New To Peat, Help Me Hack Myself!

Sullytex

Hello all I am new here and have been peating for about 5 weeks.

What I refer to peating is:
Avoid PUFA
Drink milk and OJ
Lots of collagen
Coffee
Coconut oil
Liver/offal multiple times a week (supplement size doses)
Aspirin
Niacinamide
Taurine
D3
K2
B1
Bag breathing and circular breathing
(Very occasionally) methylene blue

Stopped all crazy workouts.
Stopped keto
Stopped carnivore stopped ketovore
Stopped trt

What I am up against:
54 y o veteran with PTSD
Been fed a pharmacy worth of crap over the years including world wide deployable inoculations 3 times.
268 pound (fat) shadow of my former self
Diabetic
High BP
Insomnia and nightmares
Lost of body hair extremities and gained on back
Hard to keep muscle and lose fat
Genitals seem smaller(?!)

Trt helped strength not libido and just skyrocketed my estrogen and hematocrit and pushed my blood pressure up. Libido has been nonexistent for years. Even penile injections only work some. Shows you how desperate I have become.

I was hoping to get some pointers. I really want to get back to former glory (ie. Lean, muscular, great libido, clear headed, just ******* VITAL AGAIN. I moved better with a m60 and Abag the most did with only an AR ) When wife asks, "What happened to the guy I married?" I say, "i ate him, and a cookie!"
So far on peat i got AM temp to 96.4 from 96.2 and actually sweated a few times after meals (dripping sweat w/o sweaty feet or palms). I wake less as night.

So, I'm asking for your input diet, exercise, supps (including idealabs stacks) and hacks.

Please!

Thanks

Sully

Velve921

Hello all I am new here and have been peating for about 5 weeks.

What I refer to peating is:
Avoid PUFA
Drink milk and OJ
Lots of collagen
Coffee
Coconut oil
Liver/offal multiple times a week (supplement size doses)
Aspirin
Niacinamide
Taurine
D3
K2
B1
Bag breathing and circular breathing
(Very occasionally) methylene blue

Stopped all crazy workouts.
Stopped keto
Stopped carnivore stopped ketovore
Stopped trt

What I am up against:
54 y o veteran with PTSD
Been fed a pharmacy worth of crap over the years including world wide deployable inoculations 3 times.
268 pound (fat) shadow of my former self
Diabetic
High BP
Insomnia and nightmares
Lost of body hair extremities and gained on back
Hard to keep muscle and lose fat
Genitals seem smaller(?!)

Trt helped strength not libido and just skyrocketed my estrogen and hematocrit and pushed my blood pressure up. Libido has been nonexistent for years. Even penile injections only work some. Shows you how desperate I have become.

I was hoping to get some pointers. I really want to get back to former glory (ie. Lean, muscular, great libido, clear headed, just ******* VITAL AGAIN. I moved better with a m60 and Abag the most did with only an AR ) When wife asks, "What happened to the guy I married?" I say, "i ate him, and a cookie!"
So far on peat i got AM temp to 96.4 from 96.2 and actually sweated a few times after meals (dripping sweat w/o sweaty feet or palms). I wake less as night.

So, I'm asking for your input diet, exercise, supps (including idealabs stacks) and hacks.

Please!

Thanks

Sully

Hey Sully,

Many other people will probably chime in with great ideas.

Here would be a few thoughts from my 6 years:

1. The body will compound through repeated exposure of all your new implementations. In other words, hold course with your new plan for months and years.

2. Temperature and pulse are a great guide at the beginning to understand your metabolic rate. Especially until you get back to 98.6-99 and 84-90 bears per minute. For some people this part can happen sooner, for others it may take longer.

3. At the beginning it was very hard for me to back off my conventional exercise program 4-6 days a week because I use to eat based on appearance. However, once I finally backed off exercise almost completely, that’s where things really took off. Now I follow gymnastic bodies which involves an immense amount of stretching; each workout is only 10-15 minutes at a time.

4. Dialing in diet has had the most profound effect in my 6 years. When that slips, regardless of supplementation, I don’t feel right. The key components that have worked for me are:

ca:p ratio is 1:1 at a minimum - Kalona milk, parmigiano Reggiano cheese, organic ice cream

Eat sugar and minimize starch - orange juice, milk, ice cream, cane sugar

Eat gelatin and minimize meat - Great Lakes

Eat saturated fat and minimize PUFA - coconut oil, dark chocolate, butter, cheese, milk, ice cream

Eat digestive foods - Raw carrot, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, and coffee

Bubbly water quenches my thirst

Epsom salt baths - 1-7 days a week with 1-4 lbs in Luke warm water

Enjoy the process my friend and use this forum for support. Be easy on yourself especially if you come across points of confusion. Many people here go through their tough moments figuring it out. Again, do your best to enjoy the process.

D

danishispsychic

Detox queen here - I am certain I will get my usual eye rolls. I say clean out the gunk while changing your protocol . Do a Master Cleanse, ( even if you can only do a few days at a time , get a whole series of colonics, get your coffee game on ( coffee enemas and drinking coffee. ) Start tracking your glucose levels if you arent already. I agree on all of the above advice however , I do think that timing of meals is important, ( like not a lot of grazing ) - yes on Epsom Salt and I really think yoga is great mixed with most of Dr Peats recommendations. It not only seems to lower cortisol , but is really like bodyweight work and breath work and detox and stretching all in one. It really is the perfect body practice as long as you are taking it seriously and not thinking of it as a " work out " . Do level 1 and restorative at first. I would go easy on the coconut oil and tons of sugar. But thats just me. I love my sugar in my coffee and with meals. I am not an orange juice fan but lots on here are. I say work on cleaning out your liver and colon big time and then you will feel the effects of your new diet and lifestyle faster and wont be further gunking up your system. If you have fatty liver , and you add the Peat way of eating on top of it .... well.... it might get weird or at least it did for me. I had a way toxic liver from taking a whole huge round of meds for my knee - so when I started Peating my liver could not handle it. When I started doing a lot of detox work , it made a huge diff, especially with hormones. I am also a huge fan of all the testing you can get to have a baseline of your levels in general . Magnesium and Calcium o rama for your PTSD and I like a product from Source Naturals - B1 that has mag and succinate acid with it. It is a chill pill. I pulse dose Metformin but most on here will tell you that it is rat poison. It really works wonders on my blood sugar and has done some hormone balancing for me. I am a fan of it but again, Dr Peat doesnt like it. I also think that D3/Ks is really important in healthy doses.... I take a liquid that is from Amazon .. it helps a lot with PTSD and mood. Enjoy your journey and research like a mofo... it's fun! xx

Pdohlen

Good luck to you. Seems like you have started on the right track. Still, - a carrot a day keeps the doctor away....

I would personally also do some exercise, but not too exhaustive, some sit ups, push ups a couple of times a day. Do som walking. Got to activate muscles in order to induce your natural autophagy.

OP
S

Sullytex

Thank you all very much for your thoughtful and detailed replies!!

The VA offers hot yoga now so I will take advantage of it.

Thanks for the reminder of calcium/phosphate ratio!! Ice cream is easy lol!!!

I see a trend people taking carrots. I have to do that!!

Chill pill sounds awesome!!! Gonna do that asap!!!

Gymnastic Bodies sounds good. Bodyweight training too!

How important do yall think the bag breathing/c02 is???

And thanks again!!

Niacinamide

Will make you gain more fat. Stay away.

Drop all supplements.

Skim milk + date/sugarcane syrup diet only 3 months. Write down every change in your body all time. Don't dive into supplement that soon. Remember you were able to perform without them. 3 months of this regime will give you more info about your next steps.

Low fat fixed my ED.

Be aware wrong implementation of RP ideas already made a lot of people fat.

OP
S

Sullytex

Thanks for the info!! I'm fat enough!! About 100 lbs over my healthiest. So is aspirin ok at this level???

ddjd

you haven't got magnesium on your list. very important to get that right. take it with milk and taurine for extra absorption

OP
S

Sullytex

Milk and taurine helps absorption?? Awesome cuz sometimes it causes the squirts if I take too much!!!

D

danishispsychic

for veiny ugly old man legs, mag glycinate , vitamin C , gelatin/ collagen, serrapeptase, caffeine , dry brushing, cocoa butter. :)

OP
S

Sullytex

Nice!!! Thank you!!! Do you think the hair can grow back eventually???

OP
S

Sullytex

Question: Have any of you had major diarrhea after commencing zero fat/PUFA depletion? I have been on the dunny for 24 hours now. Major gas bloating and liquid bm.

Question: Have any of you had major diarrhea after commencing zero fat/PUFA depletion? I have been on the dunny for 24 hours now. Major gas bloating and liquid bm.
are you drinking milk?

OP
S

Sullytex

Sorry so late in reply. Yes, I am drinking skim milk also chocolate skim(love that stuff!).

Thanks!!!

tara

How important do yall think the bag breathing/c02 is???
If you have habits of chronic hyperventilation, I think it can make a big difference to address CO2. Good CO2 levels play a role in calming nerves, as well as important for circulation and general metabolism. You can try bag-breathing and see if you notice any improvement from it (I don't have that habit).
For me, the low-hanging fruit was:
  • Replacing mouth breathing with nasal at (nearly) all times (mechanic support at night).
  • Getting diaphragm moving instead of thorax for breathing at rest.
  • Practicing relaxed slow breathing.
  • Doing some controlled breathing while walking to get up a bit of air-hunger now and then.
There are threads about various methods people have tried.

Vins7

Will make you gain more fat. Stay away.

Drop all supplements.

Skim milk + date/sugarcane syrup diet only 3 months. Write down every change in your body all time. Don't dive into supplement that soon. Remember you were able to perform without them. 3 months of this regime will give you more info about your next steps.

Low fat fixed my ED.
What link could have dietary fat with ED?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom