Are You Suffering Hay Fever? What Are You Doing For It?

Mauritio

Mauritio

Tetracycline may work . I suspect even in low doses (doxy :20-40mg) ,since the antibiotic activity is NOT needed .

"minocycline or doxycycline treatment of allergic asthmatic humans significantly improves their asthma symptoms, reduces their oral steroid requirements, and strongly suppresses their ongoing IgE responses (ELISA, mast cell mediated cutaneous late phase responses); the tetracyclines also strongly suppress peak IgE responses of BPO-KLH sensitized mice (ELISPOT assay, ELISA, skin tests). The antibiotic activity of the tetracyclines is not required for suppression of IgE responses; "

"Here, we reported that treatment with doxycycline significantly reduced IgE release from mouse B cells and the degranulation and inflammatory cytokines production of mouse mast cells (MCs) activated by IgE-dependent way. Furthermore, doxycycline treatment significantly inhibited histamine-induced vascular hyperpermeability in vitro."

Last edited:

Andman

Tetracycline may work . I suspect even in low doses (doxy :20-40mg) ,since the antibiotic activity is NOT needed .

"minocycline or doxycycline treatment of allergic asthmatic humans significantly improves their asthma symptoms, reduces their oral steroid requirements, and strongly suppresses their ongoing IgE responses (ELISA, mast cell mediated cutaneous late phase responses); the tetracyclines also strongly suppress peak IgE responses of BPO-KLH sensitized mice (ELISPOT assay, ELISA, skin tests). The antibiotic activity of the tetracyclines is not required for suppression of IgE responses; "

"Here, we reported that treatment with doxycycline significantly reduced IgE release from mouse B cells and the degranulation and inflammatory cytokines production of mouse mast cells (MCs) activated by IgE-dependent way. Furthermore, doxycycline treatment significantly inhibited histamine-induced vascular hyperpermeability in vitro."

giving this a try right now with 25-30mg doxycyxline/day..so far no effects, my grass pollen allergy has been quasi gone last few years but has returned a few days ago with a vengeance ;(

DMF

Try munching on Milk Thistle Seeds - they help clean out/detoxify the liver - the organ most associated with histamine levels.
'Lots of info on the web -

Last edited:

Mauritio

giving this a try right now with 25-30mg doxycyxline/day..so far no effects, my grass pollen allergy has been quasi gone last few years but has returned a few days ago with a vengeance ;(
To me doxy did help.
What also helped is policosanol and vitamin a .

Birdie

To me doxy did help.
What also helped is policosanol and vitamin a .
Are you using low dose doxy? I use 50mg three times a week for fibromyalgia. But, I'm super congested this year. How much vitamin A are you using? Are you using it in the ratio of 5:1 (vitamin D to vitamin A).. or using more? I have to look up policosanol, but wonder if Ray has shown it to be safe or what.

Birdie

Aspirin helped me this year.
How much? My husband takes 2 regular ones a day and I take only one. Doesn't seem to help us, but maybe it would be a lot worse without it. I show signs of bleeding when taking aspirin. Even one 325 mg tablet does it.

Birdie

Every year I get it for about 6 weeks starting now. I'm in the Northern Hemisphere so this is spring.

I have tried lots of things but what works and is adequate is benedryl.

Either way, with the hay fever, I get a tired feeling and feel like I have a cold. I sleep more.

With the benedryl, I am a little tired, but I don't feel as sick, and I don't just sneeze and sneeze and sneeze which is what happens without it.

I have tried bee pollen, theanine, quercetin and many other things, plus the "new" antihistamines (which I no longer take and don't believe are safe). The benedryl is the only thing that actually works. I am taking about 2 per day.
Benadryl gives me rapid heart beat unfortunately. I've been using 1/2 tab at night and that seems all I can handle. Too bad.

PaRa

just lowering body histamine lvl :

more copper, high dose vit C, high dose vit E, calcium, high methionine intake
coffee will mask symptoms too
so a peaty diet (wich nukes histamine, for the good, and the bad)

Birdie

I mega dose vitamin c. 5-6000mg per day until i reach saturation. I know when i reach that point because my bowels tell me and i need to sit on the tiolet fir a few hours (In order to clear the colon for a colonoscopy the patient is given a mega dose of ascorbic acid).

I then stop taking the vitamin c for a day or two and then i use a maintenance dose of 1000-2000 a day.

This has proven very, very effective for me.
I don't want any more lead though. I used vitamin C a lot before reading Ray Peat's research on it.

Birdie

I don't mind masking symptoms ! The coffee is interesting and peaty. I have to stop with the caffeine around 2 pm though. Could do more decaf after 2 and more caffeine before 2.

Only just realised this today, but no..which is really odd because i am usually due a sneezing frenzy to the point my face, nose and eyes turn into swollen beetroots.... Touching on allergies and intolerances actually, it seems i have somehow cured myself of a lactose intolerance, dust allergy, and now hayfever. I've been scratching my head all day trying to decipher exactly what i have done differently the last 10months that could of caused this to happen but i am at a loss. I did experiment with raw milk kefir for a couple of months, so it could be related to probiotic bacteria i guess. Days kind of just drift one to the other so i don't really pay attention to these things until i am made aware of em hence the obliviousness to the current state of my ailments. Crazy to think just last year all 3 of those would stop me in my tracks..now to just cure myself of migraines, tinnitus and hyperacusis and i'll be a pretty happy chappy(within reason..)!

PaRa

I don't mind masking symptoms ! The coffee is interesting and peaty. I have to stop with the caffeine around 2 pm though. Could do more decaf after 2 and more caffeine before 2.
Well don’t agress me like that, I think you don’t understand what I said

I said coffee masks the symptoms

But what I mentioned just before will reduce histamine hence solving the issue

as for the caffeine, yes as you’re high histamine, caffeine is too stimulating for you

high histamine individuals don’t need coffee or even thyroid
Histamine keeps you awake, alert and high metabolism
And thyroid raises histamine signaling
With peaty diet you have no histamine AND high opioids consumption hence high doses caffeine and thyroid supp to balance that sedating diet

Last edited:

Birdie

In case it helps anybody, I had gone back to whole milk a couple of months ago to avoid the stuff they use to disperse the added vitamins in low fat milk. Now that I look back, my hay fever got way worse with the whole milk. A week ago, I remembered my former (childhood) use of non-fat milk to lessen my hay fever symptoms. So, I switched back to low fat milk.

So, now, my symptoms are much better. Not good enough, but no longer awakening feeling I'm choking. Big improvement. I don't feel I could stand to use non-fat again though. Any my brand doesn't carry it anyway where I shop.

Still hope to learn more here. Thank you everyone who replied.

Birdie

Well don’t agress me like that, I think you don’t understand what I said

I said coffee masks the symptoms

But what I mentioned just before will reduce histamine hence solving the issue

as for the caffeine, yes as you’re high histamine, caffeine is too stimulating for you

high histamine individuals don’t need coffee or even thyroid
Histamine keeps you awake, alert and high metabolism
And thyroid raises histamine signaling
With peaty diet you have no histamine AND high opioids consumption hence high doses caffeine and thyroid supp to balance that sedating diet
Thanks for replying. Will consider all you mentioned. I use LDN and that blocks opioids. Yes, long term use of thyroid here.

Last edited:

Birdie

The high dose vitamin E is a problem. I used high doses of vitamin E before the changes in production. For the past couple of years I cut back. Could fit in with the hay fever problems we're having. That and the vitamin C production making some of us doubt there is a safe source anymore.

PaRa

Just go with Whole Foods vitamin C supp like acerola
Moreover, vitamin C as only ascorbic acid will just makes histamine higher as it will lowers your copper
Copper is needed to deactivate histamine

Mauritio

Are you using low dose doxy? I use 50mg three times a week for fibromyalgia. But, I'm super congested this year. How much vitamin A are you using? Are you using it in the ratio of 5:1 (vitamin D to vitamin A).. or using more? I have to look up policosanol, but wonder if Ray has shown it to be safe or what.
I have 25-100mg but don't want take it continuously.
I'm just using one drop orally after food .
Vitamin e succinate also helps a little.
I haven't found anything that helps a lot .

Last edited:

Mauritio

A good friend of mine told me that, she completely got rid of her hay fever and cat allergies by 3 months of taking symbioflor .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals