Why Do You Take Activated Charcoal - How Has It Helped Or Changed You?

DMF

I'm trying to get a clear picture of why the folks here are taking AC, and how or what the results are., but mostly I see "what's the best way" "what brand" "what time of day" or that it's "cured" them" (of what?) or it makes them feel awesome>
I know my gut is wrecked - little or no appetite yet no weight loss, bloating or bloating sensation, unfirm watery inconsistent stools, and I'm sure liver problems even though I hardly drink.
AC sounds like it could be my last hope, but so many AC info sights are in fact plugging their own brand.
Suggestions PLEASE !!

Sefton10

If I've eaten something that causes upset stomach or bloating, maybe some under ripe fruit etc, I'll have a tablespoon in juice before bed. Usually sorts the problem out.

OP
D

DMF

If I've eaten something that causes upset stomach or bloating, maybe some under ripe fruit etc, I'll have a tablespoon in juice before bed. Usually sorts the problem out.
How long have you been doing this - is it only for a short term ailment as you say - stomach issue ?

Sefton10

How long have you been doing this - is it only for a short term ailment as you say - stomach issue ?
Yes, once or twice a week maybe. If it was a more acute issue you could probably take it a few days on the bounce but it will also bind good stuff as well as bad stuff hence taking it away from food. Taking it too long/often would likely lead to deficiencies.

Nokoni

I had gut discomfort for some time that was starting to worry me. Took 6 caps of charcoal (3 * 2 each) yesterday and the discomfort and related symptoms stopped very quickly. It was a great relief and very surprising. Wasn't expecting that or I would have tried it sooner. Continuing the charcoal today but I'm not sure if it will become a problem, with constipation or whatever. We'll see. But so far so good.

Joseph Marcello

Forum Supporter
I'm trying to get a clear picture of why the folks here are taking AC, and how or what the results are., but mostly I see "what's the best way" "what brand" "what time of day" or that it's "cured" them" (of what?) or it makes them feel awesome>
I know my gut is wrecked - little or no appetite yet no weight loss, bloating or bloating sensation, unfirm watery inconsistent stools, and I'm sure liver problems even though I hardly drink.
AC sounds like it could be my last hope, but so many AC info sights are in fact plugging their own brand.
Suggestions PLEASE !!
Activated charcoal is excellent would you talk for caitian oh, but I do not believe that it has the capacity to regenerate the gut microbiome. For that you want a viable source of GCmaf... There are two of which I'm aware, wanting probiotic forum call Bravo, which is unnecessarily costly in my opinion, and when and 1 in homeopathic form coming made by a healer friend. This is sourced from the stools from healthy young infants, of which there are of course is no detectable Trace in the homeopathic product. For access to this feel free to connect with me at JosephMarcello,@verizon.net.

Joseph Marcello

Forum Supporter
Activated charcoal is excellent would you talk for caitian oh, but I do not believe that it has the capacity to regenerate the gut microbiome. For that you want a viable source of GCmaf... There are two of which I'm aware, wanting probiotic forum call Bravo, which is unnecessarily costly in my opinion, and when and 1 in homeopathic form coming made by a healer friend. This is sourced from the stools from healthy young infants, of which there are of course is no detectable Trace in the homeopathic product. For access to this feel free to connect with me at JosephMarcello,@verizon.net.
So much for dictation... My first comment had intended to say activated charcoal is excellent for detoxification,...

Apologies there..

I take AC every other day and it helps my stools a lot, it helped me with some fruits and starch intolerance that I had. I also take it for serotonin-related purposes because I think I have high (or at best moderate) levels of serotonin, coupled with a history of high serotonin (apathy, mild autism, sociopathy, etc.). The most thing that I notice is that if I don't take it for a couple of days, I get regular bad thoughts about my past, which they're pretty annoying.

Kris

the only thing that concerns me, is the danger that some of AC can get stuck in the gut...

Kris

Indefinitely?!

I don't know. but even RP mentioned that some of it may enter the walls of the intestines and create some toxicity; i read it somewhere. usually, doctors give laxative after administrating AC for that reason I suppose. I take additionally psyllium husk which i think would absorb that stuff....

LadyRae

the only thing that concerns me, is the danger that some of AC can get stuck in the gut...
Yes, I take a few cascara capsules about 6 hours after I take charcoal, for that very reason.

I find that taking a Tbsp or so of charcoal on the days I don't eat carrots, helps with negative thoughts, early morning wake, bloating, and cravings(feeling like I am still hungry even after I ate a large meal).

I'm focusing on serotonin and estrogen dominance issues...

Ismail

Yes, I take a few cascara capsules about 6 hours after I take charcoal, for that very reason.

I find that taking a Tbsp or so of charcoal on the days I don't eat carrots, helps with negative thoughts, early morning wake, bloating, and cravings(feeling like I am still hungry even after I ate a large meal).

Thanks for the cascara tip ?

It is worrying though of the dangers of it getting stuck in the gut etc ?

Kris

and how does Cascara help with this issue?

Ben.

and how does Cascara help with this issue?

powerful laxative ....

castor oil or some magnesium-sulphate works too ...

L_C

Suggestions PLEASE !!
Good against sibo

Kris

powerful laxative ....

castor oil or some magnesium-sulphate works too ...
I take magnesium-sulphat when i do liver flush to get rid of gallbladder stones, but it is maybe too powerful laxative, unless you take just a little. i am wondering, if my idea is not better, mixing AC powder with psyllium husk, so it kind of gets glued to the psyllium husk even before you ingest it.

Ben.

I take magnesium-sulphat when i do liver flush to get rid of gallbladder stones, but it is maybe too powerful laxative, unless you take just a little. i am wondering, if my idea is not better, mixing AC powder with psyllium husk, so it kind of gets glued to the psyllium husk even before you ingest it.
well i just wanted to answer why cascara "helps". I guess it contains another beneficial thing aswell.

its wierd, the magnesium sulphate, even in tablespoon amounts can take hours up to a day to start working for me ...
i guess you can do that psyllium husk thing but from what i've read and tried it can be quite harsh on the gut lining.

Kris

well i just wanted to answer why cascara "helps". I guess it contains another beneficial thing aswell.

its wierd, the magnesium sulphate, even in tablespoon amounts can take hours up to a day to start working for me ...
i guess you can do that psyllium husk thing but from what i've read and tried it can be quite harsh on the gut lining.

espsom salt can also be harsh. after all, it causes diarrhoea by creating some kind of irritation in the gut. i have been taking psyllium husk everyday for 20 years, and i did not notice any adverse effects. but i take the big 'grain' kind, not the powder one. anyway, i don't think that you want to get diarrhoea while taking AC, but rather to get the bowels moving.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals