Adaptogenic Herbs - Experiences ?

sun-maid

Hi,

I was looking into different herbs to help circulation, metabolism and reduce inflammation. Nettle root, ginkgo biloba and he shou wu caught my attention.

Does anyone have any positive or negative experience with those herbs ? Any possible interaction with peaty supplement (aspirin, gelatin, k2) ? I already take ashwagandha ksm-66 before bed with great result.

I also heard that nettle block dht. Is it safe for a male ? Is the combination of ginkgo + aspirin safe ? Or it will thin the blood too much since gingko has an antiplatelet activity.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Sun-maid

Last edited:

Frankdee20

I have used GINKO alone briefly without Aspirin during that time. GINKO is nice because it enhances blood flow to the brain, but blocks GLYCINE and GABA receptors, which can create anxiety. Some websites claim it can enhance risk of stroke, so I do not know. Ashwaganda is not praised highly here due to enhancement of serotonergic activity on 1A and 2a receptors. It is also a nightshade and can increase acetylcholine too much. I have used Nettle as a Tea - the whole leaf though, so I cannot say if this was the right preperation for DHT. No side effects to report. GINSENG is one of the best all around herbs for bodily enhancement, but it raises CAMP (like Caffeine) and has the drawback of blocking GABA and being estrogenic.

OP
S

sun-maid

I have used GINKO alone briefly without Aspirin during that time. GINKO is nice because it enhances blood flow to the brain, but blocks GLYCINE and GABA receptors, which can create anxiety. Some websites claim it can enhance risk of stroke, so I do not know. Ashwaganda is not praised highly here due to enhancement of serotonergic activity on 1A and 2a receptors. It is also a nightshade and can increase acetylcholine too much. I have used Nettle as a Tea - the whole leaf though, so I cannot say if this was the right preperation for DHT. No side effects to report. GINSENG is one of the best all around herbs for bodily enhancement, but it raises CAMP (like Caffeine) and has the drawback of blocking GABA and being estrogenic.

Thank you! So I guess that if you take aspirin, ginko is not very valuable. Thats a shame for ashwaganda, it makes me feel so relax with very warm and dry hand..

Frankdee20

Thank you! So I guess that if you take aspirin, ginko is not very valuable. Thats a shame for ashwaganda, it makes me feel so relax with very warm and dry hand..

Many people report Ashwaganda as helpful, and there are various strains like KSM-66, but I do not know how that is purported to differ. The herb has been linked to improving GABA function, Thyroid function, and Cortisol function, so perhaps that accounts for the improvement. I did not like it very much, I used the Organic India brand, and I felt a bit irritable on it.

Crafty

Ashwangandra is used for balancing cortisol, reduction of stress effects on the body.

I was fine at first but after a couple of weeks went weird ....muscles tightened and major psychological issues which stopped as soon as I stopped taking it.
I am however reactive to salicylate acids and anti-inflammatories at this stage.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals