Flaky, red skin, itchyness and poo pebble bowl movements

ivy

It looks like psoriasis. It's hard to differentiate skin symptoms, but the gut-skin correlation is there, from my experience. Your skin improvement could well have been from the zinc, which is a major component in reparative cremes (Avene Cicalfate, for instance). Funny that no one pointed out the connection between bowel movements and magnesium intake... Also, look into FODMAP and you'll have a much better notion of what (and the amounts in which) your gut might be reacting to: Low FODMAP Diet | IBS Research at Monash University - Monash Fodmap

Last edited:

Motif

It looks like psoriasis. It's hard to differentiate skin symptoms, but the gut-skin correlation is there, from my experience. Your skin improvement could well have been from the zinc, which is a major component in reparative cremes (Avene Cicalfate, for instance). Funny that no one pointed out the connection between bowel movements and magnesium intake... Also, look into FODMAP and you'll have a much better notion of what (and the amounts in which) your gut might be reacting to: Low FODMAP Diet | IBS Research at Monash University - Monash Fodmap
It looks like a pretty mild seborrhoic eczema.

doesn’t magnesium not just speed up transit time and not really improve digestion / absorption?

ivy

It looks like a pretty mild seborrhoic eczema.

doesn’t magnesium not just speed up transit time and not really improve digestion / absorption?
I'm not claiming to know the proper skin pathology, but again, a differential diagnosis is very hard. I've had psoriasis mistaken for a) candidiasis and b) lichen planus. A good friend of mine had severe scalp psoriasis mistaken for... seborrheic dermatitis.

As for magnesium, your wording wasn't entirely clear, but the first person I know to have taken magnesium - who was hypothyroid, for that matter - did so because of vocal issues. "Magnesium plays an essential role in neuronal and muscle excitability. Neurologic manifestations of hypomagnesemia can include generalized tonic‐clonic seizures and myoclonic activity." Since the bowels are smooth muscle, it's no wonder it favours motility. I mentioned FODMAP precisely because there are food particles that cannot be broken down and absorbed and no amount of supplements will solve that.

OP
S

SamYo123

nah defiently not psoriasis

OP
S

SamYo123

So every time I eat a whole carrot this redness reduces but it comes back when I consume any sources of carbs / sugar

Clearly the sugar is feeding the bacteria and the carrot is killing it...

I noticed when I went for a 3 hour cycle the redness also nearly disappeared. .. @Hans

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom