Best training tip

Hans

Forum Supporter
Haaaa, hei the pig skin is good ???
Most likely, but only if the pigs are raised on a low PUFA diet. According to cronometer, 100g pork skin has 35g fat and 4g PUFA. But it also has 56g protein and 10g glycine which is awesome.

OccamzRazer

I should have specified that I only program that lift that I would like to get stronger in, in advance like that. When it comes to hypertrophy, it doesn't really matter much, given that you listen to your body.
Ah, that seems more doable then. So you basically periodize/structure your goal lifts the most. That makes sense. Thanks!

Uselis

Hey man,
I haven't seen one where they compare the two, but I know that endurance athletes consume lots of sugar/honey/fruit as a source of energy. When you look at keto vs normal diet for building muscle, keto is only slightly inferior (at least in the short term; it could be worse in the long term). So if that large of a difference in carb intake doesn't matter a whole lot, then I certainly don't think that the difference in carb will make a difference at all. But there are lots of interindividual differences ofc, whereas some people might experience better results with starches, but that's also just n=1.

I do however think that if you crave starches, then your body is clearly telling you something. I also think that people tend to crave starches more in colder environments. If you get negative symptoms, then you might have either leaky gut, an oversensitive immune system or some kind of bacteria that loves to feed on starches, thus causing a negative reaction.

I've started eating some starches lately (last 8-9 days or so) with lots of tripe, and this time I tolerate it a lot better. Before I got skin issue, my nose clogged up, my vision deteriorated, and not I don't get any of those symptoms. I truly think it's the massive amount of tripe that I'm eating that is helping me tolerate it better.
Thanks for answer!

I can maintain my energy levels with fruit, sucrose and milk throughout day but evening come I start experiencing cravings.

Would you know perhaps how much starch needed to replenish muscle glycogen after several hours of intense work? I was thinking perhaps 3-4 medium sized potatoes enough with protein of course and more fruits. I am looking for minimum amount that does job done.

Thanks again for taking your time to contribute so much to this forum!

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks for answer!

I can maintain my energy levels with fruit, sucrose and milk throughout day but evening come I start experiencing cravings.

Would you know perhaps how much starch needed to replenish muscle glycogen after several hours of intense work? I was thinking perhaps 3-4 medium sized potatoes enough with protein of course and more fruits. I am looking for minimum amount that does job done.

Thanks again for taking your time to contribute so much to this forum!
If you keep in mind that starches are not better at replenishing glycogen than fruit, then I'd say you're craving starches for other reasons than glycogen synthesis.

I've experienced craving starches as well despite having full glycogen stores, I don't really know why. In my experience it was not salt related.

I'd say eat your starches to taste if you crave it. Perhaps you can try corn tortillas and see how you digest those.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Nice!! I see youre including starches once again, even green beans, looks tasty
Yeah I experimented with it now that it's winter (trying season eating since I'm craving it somewhat). Also, with the high amounts of collagen, I'm tolerating a lot better. Not getting the negatives I did in the past.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals