Activated Charcoal Makes Me Feel Amazing (mentally)

Sagitarrius90

I have to say AC is the best product I've tried for my mental health thus far.

I've never had zest for life for the past few years. Nothing to complain but just a gloomy sense of life.

After reading up on endotoxin and gut health and its relationship to skin health I gave lysine as well as activated charcoal to help my gut.

I feel amazing. The mental clarity, the reduced cortisol I love it. Seems like its reducing my endotoxin/serotonin and mentally feel amazing.

Lysine i added as well as i heard it reduces serotonin so it could be from that as well.

Recoen

I have to say AC is the best product I've tried for my mental health thus far.

I've never had zest for life for the past few years. Nothing to complain but just a gloomy sense of life.

After reading up on endotoxin and gut health and its relationship to skin health I gave lysine as well as activated charcoal to help my gut.

I feel amazing. The mental clarity, the reduced cortisol I love it. Seems like its reducing my endotoxin/serotonin and mentally feel amazing.

Lysine i added as well as i heard it reduces serotonin so it could be from that as well.
Will you share what brands you’re using and dosing please?

GenericName86

While I haven't used it a great deal, whenever I have supplemented with it I've felt pretty good. I've used Nature's way brand. Not sure how it compares with others.

dukesbobby777

I notice similar effects taking activated charcoal to the effects I would get from taking the antibiotic doxycycline. So I’m sure it’s working on that endotoxin/serotonin in the gut. I use the granules from health natura.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Activated charcoal is one of the few supplements I actually notice anything and the effects are always better than expected.
Most often just big doses for a short period is all that's needed for me.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

I use Organika Activated Charcoal Powder.

Seems to reduce serotonin similar to that of bromocriptine, metergoline, cyprophepatine and to be honest I feel like it works better than all of them without nasty sides. @Hans I actually utilized you're website to find out how to reduce serotonin and improve gut health. I highly recommend it to anyone here it's super helpful and straight to the point. High dose taurine (15grams) for a few weeks has helped me get off of t3 only but since have been using 12.5 daily until next week where I will drop it down to 6.5 mcg daily for long term use.

Velve921

So the last 2 days I’ve experimented with the following upon waking:

1 capsule of charcoal
1 raw carrot
2 boiled white button mushrooms
Tbsp of refined coconut oil

....let’s just say I have felt beyond calm and relaxed.

Normally I just use charcoal and baking soda to brush my teeth, which took away all tooth and gum pain 3 years ago.

And I use larger dose of charcoal if I have flu symptoms 1-2x per year.

So in all honesty I only use a few specs of charcoal in my mouth then spit it out.

So we’ve all heard different recommendations by Dr. Peat that charcoal should be used quite sparingly. Has anyone had notiacble negative side effects from consistent use? I am noticing more and more than many people are seeing amazing results from using it from what seems more regularly.

Thanks for feedback in advance.

retroactive

I get benefit from it if I feel i'm suffering from endotoxin. Have you notice positive effects from antibiotics?

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

I take a big amount then stop etc around 2 3 tablespoons and it just calms my mind definitly lowers serotonin. Get a bit cold after I'm assuming lowered cortisol. Love it

SQu

I mix a teaspoon with coconut oil and 50mg doxycycline and take this once a week and it works very well. I take this same mix the moment I feel any cold or flu symptoms or any kind of off feelings, and next morning they are gone. Sometimes I need to repeat a day, but it always works for me. I also take more cascara that day to counter the constipating effect: I usually take 1/8 tsp, on charcoal days I will take up to 1/2 tsp.

Perry Staltic

What's better? Powder or granules? OK to use aquarium or water filter activated charcoal?

Last edited: