beta carotene

SamYo123

"Orange calluses on feet or hands indicate that you probably have enough vitamin A."

So I have orange palms and soles on my feet, am I doing my self harm by eating more vitamin A? such as milk, dairy etc, i do the carrot salad daily.. 1l OJ and a few satsumas,

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
Might depend on your ability to process carotenoids. The gene BCO1 is associated with the ability to process beta carotene. If you carry the T variant in some BC01 SNPs then you can be 1/3 to 2/3 deficient in conversion to Vitamin A.

So the question is, what does your body do with the excess carotenoids if you can't adequately perform the conversion? Could that be why you have orange callouses? Animal products contain the vitamin A, but carrots and satsumas contain the precursor, beta carotene, and of course many carotenes are orange.

OP
S

SamYo123

carrots and satsumas contain the precursor, beta carotene, and of course many carotenes are orange.
Right so I should be stopping those all orange foods then, I still find stress relief and energy gains from them, they can make me cold even when not 37degree temp

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
I am just suggesting a possibility. You might try reducing them for a trial period and see if it has any effect. I would guess it would take a few weeks. You might not want to eliminate them entirely as they have some benefits for you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals