Anterior Cutaneous Nerve Entrapment Syndrome

BearWithMe

Anterior cutaneous nerve entrapment syndrome (ACNES) is a nerve entrapment condition that causes chronic pain of the abdominal wall. It occurs when nerve endings of the lower thoracic intercostal nerves (7–12) are 'entrapped' in abdominal muscles, causing a severe localized nerve (neuropathic) pain that is usually experienced at the front of the abdomen.
Anterior cutaneous nerve entrapment syndrome - Wikipedia

I was plagued by this condition for past 15 years without getting proper diagnosis. Altrough now I'm finally diagnosed, doctors doesn't have much treatment options to offer.

It is getting worse and worse every day, I can't even bend over to put on my socks without halting my digestion and causing myself terrible nausea and abdominal pain for the rest of the day.

My abdomen was always extremely hypersensitive and even the slightest touch caused very unpleasant cramping. Could this be a factor? I found that muscle relaxing substances like magnesium provides some relief. Anxiety and stress makes it worse.

Are there any Peat-ish treatments that might stop the worsening or even reverse this condition?

GAF

I had a lateral femoral cutaneous nerve entrapment for 5 years. Right thigh. Got it dancing. Terrible. Spent 10k doing everything to make it stop.

Finally, chiropractor in a networking had a "bioflex" laser. 3 treatments and it was gone for good. Now, I use my own red lights and lasers on all my nerve entrapment and bursa sac injuries. Nothing else works.

Ice helps temporarily.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Many thanks for sharing your expiriences, GAF! Actually I was thinking about trying laser therapy (for unrelated health issues) for reeeally long time. Didn't knew that it might also help with nerve entrapment.

I'm going to schedule an appointment with chiropractor right now :):

Sinjin

You should read David Mccoid’s story on resistance stretching for pelvic pain. Obviously the genesis of the problem may not be exactly the same but there are similarities, eg muscle tension, pelvic pain often thought to be caused by pudendal nerve entrapment etc

DCT for Pelvic Pain

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

This is really interesting idea, thanks for sharing, Sinjin. That would explain a lot of things, especially why is my condition getting worse the less active I am and the weaker my stomach muscles are... Will look into this!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals