Any Plant Based Eaters Here? Share Your Story!

CDT

Loving the plant based lifestyle. Was wondering if others have interesting, unusual diet things that they use for optimal health. I started using duckweed as it has natural plant source of B12 and am enjoying a lot of sprouted legumes. What do yall do? Thanks in advance!

michael94

I have been cooking potato slices in the microwave and much prefer that over boiling. It takes some experimentation to get right without overcooking them but they seem to dehydrate and gelatinise in a way thats really tasty, at least for small quantities. I get the coconut milk ( non-refrigerated) from whole foods as it doesnt have any carageenan ( does have gums though ) and uses calcium carbonate over calcium phosphate thats in a lot of alternative "milks. Practicing making tamales from nixtamal. Typically tamales are made using lard but I get a good deal on coconut oil at Food4less and use that instead, along with some rehydrated and blended chiles for flavor. The "follow your heart" pepper jack fake cheese is some of the best stuff I have ever tasted. Kind of overpriced but its made with coconut oil and very delicious.

Tarmander

I have been sometimes more and sometimes less plant based over time. Only eating meat once a day at this point

I think it can work if you avoid the beta carotene high foods...sweet potatoes, lots of carrot juice, etc

OP
C

CDT

What's wrong with carotene? There is an immunologist from MIT who mentioned that carotene are very impotent for immunity and effectively shield one from pathogenic attacks!

I think beta carotene has only been shown to be detrimental to health in interventional studies where they supplemented with artificial forms of it.

shouldn’t be a big deal if whole food based

6 months of plant based diet ****88 me forever in 2008. I'm not even sure I will ever recover. 12 years of nightmare. I wish I never read those books, especially Herbert Shelton. I was young and naive to follow such dangerous sectarian bull****. I wish I never read and never followed Shelton.

Duckweed you say? In 2008 they used to say seaweed has B12. I'm still fighting with neurological problems caused by B12 deficiency I developed eating "B12 rich seaweed". I developed megaloblastic anemia too.

The only source of B12 in plant based diet is B12 injection.

I was dying because of that "healthy diet" of cereals, nuts, veggies, legumes, fruits regular fasting. When they got me injected for the first time with B12 I peed that cyanocobalamin unchanged in next hours, it has cherry color, my urine was that cherry color. My doc said my body almost lost ability to store B12 and it left unchanged.

Last edited:

Korven

6 months of plant based diet ****88 me forever in 2008. I'm not even sure I will ever recover. 12 years of nightmare. I wish I never read those books, especially Herbert Shelton. I was young and naive to follow such dangerous sectarian bull****. I wish I never read and never followed Shelton.

Duckweed you say? In 2008 they used to say seaweed has B12. I'm still fighting with neurological problems caused by B12 deficiency I developed eating "B12 rich seaweed". I developed megaloblastic anemia too.

I was dying because of that "healthy diet" of cereals, nuts, veggies, legumes, fruits regular fasting. When they got me injected for the first time with B12 I peed that cyanocobalamin unchanged in next hours, it has cherry color, my urine was that cherry color. My doc said my body almost lost ability to store B12 and it left unchanged.

Damn that sucks man, have you been able to reverse any of the damage done by eating plant-based?

I've had similar experiences with coming off of a vegan diet (which was pretty peaty with no vegetable oil, fruits, tubers, well cooked legumes, greens, oatmeal etc). Had to stop after 3 years because I was degenerating at such a fast pace.

Because I don't seem to learn from my mistakes I went back to eating predominantly plant-based last year to try and solve my health issues. Of course nothing got better and when I got blood work done I had developed a severe B12 deficiency + iron deficiency, and my total cholesterol was completely tanked 80 mg/dL (vegans call this being "heart attack proof lol". No wonder I was having infections all the time with my cholesterol at near death levels.

I used to believe that different people can probably thrive on different diets and that plant-based may work for some, but now I'm starting to think that plant-based eating is a serious health hazard that will cause permanent damage in the long-term. If you observe long-term vegans they all have this washed out appearance with hollow eye sockets... how can that be a healthy diet?

6 months of plant based diet ****88 me forever
6 months of plant-based messed with me too a few years ago! John McDougall style. I ate A LOT of whole grains and legumes (force-fed them Durianrider style, wasn't yet so well in tune with my body haha) WITHOUT soaking them. And maybe not cooking long enough. The McDougall thing destroyed my teeth. I never eat them unsoaked anymore. Not even once. Teeth start to hurt + farting and constipation. I used to have the worst constipation back in my first go at plant-based days.

But the grains and legumes (low-fat seeds) properly prepared are great with me nowadays. I think back in the McDougall days (around 2013) I had already something like candida problems from low-carb, high-fat dieting. My teeth also had already started to loose color on the low-carb (I followed a sort of Dave Asprey regimen). This got rapidly worse on the McDougall. Also had ED, bad brain fog and all sorts of problems back in those days.

Over the years after that I've thought about a Peaty way of doing the plant-based. Something about it has always felt like I really vibe with it. But I was terrified to try it. I was afraid of even eating 1 vegan meal at one point.

But after all I did find a way of doing it. Have been doing it for over a year (few social exceptions) and I love it. :happy: I love the food. A carefully made lentil stew is incredible. I'm not saying a good steak is bad but I like the lentil stew more.

I have the best mental clarity I ever had, the most positive mood, the hardest :speaknoevil:, and I go number 2 at least once a day, every morning like clockwork. Used to have a lot of problems with all these all my life.

Plant based isn’t bad at all when starches are kept low, fruits are the primary source of calories, clean seafood and yolks are in, plant toxins are avoided or thoroughly prepped up and broken down

vegans are stupid with their blind hatred of all animal foods, saturated fat and cholesterol. On par with the anti sugar bollocks crowd

OP
C

CDT

Jesus, man. Did you get any other blood test markers? If you developed anemia, I honestly have to ask what the hell you were doing. Plant based iron is in overabundance if you do it the right way. In fact, there isnt a wrong way unless you aren't eating plants at all, and crashing on crap food. Even processed plant foods have bioavailable iron and supplemented iron added to it, like bread, lol. You were PEEING B12? I'm curious if you have issues with B12 now, as a meat eater, and people who eat a lot of meat throughout their life should definitely reconsider plant based diets out of the blue, because it takes years to adapt to that, I would imagine.

Strange how 6 months of the diet caused you to

1. Pee B12
2. Develop Megaloblastic Anemia
3. Give you tragedy for 12 years, after
4. Die, apparently.

With all due respect, I think you have general health issues that you were trying to fix with a plant based diet and it didnt fix the problem so you switched back

If I may ask, what are you eating now, assuming that your health is in check?

Last edited:
Plant iron is poorly absorbed. Even heme iron isn’t rocketing up iron stores as I’ve seen in myself.

I used to chat with a guy who used freakin androgenic steroids and YET became anemic on like testosterone trestolone and whatnot. Very annoying vegan advocate. Got a full blown lymphoma at 25yo with no family history. Couldn’t squat 300lbs. Weakest lifter on juice I’ve ever seen. Beard alopecia. White hairs. Started supplementing iron of course. With zinc. With Dha “from algae”. With “essential” aminos. With B12. With creatine. With taurine.

steak from grass finished beef is always the answer instead of popping 153783 pills but you think they care? Besides, sustainable farming, on top of being neutral environmentally, kills way less animals and wildlife (restores it, in fact) compared to monocrops which makes it more ethical than vegan nonsense lol. 2 cows feed me for 12 months. How many animals vegans have never heard of get killed for their precious 250kcal avocados?

I understand skepticism towards carnivorism because, duh liver glycogen duh vitamin C, but veganism is far, far worse for health. It’s a massive and very unfortunate joke. Kinda sad.

Last edited:
Jesus, man. Did you get any other blood test markers? If you developed anemia, I honestly have to ask what the hell you were doing. Plant based iron is in overabundance if you do it the right way. In fact, there isnt a wrong way unless you aren't eating plants at all, and crashing on crap food. Even processed plant foods have bioavailable iron and supplemented iron added to it, like bread, lol. You were PEEING B12? I'm curious if you have issues with B12 now, as a meat eater, and people who eat a lot of meat throughout their life should definitely reconsider plant based diets out of the blue, because it takes years to adapt to that, I would imagine.

Megaloblastic anemia is B12 deficient anemia. Google. I had lots of blood test. You behave like standart Plant based/vegan advocate without even knowing what megaloblastic anemia is you start to preach about high in iron plant food. And yes I ate clean, whole food diet, with lots of fruits and veggies daily.

OP
C

CDT

Plant iron is poorly absorbed. Even heme iron isn’t rocketing up iron stores as I’ve seen in myself.

I used to chat with a guy who used freakin androgenic steroids and YET became anemic on like testosterone trestolone and whatnot. Very annoying vegan advocate. Got a full blown lymphoma at 25yo with no family history. Couldn’t squat 300lbs. Weakest lifter on juice I’ve ever seen. Beard alopecia. White hairs. Started supplementing iron of course. With zinc. With Dha “from algae”. With “essential” aminos. With B12. With creatine. With taurine.

steak from grass finished beef is always the answer instead of popping 153783 pills but you think they care? Besides, sustainable farming, on top of being neutral environmentally, kills way less animals and wildlife (restores it, in fact) compared to monocrops which makes it more ethical than vegan nonsense lol. 2 cows feed me for 12 months. How many animals vegans have never heard of get killed for their precious 250kcal avocados?

I understand skepticism towards carnivorism because, duh liver glycogen duh vitamin C, but veganism is far, far worse for health. It’s a massive and very unfortunate joke. Kinda sad.

From one anecdote to another, I know a lot of meat eaters who are anemic, and they aren't girls.

Samya

I've recently been eating a plant based diet of fruits and tubers, some veggies and drink just enough whole milk for B-12 and some fat soluble vitamins, sometimes adding some cheese to my main meal too. Although mushrooms provide minimal amounts of calories and protein I consider them an important part of my diet and try to buy ones that are UV treated so have high vitamin D levels, or leave them in the sunlight for a few hours before cooking. I still salivate when I smell meat and would eat it if I enjoyed it but just don't have the taste for it anymore, so plant based it is. A few LSD experiences and wanting to travel to regularly vegetarian towns in India were quite instrumental in changing my dietary habits. If you think of the mass 'sacrifice' of animals on a daily basis too it's pretty horrific and probably unnecessary.

Jennifer

Loving the plant based lifestyle. Was wondering if others have interesting, unusual diet things that they use for optimal health. I started using duckweed as it has natural plant source of B12 and am enjoying a lot of sprouted legumes. What do yall do? Thanks in advance!
Oh, cool! I had looked into duckweed last year for B12 and a sustainable source of plant protein. Do you like it and has it kept your B12 and/or MMA levels in a good range?

I've been plant-based for the majority of my life and have found that keeping my fiber intake lower (under 15g) and getting my carbs and protein from non-starchy and low-fat sources -- fruit, bean curd and mushroom broth -- works best for me. Too much fiber and not enough carbs (and calories in general) and my cholesterol drops too low -- it has been as low as 115 -- and too little protein and I don't feel grounded. I supplement with B12 and vitamin D (during the winter) because my levels bottom out even when consuming animal protein. Honestly, I haven't noticed a difference supplementing with B12, but I don't want to take any chances. I can't say I won't ever eat eggs or shellfish (my choice of animal protein) again if necessary, but I know for certain I'll continue to eat mostly plants because I feel my best on a fruit-based diet and routine blood work (drawn almost monthly for the past decade) only helps to confirm this.

Love the testimonials against Plant-Based Dieting lol.So much wisdom and truthvalue.Vegans get hollowed out at an amazing Pace!

A lot of my well meaning but naive Acqaintances are feeding vegan-style,lots of grey faces,greyed Hair,premature Aging,weird depressive,passive-aggressive mentation,whilst maintaining Face,phony,hollowed out,grey vegan-Face,vegan child torture(lets feed them stinkin surrogate food! Plue Blanet!!No Future!!!).

All packed into the Instagram Fakenews-cycle which became our lives,with furniture that just looks like wholesome Advert-interior design.This generation will breed the authoritarian Nazi-type,loveless,lifeless,sickened so early,never seen the light,breeding ground:well meaning and naive leftists.It is a Body-Horror movie.

Strange how 6 months of the diet caused you to

1. Pee B12
2. Develop Megaloblastic Anemia
3. Give you tragedy for 12 years, after
4. Die, apparently.

With all due respect, I think you have general health issues that you were trying to fix with a plant based diet and it didnt fix the problem so you switched back

If I may ask, what are you eating now, assuming that your health is in check?

It is the entire vegan deterioration syndrome,just as usual?

I read also all that phony stuff you are reciting.An awful LOT of stuff isnt bioavailable in Plants,thats how they get Omnivores off their backs,by reducing availability and poisoning the daring ones,giving safe fruit as an decoy.

Veganism is boldly documented in the video series 'EPITOME OF MALNOURISHMENT',it is representative and absolutely disgusting,all the farting also.

From one anecdote to another, I know a lot of meat eaters who are anemic, and they aren't girls.

Lol,you dont.There are sporadic near-anemic male Milkdrinkers,but not male meateaters,this is a nonsense.

rainbow5000

Lol,you dont.There are sporadic near-anemic male Milkdrinkers,but not male meateaters,this is a nonsense.

Interesting. Given over 90% of America eats meat on a near-daily basis, with plenty of beef, and yet anemia somehow still exists in this general population. So unless you're joking the evidence this is wrong is literally in plain sight.

I was vegan for about a year due to high cholesterol and angina. Cured my angina but was soon looking vegan skinny, grey and old. Now Im on a flexitarian diet and am doing much better.

Lots of those vegan malnourishment videos are of raw fruitarians so I don't think intelligent veganism is as bad as portrayed. Look at the Adventist healthy study 2. Vegans vegetarians and low meat eaters do much better than meat eaters.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals