Best sources of carbonation? Have you noticed more carbonation in restaurant soda?

Dr. B

If you’re getting soda in general the safest option seems to be Maine root brand soda. They use organic cane sugar and “pure water” not purified water, not sure if their water is filtered or regular. But theres no filler ingredients.

There are also some organic selfzer brands which use filtered water some even reverse osmosis water.

Otherwise with regular sodas it seems root beer is the safest. Usually has no filler ingredients, and doesn’t have phosphoric acid like coke or citric acid of others. It doesnt mess with teeth much.

Root beer also has something called qualia root extract which i havent looked into much.

Do you know if root beer or fanta from some place like McDonalds would have different ingredients than the bottled root beer or fanta at the store?

Regarding carbonation, the sodas from places like McDonalds, movie theaters etc are extremely carbonated. The carbonation is so strong that you can’t chug the soda, if you keep drinking the soda, after 5 seconds or so you have to stop because your mouth starts burning from the carbonation. Im guessing its because of the machines these places use to carbonate their drinks. The bottled and canned sodas don’t have this level of carbonation, maybe it leaks out from the containers over time.

Inaut

Always been a big fan of root beer. Need to look in to it more now that I’ve read your post 👍.

Ancient root beer was known as gruet, a healthful nutritive. It’s a shame it was suppressed (like all other good things I suppose).

Jennifer

Do you know if root beer or fanta from some place like McDonalds would have different ingredients than the bottled root beer or fanta at the store?

They don’t have root beer listed on the McDonalds menu, but they do have Fanta:

Fanta Orange​

Ingredients: Carbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Potassium Benzoate (to Protect Taste), Natural Flavors, Modified Food Starch, Glycerol Ester Of Rosin, Yellow 6, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Red 40.

This is the full list of beverages:

HeyThere

Carbonation and syrup ratios are adjusted by the soda company itself, but a lot of fast food places adjust them to save money.

Every McD's soda I've ever had has been close to flat. Hate their sodas with a passion. You want carbonation? Get Mexican sparkling water. Insane!

OP
D

Dr. B

Carbonation and syrup ratios are adjusted by the soda company itself, but a lot of fast food places adjust them to save money.

Every McD's soda I've ever had has been close to flat. Hate their sodas with a passion. You want carbonation? Get Mexican sparkling water. Insane!
Interesting here, the plastic soda bottles are always coming in flat like it leaks through over time. Cans have a bit more carbonation. Glass bottles are also coming in flat. With the mcdonalds soda it has insane carbonation to where its painful to drink. Does more carbonation create more bubbles and volume? So they have an incentive to put more carbonation to save on costs?

I havent tried Mexican water but the Jarritos sodas, whether glass or plastic bottle didnt have proper carbonation. I think the carbonation leaks out over time when the products sit in stores.

HeyThere

Interesting here, the plastic soda bottles are always coming in flat like it leaks through over time. Cans have a bit more carbonation. Glass bottles are also coming in flat. With the mcdonalds soda it has insane carbonation to where its painful to drink. Does more carbonation create more bubbles and volume? So they have an incentive to put more carbonation to save on costs?

I havent tried Mexican water but the Jarritos sodas, whether glass or plastic bottle didnt have proper carbonation. I think the carbonation leaks out over time when the products sit in stores.

No, they put less syrup (watery tasting) and less carbonation (flat) to save money.

OP
D

Dr. B

No, they put less syrup (watery tasting) and less carbonation (flat) to save money.
If carbonation creates bubbles they could have incentive to use more so that they need less liquid/syrup?

Shake shack and cava both claim to filter their water, shake shack claims its “triple filtered” im not sure what kind of filtering is done.

Cava uses maine root brand soda which has good ingredients, no fillers and only things like organic cane sugar, natural flavors or spices.
I havent tried their soda machines to see if they also have the excess carbonation. But it does seem most of these in store carbonated products are losing carbonation over time especially things in bottles

Always been a big fan of root beer. Need to look in to it more now that I’ve read your post 👍.

Ancient root beer was known as gruet, a healthful nutritive. It’s a shame it was suppressed (like all other good things I suppose).

I haven’t looked into qualia root extract, not sure if its good but its in many root beers.

HeyThere

If carbonation creates bubbles they could have incentive to use more so that they need less liquid/syrup?

Shake shack and cava both claim to filter their water, shake shack claims its “triple filtered” im not sure what kind of filtering is done.

Cava uses maine root brand soda which has good ingredients, no fillers and only things like organic cane sugar, natural flavors or spices.
I havent tried their soda machines to see if they also have the excess carbonation. But it does seem most of these in store carbonated products are losing carbonation over time especially things in bottles

I haven’t looked into qualia root extract, not sure if its good but its in many root beers.

Carbonation containers are expensive.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals