Activated Charcoal Should Be Used With Caution

tara

Can the body get rid of the black gunk produced by regular activated charcoal supplements?
Takes a day or two in IME to clear GI tract. Depends on transit time etc.
But there's been discussion of potential for persorption into bloodstream, which would not be good. It doesn't dissolve, so not easy to get rid of any small trace that might get persorbed, if that does happen.
Ugh, I've just ordered a bottle of activated charcoal, and I can't cancel it now. Will be throwing it in the bin right after it comes in lol.
I wouldn't throw it in the bin if I were you. If you don't want to use it now, keep it in your cabinet for when you or someone has a gut infection or poisoning to deal with, or when endotoxin is for some reason enemy number one, when the risk/benefit balance shifts. Or when you want to make a poultice to draw something unpleasant out transdermally.

TreasureVibe

Takes a day or two in IME to clear GI tract. Depends on transit time etc.
But there's been discussion of potential for persorption into bloodstream, which would not be good. It doesn't dissolve, so not easy to get rid of any small trace that might get persorbed, if that does happen.

I wouldn't throw it in the bin if I were you. If you don't want to use it now, keep it in your cabinet for when you or someone has a gut infection or poisoning to deal with, or when endotoxin is for some reason enemy number one, when the risk/benefit balance shifts. Or when you want to make a poultice to draw something unpleasant out transdermally.
What is IME? And what happens if a small trace gets persorbed?

tara

What is IME? And what happens if a small trace gets persorbed?
IME = in my experience
Peat has talked about difficulties with them - I think it involves small insoluble particles getting stuck in small vessels and blocking flow. Possible also contributing to inflammation, but I'm not sure about that part.

SOMO

Can the body get rid of the black gunk produced by regular activated charcoal supplements?

If something got "stuck" inside your intestinal tract you would know very quickly.
It's actually a life-threatening situation that ends up in a hospital visit.

Waynish

the granules I use do not have powder in them.
I'm guessing health natura? I also have that same product everyone recommends on this forum... If you touch some of the granules with your hands, then you'll see a fine powder rub off that is to my eye as fine as the powder in typical activated charcoal. Does that make sense?

Judd Crane

Good points..hmmm Okay I might think about it again..mightl..lol As for the taurine that is good to take at night because I have trouble with blood sugar drop in the middle of sleep
I tried 500 mg of AC in the middle of a 12 hour fast (IF) during the day and have had headaches for two days and have now gotten neck pain on top of that... Did you ever get around to try AC at night?

One of the issues with taking it during the day is that people might try to eat on top of the slow digestion, which can cause all kinds of problems.
What issues did you experience?

Well for the second time using AC I experienced the weirdest headache. It can be a combo of using aspirin that causes bruising and nosebleeds that I stopped about 3 days prior to taking AC. Well the AC causes extreme slow transit time, and then woke up with pain in my neck muscles up into my head with a headache not as bad as migraine but close.

Got the same thing today. Neck pain. No bowel movement. Migraine. Strong one.

I tried 500 mg of AC in the middle of a 12 hour fast (IF) during the day and have had headaches for two days and have now gotten neck pain on top of that... Did you ever get around to try AC at night?

There are at least 3 users, including myself with the same symptoms. That's wierd.

tara

If AC slowed down digestion too much, maybe that could trigger headache and other pain?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals