Hi, and My Experience So Far

Hi, I'm a 51 year old guy from the UK. I've always considered myself health conscious but then I've also noticed that as soon as I relax the weight piles on. I've always dealt with it via calorie restriction and running (5 miles, 3 times per week), running never caused me any long or short term injury, helped me get rid of the extra weight and left me feeling good.

I must admit that I have been very impressed with Ray Peat's ideas and also with his willingness to not be indoctrinated, it must be so hard not to get indoctrinated in his profession. Anyway I have been adopting his ideas, cutting out PUFA's as much as possible, really upping the fructose (mainly via OJ), taking pregnenolone and small dose DHEA. Some of the 'Peat approved' supplements I was already taking and some I have dropped (Resveratrol and ALC spring to mind). I've also stopped the running and last week started to visit the gym for the first time in 13 years.

Results so far, weight gain (mid body fat),. much better sleep, and a general feeling that my hormones are kicking in. It's early days yet and so far a mixed bag for me. I'm looking forward to learning and sharing with you all.

tara

:welcome Winston

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals