Bone Health and Osteoporosis: An Orthomolecular Perspective

David PS

An nice review with hotlinks to support the information in the text.
To put these altogether, we recommend an integrated management of osteoporosis that includes at least the following:

1. Healthy lifestyle
    1. Sufficient exercise, outdoor activities, relaxation, and sleep.
    2. Nutrition rich anti-inflammatory healthy diets to include low carbohydrates, sufficient proteins and healthy fats; minimize processed foods and synthetic food additives, agricultural chemicals, antibiotics and hormones, and other environmental pollutants.
  2. Nutrition: In addition to adequate doses of vitamin C,D,E,K2, and magnesium supplements, macro- and micro-nutrients play a significant roles in the prevention and reversal of bone health and osteoporosis, as reviewed in [82]. Broad spectrum optimal vitamins and micronutrients, esp. vitamin C, D, K2, and magnesium, as these nutrients require each other for optimal effects, as described in [83].
  3. Toxins and detox. Environmental toxins are a major category of detrimental root causes to our health.
  4. Hormonal balance. Monitoring the status of the thyroid, adrenal and sex hormones and balance if indicated, is another under-recognized area in medicine today.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You’ve really been sharing some excellent content! I wonder why they mentioned low carb though? That one surprised me.

OP
David PS

David PS

Thanks. I do not follow low carb suggestions. I just breezed by that part of the review.

yerrag

Orthomolecular medicine, to me, seems stuck in the past. The name sounds nice and gives it cachet. But they have not moved past Linus Pauling's understanding of antioxidants, which primarily is antioxidants good oxidants bad.

We have, thru Ray, come to appreciate better the role of oxidants. For metabolism and energy. For destroying harmful microbes. For cellular signaling. This is in light of new developments that give us a better understanding of the role of oxidants. I believe this was in the late 70s or late 80s.

Still, when you read many health publications and podcasts, you realize how hard it is for the purveyors to sell a product without attaching the term 'antioxidant.'

It is hard to talk about oxidants without falling into the quagmire of explaining oxidants without the audience thinking you are out of your freaking mind.

In this instance, vitamin C is included for bone health, but what can you expect from orthomolecular medicine that is so joined to the hips with vitamin C.

So it with COVID, where vitamin C is almost always included in the protocol.

Not that vitamin C is useless, but it's almost like there is this adage at work where 'When in doubt, take Vitamin C' reigns supreme.

Even with lo-carb, orthomolecular medicine has become fossilized in its thinking.

OP
David PS

David PS

Orthomolecular medicine, to me, seems stuck in the past. The name sounds nice and gives it cachet. But they have not moved past Linus Pauling's understanding of antioxidants, which primarily is antioxidants good oxidants bad.

We have, thru Ray, come to appreciate better the role of oxidants. For metabolism and energy. For destroying harmful microbes. For cellular signaling. This is in light of new developments that give us a better understanding of the role of oxidants. I believe this was in the late 70s or late 80s.

Still, when you read many health publications and podcasts, you realize how hard it is for the purveyors to sell a product without attaching the term 'antioxidant.'

It is hard to talk about oxidants without falling into the quagmire of explaining oxidants without the audience thinking you are out of your freaking mind.

In this instance, vitamin C is included for bone health, but what can you expect from orthomolecular medicine that is so joined to the hips with vitamin C.

So it with COVID, where vitamin C is almost always included in the protocol.

Not that vitamin C is useless, but it's almost like there is this adage at work where 'When in doubt, take Vitamin C' reigns supreme.

Even with lo-carb, orthomolecular medicine has become fossilized in its thinking.
I agree with about them being stuck, At first glance, at first glance the article seems to be comprehensive but it far from it. The article and thread provides a starting point for tweaking. They forgot boron; the forum has a thread for that discusses boron and bone health.

OP
David PS

David PS

You’ve really been sharing some excellent content! I wonder why they mentioned low carb though? That one surprised me.
Keto diets are low carb but all low carb diets are not keto. This image helps to understand the difference.
1660850732932.png

See this thread.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Keto diets are low carb but all low carb diets are not keto. This image helps to understand the difference.
View attachment 40712
See this thread.
Thank you. I do understand the difference between low carb and keto I was just surprised that low carb was recommended.

OP
David PS

David PS

Thank you. I do understand the difference between low carb and keto I was just surprised that low carb was recommended.
The Paleo diet in the image is just below the low carb line. Paleo is much higher in protein than the other diets. Higher proten diets can increase bone weight

Blossom

Forum Supporter
The Paleo diet in the image is just below the low carb line. Paleo is much higher in protein than the other diets. Higher proten diets can increase bone weight
Makes sense. Many carnivores claim to have reversed osteoporosis due to the protein.

yerrag

I agree with about them being stuck, At first glance, at first glance the article seems to be comprehensive but it far from it. The article and thread provides a starting point for tweaking. They forgot boron; the forum has a thread for that discusses boron and bone health.
They provide a good starting point, definitely. We're always discovering new things to add aa well as to remove. That is how we progress.

Everything is incomplete and in flux. That is what we can definitely agree on. I just hope it never regresses even though there is a headwind going against us.

OP
David PS

David PS

From a different a different thread, Soren noted the positive effects that red light has on bone marrow.
A sufficiently powerful red light panel shined directly on certain parts of the body might do a very good job at stimulating stem cells and thus help repair the damage done by the vaccine.
How to use Targeted Red Light Therapy for a Full-Body Effect!
"Researchers have found that stimulating bone marrow can promote the production and circulation of stem cells! This can have a systemic beneficial effect for the entire body! Some of the best targets are the tibia, sternum, and forehead. [10]"

View attachment 40942

OP
David PS

David PS

Not all calcium is created equal. Eggshell calcium has been shown to be benefical for the bone mineral density (BMD) of the neck of the femoral head.

Positive effects of a chicken eggshell powder-enriched vitamin–mineral supplement on femoral neck bone mineral density in healthy late post-menopausal Dutch women
The present study indicates that healthy late post-menopausal women with an adequate Ca intake at baseline may increase BMD of the hip within 12 months following supplementation with the chicken eggshell powder-enriched supplement.

see also:

Last edited:
OP
David PS

David PS

1-s2.0-S1521694222000171-gr2_lrg.jpg

Maintaining a physically active lifestyle is not only protective from non-communicable diseases such as cardiovascular disease but it also has been shown to lessen the risk of fractures later in life, thereby making it an imperative modifiable factor for bone health, particularly as it also supports peak bone mass attainment during childhood/adolescence and can facilitate the maintenance of bone mass throughout adulthood [5]. Other key lifestyle factors that could be potentially modified to reduce the risk of osteoporosis or osteoporotic fractures later in life include smoking status, alcohol intake, and body composition [6]. Therefore, the principle aim of this review is to highlight the recent evidence pertaining to modifiable lifestyle factors that contribute to optimal bone health and the prevention of fragility fractures in later life.

OP
David PS

David PS

OP
David PS

David PS

Fresh off the press.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This is all great news @David PS! I’m doing eggshells, active lifestyle, lactoferrin and red light.

OP
David PS

David PS

OP
David PS

David PS

OP
David PS

David PS

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals