Blood Type O And Stomach Acid?

lvysaur

This is a claim I see from Dadamo, that type Os are "hunter gatherer" types, with higher stomach acid for digesting fat and animal protein.

Normally I would ignore this completely, but the distribution of O correlates extremely well with a late or non-arrival of the neolithic. These are indigenous populations at the time of columbian expansion, if that wasn't obvious.

To determine acid production, there is an easy experiment floating around the internet: Right upon waking, before doing anything else, dissolve 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda in 8 oz (240 mL, or a standard dixie cup) of water. Have a timer ready, drink the solution all at once, and start the timer right after you finish drinking. Stop the timer upon your first burp.

A lower time means higher stomach acid. If the people on this forum who know their blood type are willing, we could perform this experiment and see if there's any real substance to this claim. I still have to find out my blood type (not on my birth cert for some reason), but I will do it when I get ahold of it.

GutFeeling

I think that most gastritis are due to low hcl. I say this because I've seen a lot of people improve with betaine hcl. I improved mine with vitamins b, zinc, magnesium and betaine hcl, this was long before I met ray peat, it says bad thyroid cause low hcl. My blood type is B.
I did the test when I was sick, I used 5g of baking soda, no gas appeared in 4 minutes, after taking lemon juice i sifted in a few seconds. Avoid PUFA is what makes my stomach calm. Nowadays I think I'm far from hypochloridry, my temperature (in degrees celsius) usually is above 37.5, before reading ray peat was at 36.3 or 36.6, so i imagine that thyroid and general metabolism is in good condition.

This is a claim I see from Dadamo, that type Os are "hunter gatherer" types, with higher stomach acid for digesting fat and animal protein.

Normally I would ignore this completely, but the distribution of O correlates extremely well with a late or non-arrival of the neolithic. These are indigenous populations at the time of columbian expansion, if that wasn't obvious.

To determine acid production, there is an easy experiment floating around the internet: Right upon waking, before doing anything else, dissolve 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda in 8 oz (240 mL, or a standard dixie cup) of water. Have a timer ready, drink the solution all at once, and start the timer right after you finish drinking. Stop the timer upon your first burp.

A lower time means higher stomach acid. If the people on this forum who know their blood type are willing, we could perform this experiment and see if there's any real substance to this claim. I still have to find out my blood type (not on my birth cert for some reason), but I will do it when I get ahold of it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals