Bag Breathing (revisited)

“Carbon dioxide is the driving force in the salt gland. The constant formation of CO2, and its loss into the air, allows a high concentration of salt to be excreted. Blocking the interchange of CO2 and carbonic acid, with acetazolamide, or inhibiting the formation of CO2, prevents the excretion of salt.” -Ray Peat

xeliex

Forum Supporter
“Carbon dioxide is the driving force in the salt gland. The constant formation of CO2, and its loss into the air, allows a high concentration of salt to be excreted. Blocking the interchange of CO2 and carbonic acid, with acetazolamide, or inhibiting the formation of CO2, prevents the excretion of salt.” -Ray Peat
Not sure what to make out of this, R&Re.

there are a number of studies showing that people who cover themselves with sheets at night get dementia quicker.

I think having higher CO2 via bag breathing is a good idea as it's temporary. Wearing a mask that promotes high CO2 all the time is probably like the sheets. But wearers of masks are already a bit demented anyway.

there are a number of studies showing that people who cover themselves with sheets at night get dementia quicker.

I think having higher CO2 via bag breathing is a good idea as it's temporary. Wearing a mask that promotes high CO2 all the time is probably like the sheets. But wearers of masks are already a bit demented anyway.
I totally agree! Sleeping under a blanket is starving the the brain of oxygen, like this mask wearing all day long. I wonder if that was part of the plan, to starve the brains so they don’t remember common sense and just get a little slower in their thinking? I never thought of any of this until your post.

OP
O

OliviaD

LOL I sure think so! And just another example of how 'quantity' matters... a little CO2 breathing is a good thing... but too much .. not so. Even drinking too much water can kill you :)

LOL I sure think so! And just another example of how 'quantity' matters... a little CO2 breathing is a good thing... but too much .. not so. Even drinking too much water can kill you :)
A girl that I worked with went to the emergency room with kidney failure from drinking too much water. That saying that you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink makes me think horses are pretty intelligent.

OP
O

OliviaD

A girl that I worked with went to the emergency room with kidney failure from drinking too much water. That saying that you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink makes me think horses are pretty intelligent.
Yes! And what a great point! No animal would drink water b/c it 'should', or is trying to drink a specific about , OR especially if it isn't thirsty! Long before I had any proof, I always thought this water pushing was hogwash! Even the 'majority of the ' alternative health' types are still obsessed with this water drinking as a cure for everything when IMO thirst is the best indicator of how much a person needs to drink. Ray Peat was the first and only person I think truly understands how the bowel functions and explained so clearly why drinking water will not fix constipation, in fact more beyond what someone needs will just make it worse! Yet that is the advice of every GI doc I've ever seen (and the suggestion that is the cause of issues).

OP
O

OliviaD

I totally agree! Sleeping under a blanket is starving the the brain of oxygen, like this mask wearing all day long. I wonder if that was part of the plan, to starve the brains so they don’t remember common sense and just get a little slower in their thinking? I never thought of any of this until your post.
Oh - I believe it. Maybe all of the evil doers did not have that intent initially, but I think some very nice 'secondary gains' were eventually realized. I think initially the mask nonsense was part of the psy-op, to see if the masses on a global scale would comply with something utterly ridiculous, and if so; they could roll out the mass injection without a hitch. I was scary how easy it was. I think they contribute to people being sick, as well as having long term detrimental effects, which are well known. The lack of learning language and social skills in young children is huge, not learning empathy from facial expressions. Just the difficulty the cognitively impaired, the deaf, have without being able to see facial expression and lips. Even dogs rely on facial expression. My poor old dog barked at Covidian relatives who came to visit last year with their masks on. He didn't understand! I think they can even be more deadly in the vulnerable elderly with respiratory or cardiac issues. I remember sitting in a waiting area for the lab at the hospital last year with my mother , and there was an overweight elderly man struggling with his walker to get to a chair. He was moving at about a couple feet per minute and perspiring heavily and had his required mask pulled down so he could be some air. He sat down and some young Stepford Wife nurse came over and scolded him about his mask , ordering him to pull it up. I thought: 'great way to kill the guy'.

One of the reasons I was dead set against my mom going to any "rehab center' was that she was going to have to go to physical therapy in a mask. She was in kidney failure and heart failure. I told them, the only way she has to excrete her carbon waste is via the lungs since her kidneys aren't working so I think impairing that is medically contraindicated.. and they just looked at me with those vacant stares.... and chimed "It is the protocol". Nothing going on in between the ears. And, they are wearing those masks 8,10, 12 hours a day.. Good reason to avoid hospitals or medical facilities b/c you know anyone working there has some degree of impairment .

Yes! And what a great point! No animal would drink water b/c it 'should', or is trying to drink a specific about , OR especially if it isn't thirsty! Long before I had any proof, I always thought this water pushing was hogwash! Even the 'majority of the ' alternative health' types are still obsessed with this water drinking as a cure for everything when IMO thirst is the best indicator of how much a person needs to drink. Ray Peat was the first and only person I think truly understands how the bowel functions and explained so clearly why drinking water will not fix constipation, in fact more beyond what someone needs will just make it worse! Yet that is the advice of every GI doc I've ever seen (and the suggestion that is the cause of issues).
I know right?! People all around me are surprised when I say I rarely drink water except some in at night. Waiters will say they are bringing me water and I say no thanks. So people will try to school me to drink water. Why flush all my nutrients out, if I am not adding any back in?

Oh - I believe it. Maybe all of the evil doers did not have that intent initially, but I think some very nice 'secondary gains' were eventually realized. I think initially the mask nonsense was part of the psy-op, to see if the masses on a global scale would comply with something utterly ridiculous, and if so; they could roll out the mass injection without a hitch. I was scary how easy it was. I think they contribute to people being sick, as well as having long term detrimental effects, which are well known. The lack of learning language and social skills in young children is huge, not learning empathy from facial expressions. Just the difficulty the cognitively impaired, the deaf, have without being able to see facial expression and lips. Even dogs rely on facial expression. My poor old dog barked at Covidian relatives who came to visit last year with their masks on. He didn't understand! I think they can even be more deadly in the vulnerable elderly with respiratory or cardiac issues. I remember sitting in a waiting area for the lab at the hospital last year with my mother , and there was an overweight elderly man struggling with his walker to get to a chair. He was moving at about a couple feet per minute and perspiring heavily and had his required mask pulled down so he could be some air. He sat down and some young Stepford Wife nurse came over and scolded him about his mask , ordering him to pull it up. I thought: 'great way to kill the guy'.

One of the reasons I was dead set against my mom going to any "rehab center' was that she was going to have to go to physical therapy in a mask. She was in kidney failure and heart failure. I told them, the only way she has to excrete her carbon waste is via the lungs since her kidneys aren't working so I think impairing that is medically contraindicated.. and they just looked at me with those vacant stares.... and chimed "It is the protocol". Nothing going on in between the ears. And, they are wearing those masks 8,10, 12 hours a day.. Good reason to avoid hospitals or medical facilities b/c you know anyone working there has some degree of impairment .
Gosh your poor mom. I hadn’t realized those masks could be that detrimental to people with impaired kidneys. I just stayed home most of last year and all of the year before. I just couldn’t stand to look at it all, it was freaky. I couldn’t wear the mask at all, because they made me claustrophobic and aggravating me, so I would rather stay home than put up with that nonsense. My nurse friend works sometimes 16 hour shifts with a mask on and a shield over it!

, not learning empathy from facial expressions. Just the difficulty the cognitively impaired, the deaf, have without being able to see facial expression and lips. Even dogs rely on facial expression. My poor old dog barked at Covidian relatives who came to visit last year with their masks on. He didn't understand!
“Covidians”, all that you said here reminded me of aliens.

Advocate2021

When bag breathing, is it only supposed to be through the nose in and out with mouth closed? Or in the nostrils and out the mouth. I think for me strict nostril breathing is better but wanted input on this. i feel that if i have my mouth open it effects my sinuses and wondering if bacteria from the mouth gets into them if the mouth is open?

When bag breathing, is it only supposed to be through the nose in and out with mouth closed? Or in the nostrils and out the mouth. I think for me strict nostril breathing is better but wanted input on this. i feel that if i have my mouth open it effects my sinuses and wondering if bacteria from the mouth gets into them if the mouth is open?
I do only bag breathing from the mouth because of your bacteria in the nose worry, that is what I was thinking too.

Advocate2021

I do only bag breathing from the mouth because of your bacteria in the nose worry, that is what I was thinking too.
Really? Just in and out through mouth? I thought the opposite to keep the mouth closed and just do nostril breathing in and out how do you stop it from going in your nose if you can't hold your hand inside the bag with pinching your nose how does it not go through your nose if your nose is not pinched

Really? Just in and out through mouth? I thought the opposite to keep the mouth closed and just do nostril breathing in and out how do you stop it from going in your nose if you can't hold your hand inside the bag with pinching your nose how does it not go through your nose if your nose is not pinched
I just doesn’t feel like it does. I do feel when I do it this way that it clears my sinuses when I don’t even realize there is any stuffiness. Now that we are bringing this more to my attention I think I will just not put my nose in the bag at all.

Infinite

I used the brown lunch bags for a bit as well. I used to need them more to calm down a panicky feeling. Thankfully I haven't had much of those since I started thyroid (off and on).

Now when I feel stressed, I bad breathe in small organic cotton bags from etsy. They are washable but I rarely use them so germs are not a concern. Moreover, I nose breath still when I bag breathe. I just feel awfully wrong if I mouth breath, even in a bag.

A while ago, I tried the bottle method that I think Haidut had mentioned and it was fun and good, but I adjusted it to allow nose breathing by attacking a medical cup to its mouth.

My intuition seems to point in the direction that CO2 rebreathing is a quick solution for everything.
Did you get your thyroid tested? Or have you been supplementing based on how you feel? I did t4/t3 for a bit and had all my anxiety disappear but it started to make me feel lethargic after a couple of weeks.

On topic: Bag breathing helps me a lot to get to sleep. I do 8 breaths in the bag and then breath normally for around 10-20 seconds. I repeat until I feel tired.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals