Anti-capital peat inspired sticker project for Europe

Mauritio

So the idea is simple: Spread as many of these stickers as possible around in Europe.

The sticker is inspired by the following Peat-quote: (idea by @Rafe )

"The perception of possibility can make the energetic difference, for a rat, of swimming for hours, instead of drowning immediately. The reason I talk more about biology than politics is that the various radical movements generally have inflexibilities that keep them apart. People need to start understanding that the system is systematically murdering them, and understanding that the situation is desperate, they need to see that solidarity with life, against capital, is their hope."

The quote would feature the last bolded part.

I already got Peat's okay and comment on it:
"Yes, that’s o.k. If I were writing it for a sticker, I might say “corporate state” or “money power" rather than capital."

I think for most non-native english speakers money power is easier to understand than corporate state ,so the final sticker would say the following:

"People need to start understanding that the system is systematically murdering them, and understanding that the situation is desperate, they need to see that solidarity with life, against money power, is their hope."

So I could order a big amount of stickers and then send them to everybody, so we have the same design and wording. Or we could print them all by ourselves. What do you think?
We're all in this together , this time for real. So let's do something.
Who's in ?

gaze

i think the issue is many people already know this, so just giving them a sticker stating the obvious won't do much if at all. i don't think the average person has very high regards for big corporations, there's something intuitively damaging about them, yet no one including prominent leftists really has any good solutions. Even Ray is good at critiquing the current state of affairs, but hardly offers up a way forward on how to govern and navigate the political realm.

Yanis Varoufakis, who was a greek finance minister during the debt crisis, is pretty substantially left wing and he has some good anti-corporate ideas, some of which I don't think would work very well, but his ideas sound a lot better than the political discourse as it currently stands. the real center of it all is the federal reserve and the european central bank, as they essential control where money gets allocated and prop up corporate and banking power (mainly because these are run by the prominent bankers). somehow, or someway, democratizing those institutions so they work for the people rather than banks and corporations will probably be the best hope

Last edited:

JamesGatz

I'm surprised out of all the people in the world that know of the scam - no one has done anything in terms of paying our friends at the top a visit :) either the news is really good at suppressing the stories or I don't know I wish I would see people do something entertaining because weve waited long enough

Ben.

I'm surprised out of all the people in the world that know of the scam - no one has done anything in terms of paying our friends at the top a visit :) either the news is really good at suppressing the stories or I don't know I wish I would see people do something entertaining because weve waited long enough

I think at a certain point for some people this will be what they'll be doing if the overreach of the current agenda hits it peak. Main issue is probably that the culprits are not all identified yet.

I always kind of belittled america for their "useless" gun freedom in the past - buying into the media absurdum of people dying in accidents - but considering how things turned out now im insanely jealous and freedom has gotten a whole new meaning for me. It realy is something that is not granted and needs to be fought for.

Ben.

Btw i don't mind covering the entire city with the stickers haha.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I'm with you in this.

Btw i don't mind covering the entire city with the stickers haha.
Awesome guys! I think I'll do a test print of a few stickers about 9x9cm and see how it looks.
Anybody good with designing stuff like this?

Last edited:
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Btw I know this isn't gonna end the pandemic or change much. So please dont comment :"how would the elites care if you print out stickers?" or something like this .

We have to understand that we are the Rats in the exact quote that this thread is about . So doing anything be it: going on protests, talking about the situation with like minded people or printing stickers can be a helpful thing for us . And if it also spreads a good message, even better!

Ben.

Btw I know this isn't gonna end the pandemic or change much. So please dont comment :"how would the elites care if you print out stickers?" or something like this .

We have to understand that we are the Rats in the exact quote that this thread is about . So doing anything be it: going on protests, talking about the situation with like minded people or printing stickers can be a helpful thing for us . And if it also spreads a good message, even better!

I think people underestimate this. Just as people have been hyptnotized by media, commercials, pictures, news, billboards etc. the same way we can induce a a change in thought and behaviour by taking a stand and spreading messages.

I was pondering about the 9gag picture you posted about relentless repeat inducing acceptance of a message no matter its validity. If that were true, we can use that for ourselves aswell. I think pina posted a video from a female traumatheraphist explaining very well how and why people stay in abusive relationships (in this case the goverment) and all the mechanisms behind it.

Relentlessly, individually facing the truth over and over was her basic answer to resolving it. At this stage studies or data doesn't mean anything anymore. Taking action and showing them repedeatly that health is more than a needle in the arm. Showing them the medical field, education complex and the food industry is corrupt and unhealthy to its very core.

The stickers might not change the world but its a small step towards something greater. All of these things you've mentioned. If someone is spewing narrative bull**** we need to call them out. If someone repeats flawed information contrary to current science at the workplace, we need to correct them. When someone tells certain food is unhealthy or healthy, you need to call them out and ask them specifically why to see if they're just repeating some common lie.

All these things shape public opinion. And public opinion is stupid, in that it follows whoever has the most money and screams the loudest.

-Luke-

I would definitely participate in that.

LeeLemonoil

@Mauritio

I won’t participate.
I don’t want Antifa or other authoritarians frame Peat as the Next alt-right Querdenker.
Im happy he is relatively unknown here.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

BigShoes

Nice idea (UK here). But, in my opinion:

The quote is too long, not specific enough, and not catchy enough. If I read this on the tube / train / metro, I'd assume it was a tagline for a new novel you were working on (especially if I were still an asleep sheep)

cats

Just as important as people knowing what's going on is them knowing that other people know what's going on. People need to be confident that others agree with them before they can act in more substantial ways. So stating things publicly in a way that makes it clear to everyone that everyone else has heard the same thing has a lot of power. Stickers, posters, or whatever can be part of that.

shine

Printing stickers and covering your city in them is a good start, but the quote, while good, isn't catchy enough, compared to something like "EAT THE RICH".
We would have to come up with something catchy and then print the catchphrase together with a QR-code on the sticker that links to a site with information that isn't too tinfoil-hatty on first glance.

"Monetary power is systematically trying to murder YOU.
FOR SOLIDARITY WITH LIFE [QR-CODE]"

Something like this.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

What do you think. 1, 2 or 3 ?
I'd personally say 1 or 2 . its just more in your face and direct .
flyerdesign_10122021_204039.JPEG
flyerdesign_10122021_203856.JPEG
flyerdesign_10122021_203035.JPEG

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals