Absolutely Horrible Lab Numbers !

Douglas Ek

What is your heighr and weight? This is so I can get an accurate picture body fat, and caloric need. Do you eat enough calories? And on top of that do you exercise? Most fundamental thing to improve androgens is eating enough calories.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

What is your heighr and weight? This is so I can get an accurate picture body fat, and caloric need. Do you eat enough calories? And on top of that do you exercise? Most fundamental thing to improve androgens is eating enough calories.

I am 6 foot 3, and 227 pounds. Overweight by 15 pounds.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

schultz

Hey um, not to seem insensitive but maybe don’t drink a pint of vodka the night before...

+1 If you knew you had a test in the morning why did you drink? It doesn't make any sense.

Your test results are worthless.

My suggestion is to stop drinking alcohol.

Acute binge drinking increases serum endotoxin and bacterial DNA levels in healthy individuals. - PubMed - NCBI
"Our findings indicate that even a single alcohol binge results in increased serum endotoxin levels likely due to translocation of gut bacterial products and disturbs innate immune responses that can contribute to the deleterious effects of binge drinking."

CLASH

@Frankdee20
Have you ever considered increasing your fat intake to something like 40-50% of calories from beef tallow, cocoa butter, coconut oil, and maybe butter depending on how it effects you (can have a high hormone content)?

Have you also considered dropping the dairy with perhaps the exception of butter?

I’ve seen your posts before and if i’m not mistaken you seem to have a history of alcohol use. Alcohol pretty directly leads to an increase in endotoxin, atleast in the research. This combined with the belly fat and hormone profile leads me to guess that you probably have some gut issues going on. I would venture to guess if you increased your fat, dropped the dairy and perhaps switched your carb sources from the starchy sources you discussed to mainly fruit juice you would drop the weight, see an increase in your androgens, and perhaps be able to maintain your sexual function (you may even drop the alcohol). Once you stabilize from there then maybe you could add the potatoes back in and see how you feel (i’d still avoid grain though personally).

From personal experience I’m 6’2” 185lbs for the past year or so eating a
40-50/30-40/20 F/c/p macro split without using any dairy and i’ve been able to maintain my musculature, leanness, libido, strength in the gym etc. Despite working/ living on night shift 24/7 and some days ( i sleep in the day) only getting 1-2 hours of sleep. When i used dairy I gained weight (fat) for the first time in my life; goat diary was less damaging but still made me gain weight, lose my libido, acne, gyno etc. Low fat made me exhausted, i was less lean, had terrible libido, and had adrenaline rushes all day long. Plus my gut was constantly bloated. Starch always leaves me slightly bloated after a few days of eating it. So in total once i dropped dairy, dropped starch (i use grape juice and pineapple juice instead) and increased my fat intake from beef tallow i felt way better and resolved alot of my issues. Plus my hair stopped shedding.

Also if your interested check this out (i’ve posted it elsewhere on the forum, The perspective on fat in the video is very interesting, I dont neccesarily agree with the perspective on sugar, atleast fruit sugar):

Peatful

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Hey Clash ...... Would'nt increasing my fat intake (which is pretty decnt now anyway) raise my Triglycerides even more ?

Douglas Ek

I am 6 foot 3, and 227 pounds. Overweight by 15 pounds.

For your height optimal would probably be a bit under 200 like 195 pounds. Tall guy. I have lots of friends though same height they tend to be 190-200 pounds even with lots of
Muscles. How is your estrogen levels? Bump just saw them. 29 is a high ratio for your T levels. Considering that your T is lower end. E shouldnt be that high. I would use some aromatase inhibitor and try to lose weight. That should increase your T a little. If you resort to exemestane I can from personal experience advice you to take a really low dose. Like 5mg every other day as a start. Exemestane in my opinion is more powerful than people think just because it is a suicide inhibitor. If you crash your E it will take much longer to get them back up. You will feel crap like that. Also I remember you felt good with zinc. Zinc is an AI so that could explain it. I would actually though rather take low dose exemestane than zinc. Zinc can cause problems if used too high dose for to long. Alltough alcoholics has lower levels of it.

Last edited:

baccheion

For your height optimal would probably be a bit under 200 like 195 pounds. Tall guy. I have lots of friends though same height they tend to be 190-200 pounds even with lots of
Muscles. How is your estrogen levels? Bump just saw them. 29 is a high ratio for your T levels. Considering that your T is lower end. E shouldnt be that high. I would use some aromatase inhibitor and try to lose weight. That should increase your T a little. If you resort to exemestane I can from personal experience advice you to take a really low dose. Like 5mg every other day as a start. Exemestane in my opinion is more powerful than people think just because it is a suicide inhibitor. If you crash your E it will take much longer to get them back up. You will feel crap like that. Also I remember you felt good with zinc. Zinc is an AI so that could explain it. I would actually though rather take low dose exemestane than zinc. Zinc can cause problems if used too high dose for to long. Alltough alcoholics has lower levels of it.
"Optimal" depends also on frame size. It's closer to the weight suggested by the following calculator (and 12% body fat): Ideal Body Weight Calculator: How Much Should You Weigh?

Douglas Ek

@Frankdee20
Also you probably hear this a lot but you should try to minimize your drinking. That much vodka is bad I know you decided you like alcohol too much. But really you should maybe consider getting treatment. In the end it will shorten your life. It’s your choice but people have done it before and lived happily after. Alcohol is a beast of an addiction.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

According to the calculator, if I am large frame I am definately 10 pounds over (My thumb and pointer do not touch) and if I am medium (between 6 or 7 inches wrist) then I am 20 pounds over, LOL. I know I need to lose some weight regardless

Douglas Ek

According to the calculator, if I am large frame I am definately 10 pounds over (My thumb and pointer do not touch) and if I am medium (between 6 or 7 inches wrist) then I am 20 pounds over, LOL. I know I need to lose some weight regardless

It might be a boring way but the best is to actually calculate your basal metabolic rate then start tracking calories.

D

danishispsychic

What about in my early twenties never touched a drink and I’d be at 250 ? I seem to be prone to this. Taking matters into my own hands, doctors don’t help anyone.
have you had a liver scan? no.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

have you had a liver scan? no.

I think I know what you’re getting at, but no I haven’t. Blood work for liver function and basic metabolic panels always come back within range. Either I am hypothyroid here or just have terrible liver function. IDK. The Triglycerides did manage to drop from 560 at one point to 300. I have no idea what helped me do that. Ever since I’ve been on the heavier side, I see elevations.

CLASH

@Frankdee20
Perhaps it might, I’m not a medical doctor so I cant give you a direct answer. Perhaps high triglycerides may be a feature of a bacterial/ endotoxin issue in the intestine burdening the liver as opposed to too much energy substrate from lipids. I think in these different context the triglyceride number may have different implications. I have seen quite a few studies show saturated fatty acids both long and medium chain protect the intestinal integrity from alcohol and endotoxin as well as the liver. Perhaps dropping the alcohol and increasing your intake of fats from saturated/ monounsaturated sources of both medium and long chain would help to sure up the intestinal lining, heal the liver and clear the bacterial issue. Avoiding starch and beans and focusing on fruit, roots, maybe some non-brassica greens would help to eliminate pathogenic strains of bacteria as well and support more neutral strains with thier high polyphenol, flavanoid contents, high nutrition, insoluble fibers, easily digested sugars and lack of starches.

Also, these fats are precursors for your steroid hormones and I have seen a human study involving athletes (i think hockey players) who ate 40% fat and had increases in testosterone. I have also seen studies in humans were increasing saturated and monounsaturated fats was associated with an increase in testosterone whereas polyunsaturated fats were associated with a decrease.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I’m buying a Testosterone test and will update with hopefully better numbers. I really don’t feel like it’s 291. I think that was a fluke.

Seem high in pufas, low metabolism. Low fat, pufa elimination and thyroid will probably to help immensely. Far too much drinking also which is highly estrogenic in those quantities. Have you considered these.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals