Activated Charcoal makes me feel 'cured'

P

PointOutside

I feel normal. If you see my previous thread on my issue I explain what I've been experiencing but the gist is I messed up my body pretty bad presumably from taking steroids, beyond just screwing up my Testosterone for a little while. Thiamine and Calcium helped me a lot but I wasn't fully there yet. Hormones recovered but I never felt normal after two and a half years. Digestion has been screwed up for years: constipation, bloating (everywhere), weird stool, brain fog, fatigue, blah blah blah. Can't remember my last normal solid stool.

Today I tried AC and now, 9 hours later I feel extremely calm, relaxed, and my mind is completely clear. I feel incredibly amazing. But I'm worried for two reasons:

- Can I build a 'tolerance' to ACs ability to clear out endotoxins?
- How do I sustain this feeling without dangerously taking AC every day?

I can't figure out how to fix my gut and stop the endotoxins so at this point after everything I've tried I'll accept an indefinite band aid assuming I could even do that. Yes, I know... metabolism, thyroid, PUFAs. I'm doing all of that and have been for months. A lot has improved but my gut just doesn't wanna heal.

I've had my fair share of good experiences with supplements that ends up lasting just a few days. What I feel right now is the feeling I've been chasing forever: how I used to feel before I screwed up my health.

Dr. B

I feel normal. If you see my previous thread on my issue I explain what I've been experiencing but the gist is I messed up my body pretty bad presumably from taking steroids, beyond just screwing up my Testosterone for a little while. Thiamine and Calcium helped me a lot but I wasn't fully there yet. Hormones recovered but I never felt normal after two and a half years. Digestion has been screwed up for years: constipation, bloating (everywhere), weird stool, brain fog, fatigue, blah blah blah. Can't remember my last normal solid stool.

Today I tried AC and now, 9 hours later I feel extremely calm, relaxed, and my mind is completely clear. I feel incredibly amazing. But I'm worried for two reasons:

- Can I build a 'tolerance' to ACs ability to clear out endotoxins?

I can't figure out how to fix my gut and stop the endotoxins so at this point after everything I've tried I'll accept an indefinite band aid assuming I could even do that. Yes, I know... metabolism, thyroid, PUFAs. I'm doing all of that and have been for months. A lot has improved but my gut just doesn't wanna heal.

I've had my fair share of good experiences with supplements that ends up lasting just a few days. What I feel right now is the feeling I've been chasing forever: how I used to feel before I screwed up my health.
whys it dangerous to take AC daily?
what amount are you using?

Ac has the same effect on - I feel “normal” from it. I just take two times a week in small doses (3-4 capsules).

Hans

Forum Supporter
Can I build a 'tolerance' to ACs ability to clear out endotoxins?
No to the first question.
Probably yes to the second question. Try 1 week everyday dosing, then EOD and then after a while, every third day etc.

Have you done a stool test before?

Spartan300

When is the best time to take AC?

I always feel like it will inhibit the absorbtion of nutrients from food?

OP
P

PointOutside

whys it dangerous to take AC daily?
what amount are you using?
It will prevent nutrient absorption, and doing it like once or twice a week is probably fine from what I've read on here.

No to the first question.
Probably yes to the second question. Try 1 week everyday dosing, then EOD and then after a while, every third day etc.

Have you done a stool test before?
Will definitely try that, I'll just do it away from my meals.
I've never done a stool test, mostly because I've heard they're kinda useless a long time ago but I'm not sure what this forum thinks of them. I probably should huh.

Dr. B

It will prevent nutrient absorption, and doing it like once or twice a week is probably fine from what I've read on here.

I've never done a stool test, mostly because I've heard they're kinda useless a long time ago but I'm not sure what this forum thinks of them. I probably should huh.
what if you take it a few hours away from any food/nutrients

Hans

Forum Supporter

Stool tests can be very valuable.

B

Blaze

Woah, I never heard of it! It sounds really cool, and it makes sense with what Peat has said about coconut's medium chain fatty acids (assuming they are in it).
Charcoal is just carbon. In this case think they are probably making it from incinerating the hard wood like coconut shell material. Probably no medium chain fatty acids in that case. Activated charcoal can be made from most high carbon content substances. The extreme heat takes the charcoal bonds and frees up those bonds "activating it" and restoring it's affinity to bind to other substances again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iceman2016

I would love to take charcoal regularly but Peat as well as others have talked about the potential danger of charcoal persorbption and the risk of small charcoal particles getting stuck in capillaries, etc, and possibly leading to cancer. I don't know what to think about this but since I'm pretty conservative, I only use it when absolutely necessary. Hopefully someone can tell me I'm wrong so I can take it more often. Even a few times a week as Peat suggests would be great.

amd

Check the news on the toxicity of titanium dioxide (now is bad in the US) and other compounds, there are all kinds of particle sizes down to nano particles.

RealNeat

I would love to take charcoal regularly but Peat as well as others have talked about the potential danger of charcoal persorbption and the risk of small charcoal particles getting stuck in capillaries, etc, and possibly leading to cancer. I don't know what to think about this but since I'm pretty conservative, I only use it when absolutely necessary. Hopefully someone can tell me I'm wrong so I can take it more often. Even a few times a week as Peat suggests would be great.
There are larger grain charcoals available I believe and you could even make your own. The dangers of taking larger grain and what happens in the stomach acid I'm not sure.

Dr. B

if you take activated charcoal capsules would this issue be nullified? since the powder remains in the capsule till it reaches the gut, and at that point it should all be digested directly in the gut? is 500mg activated charcoal enough or are several grams needed?

There are larger grain charcoals available I believe and you could even make your own. The dangers of taking larger grain and what happens in the stomach acid I'm not sure.

larger grains are actually less processed and seen as inferior in the supplement industry. charcoal powders are advertised based on how fine the powder is. im thinking wouldnt a capsule form of charcoal nullify this issue of needing larger grains?

Check the news on the toxicity of titanium dioxide (now is bad in the US) and other compounds, there are all kinds of particle sizes down to nano particles.

what about it? how bad is the stuff.
like some ice creams which have marshmallow swirls have that stuff. it seems the amount would be very small, to color the food white. how dangerous is titanium dioxide

also im curious do burger king beef patties and mcdonalds beef patties have hidden ingredients? they say its 100% beef, how can that be, is there something they can secretly add to it but still call it 100% beef. like adding nitrites... or pink slime or other odd things in the meat.

although ironically, i heard pink slime is actually just the parts of the meat nobody wants to eat? in the US everyone wants ground beef, but ironically, if you're eating a beef patty made of the animal parts nobody wants to eat, you're probably getting a good mix of nutrients compared to ground beef from the leg or arm etc. I think generally you can't even get meat unless it's ground beef, steaks and liver, sometimes heart.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals