatine with the virtually the same effects.
Yeah, that will be interesting to see if the lower dose gives you the benefits without the headaches.

I'll take a look at that VOS thread, thanks.

Interesting, about it being similar to creatine. Maybe it's an ATP thing, which the little I know is associated with cell energy (if this is accurate).

Obi-wan

My PSA just went from 77 to 47. I think the oil of oregano is having an impact. I believe all cancer has a fungal component

OP
Mossy

Mossy

My PSA just went from 77 to 47. I think the oil of oregano is having an impact. I believe all cancer has a fungal component
Excellent. Are you pretty confident it was the oil of oregano, versus some of the other things you take?

Obi-wan

That was the only thing new in the last 30 days. I get a PSA every month

OP
Mossy

Mossy

That was the only thing new in the last 30 days. I get a PSA every month
You've inspired me to reconsider my olive leaf extract, which is an anti-fungal that I hear good things about. Also, I will break out my oil of oregano as well.

OP
Mossy

Mossy

I think it's worth adding here, that to date, turmeric may be the best supplement I've taken.

I've been taking it for about 12 days now, and it has helped with bad joints, mental fatigue, depression, anxiety, digestion, and constipation. I have to add that I also did take a few low doses of an oregano tincture and digestive enzymes; so, those are a factor, to some degree, but I've only taken those for several days. My thought is that those would be possible contributors to digestion and constipation. But, until I discover otherwise, I'll have to give most of the credit to turmeric.

One of my greatest challenges has been the digestion and constipation, but I am now having at least one bowel movement a day. It's enough to make me want to sing"Young Turks be free tonight!".

P.S. I should add, the slight negatives of turmeric is that it does seem to thin my blood a bit and lower blood sugar a bit, making me a little light-headed, from time-to-time. I would need to confirm these two negatives with real testing, but it does seem to be the case.

Obi-wan

I think it's worth adding here, that to date, turmeric may be the best supplement I've taken.

I've been taking it for about 12 days now, and it has helped with bad joints, mental fatigue, depression, anxiety, digestion, and constipation. I have to add that I also did take a few low doses of an oregano tincture and digestive enzymes; so, those are a factor, to some degree, but I've only taken those for several days. My thought is that those would be possible contributors to digestion and constipation. But, until I discover otherwise, I'll have to give most of the credit to turmeric.

One of my greatest challenges has been the digestion and constipation, but I am now having at least one bowel movement a day. It's enough to make me want to sing"Young Turks be free tonight!".

P.S. I should add, the slight negatives of turmeric is that it does seem to thin my blood a bit and lower blood sugar a bit, making me a little light-headed, from time-to-time. I would need to confirm these two negatives with real testing, but it does seem to be the case.
Stop one of them and see if it makes a difference

OP
Mossy

Mossy

Stop one of them and see if it makes a difference
Yes. I've already stopped the oregano and digestive enzymes a few days back.

OP
Mossy

Mossy

I thought I should follow up on this, to report that turmeric was not the constipation remedy I thought it was. I do feel it is helpful for digestion, depression, anxiety, and cognitive recuperation, but the side effects still seem to be blood thinning, resulting in light headedness.

OP
Mossy

Mossy

I can add, that I think oil of oregano does actually stimulate digestion and help with constipation, but as has been my experience in the past, makes me sick--most supplements do. I'm guessing it's just the oregano doing its job and my body feeling taxed from it.

Obi-wan

die off effect?

OP
Mossy

Mossy

die off effect?
That would be my guess. I know it's a bit of a cliche answer for any adverse effects, but I think there is truth to it.

OP
Mossy

Mossy

I forgot to add, I did try adding saffron and nutmeg with the turmeric, but I feel if the saffron does anything, is makes me not feel well. I learned of these concoctions here, which claims saffron to be on par with CBD oil. CBD is an extraction from cannabis, that has been successful for many with inflammation and other health issues.

That link also states that saffron is high in B2, and I'm always eager to get vitamins in the natural forum, assuming they would be better assimilated. I will try saffron again, at some point, and hope to have better success. By the way, it's not cheap, and the quality can really vary; so, maybe therein lies my problem--quality.

It does seem like a miracle spice:
"...saffron has a long history of use as a folk medicine for treating cancer, convulsions, headaches, skin conditions, asthma, ulcers, premenstrual distress, and other diseases. The Ebers papyrus (1550 BC) refers to saffron as a “cheering cardiac medicament” and a cure for kidney problems...Clinical trials evaluated the anti-depressant properties of saffron and concluded that it was more effective than a placebo and equivalent to Prozac."​

OP
Mossy

Mossy

T3 doesn’t really effect my heart rate much. But I know it does with others. My gf has started using it too, she’s loving it. My fave thing about t3 is the nutrient portioning effects and it makes me drop water like nothing else :)
@Muckl3, I’m moving over to my own thread, as not to detail the taurine thread. As this thread shows, I am hyper sensitive to nearly every single supplement, which is why I was interested in your success with T3. Do you mind sharing what brand you use, and dosage? Also, any adverse effects you get (if any), and how you counter them?

Also, could you expand on “nutrient portioning effects“?

Muckl3

Sorry been away a while, death in the family.

I use a pharma t3 I can pm you if you want.

No adverse effects but could be different for everyone, I’ve used from 12.5 to 150 a day experimenting.

In basic terms the nutrients get shuttled to the muscles as opposed to body fat. This was something I seen a massive effect in.

OP
Mossy

Mossy

Sorry been away a while, death in the family.

I use a pharma t3 I can pm you if you want.

No adverse effects but could be different for everyone, I’ve used from 12.5 to 150 a day experimenting.

In basic terms the nutrients get shuttled to the muscles as opposed to body fat. This was something I seen a massive effect in.
No worries. I know life is trying and busy for all.

Thanks for the info. My thought was to use the tyroid that Haidut has available, versus having to go through a doctor. Just glad to hear you have no adverse effects, which is motivating for me.

Interesting about the muscles taking advantage. Stress and poor health tend to manifest themselves in muscle-wasting for me—so, maybe this could help.

I’ll post back if I try this. Thanks agin for the input.

Jack Roe

No worries. I know life is trying and busy for all.

Thanks for the info. My thought was to use the tyroid that Haidut has available, versus having to go through a doctor. Just glad to hear you have no adverse effects, which is motivating for me.

Interesting about the muscles taking advantage. Stress and poor health tend to manifest themselves in muscle-wasting for me—so, maybe this could help.

I’ll post back if I try this. Thanks agin for the input.

Healthy people eating a balanced diet do not need extra thyroid. This view that "the PUFA has made you toxic, so you need thyroid" is not backed by any evidence, I know lots of healthy people who like salad dressing, nuts, etc. who are healthy, active, with no thyroid problems. Thyroid would make you feel better, but so would cocaine or amphetamine, more than likely. Have you done a spreadsheet of the essential vitamins and minerals and determined how much of them you get in a day? It's really easy to do. If you get less than the RDA for any of them, consider that as a target to meet.

What it appears to me is that the Peat diet is deficient in molybdenum, which is necessary for the enzymes that deal with aldehydes.

"The end products of lipid peroxidation are reactive aldehydes, such as malondialdehyde (MDA) and 4-hydroxynonenal (HNE)"
(Lipid peroxidation - Wikipedia)

"Aldehyde oxidase (AO) is a metabolizing enzyme, located in the cytosolic compartment of tissues in many organisms. AO catalyzes the oxidation of aldehydes into carboxylic acid, and in addition, catalyzes the hydroxylation of some heterocycles....AO catalyzes the conversion of an aldehyde in the presence of oxygen and water to an acid and hydrogen peroxide. "
Aldehyde oxidase - Wikipedia

How much molybdenum do you get in your daily diet? The daily recommendation by the IOM is determined in a fairly low-quality way, IMO, because overt deficiency signs do not crop up except in people with genetic defects. The recommended daily amount is about half of what healthy, free-living populations eat. The ALA and LA recommendations are also determined by looking at what healthy free-living populations consume. So, the average healthy person in the IOM's data pool eats about 2x RDA Mo and a whole lot of LA and a bit of ALA. Likely they would benefit from less LA and more ALA, but the body needs Mo for a number of enzymes: xanthine oxidase, sulfite oxidase, nitrate reductase, hmARC and possibly others.

XO, for example, is involved in the liberation of iron from the storage form, so even if one has enough iron in the body, without sufficient XO, it may not be liberated for use in reactions.

Using exogenous thyroid hormones is never going to do much but paper over a nutrient deficiency, and remember: anyone selling thyroid hormones has a conflict of interest if he is also pushing research that says they're a good thing to take. The world is full of people who had their thyroids irradiated/removed early on in life, and many of them enjoy poor health in spite of getting as much thyroid hormone as required by mouth.

OP
Mossy

Mossy

Healthy people eating a balanced diet do not need extra thyroid. This view that "the PUFA has made you toxic, so you need thyroid" is not backed by any evidence, I know lots of healthy people who like salad dressing, nuts, etc. who are healthy, active, with no thyroid problems. Thyroid would make you feel better, but so would cocaine or amphetamine, more than likely. Have you done a spreadsheet of the essential vitamins and minerals and determined how much of them you get in a day? It's really easy to do. If you get less than the RDA for any of them, consider that as a target to meet.

What it appears to me is that the Peat diet is deficient in molybdenum, which is necessary for the enzymes that deal with aldehydes.

"The end products of lipid peroxidation are reactive aldehydes, such as malondialdehyde (MDA) and 4-hydroxynonenal (HNE)"
(Lipid peroxidation - Wikipedia)

"Aldehyde oxidase (AO) is a metabolizing enzyme, located in the cytosolic compartment of tissues in many organisms. AO catalyzes the oxidation of aldehydes into carboxylic acid, and in addition, catalyzes the hydroxylation of some heterocycles....AO catalyzes the conversion of an aldehyde in the presence of oxygen and water to an acid and hydrogen peroxide. "
Aldehyde oxidase - Wikipedia

How much molybdenum do you get in your daily diet? The daily recommendation by the IOM is determined in a fairly low-quality way, IMO, because overt deficiency signs do not crop up except in people with genetic defects. The recommended daily amount is about half of what healthy, free-living populations eat. The ALA and LA recommendations are also determined by looking at what healthy free-living populations consume. So, the average healthy person in the IOM's data pool eats about 2x RDA Mo and a whole lot of LA and a bit of ALA. Likely they would benefit from less LA and more ALA, but the body needs Mo for a number of enzymes: xanthine oxidase, sulfite oxidase, nitrate reductase, hmARC and possibly others.

XO, for example, is involved in the liberation of iron from the storage form, so even if one has enough iron in the body, without sufficient XO, it may not be liberated for use in reactions.

Using exogenous thyroid hormones is never going to do much but paper over a nutrient deficiency, and remember: anyone selling thyroid hormones has a conflict of interest if he is also pushing research that says they're a good thing to take. The world is full of people who had their thyroids irradiated/removed early on in life, and many of them enjoy poor health in spite of getting as much thyroid hormone as required by mouth.
Hi Jack, thanks for the input. I hear what you’re saying, but I think the one common aspect of those taking thyroid, and those who Dr. Peat is suggesting it for, is that they’re not healthy. Should I take it, my objective would be to get back to normal (healthy), and wean myself off of it. I say this as a point of discussion, and not with an absolute position on it. I can say, based on my past experiences with supplements, and what I’ve read about thyroid experiences, it would take more coaxing for me to take it, than not.

I had been using cronometer for the last year, and normally would come up short within a given day on meeting my RDAs. So, you do have a point there. I do prefer to survive, and eventually thrive, on food alone, but my poor health keeps me searching for something extra.

I do have molybdenum, but am hesitant to take it, after just recently reading some negatives on supplementing it (on this forum). I’ll have to search for it. Currently, I hardly take any supplements—too many bad reactions.

Cronometer does not track molybdenum (that I’m aware of), so I’m not certain how I would tell what I’m getting in food. As for the other detail and recomemdations you provide, I’ll have to go back over it, to attempt to grasp it. This stuff doesn't come as natural to me, as many others on this forum, but I do usually glean some key points and can build on my understanding of things.

Thanks for your perspective.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals