NEW LAB RESULTS IN, Time For Thyroid

Frankdee20

I am 6’3” and 235 pounds. 30 pounds overweight. All numbers overnight fasting and collected at 8AM. Doctor suggests Fish Oil. I honestly think it’s my weight and sedentary lifestyle.

Total Cholesterol: 278
HDL : 39 (borderline low)
LDL : Unreadable due to high Trigs
Triglyceride : 431 (They’ve been 500 before)

TSH : 1.78 (It’s been lower).
Free T4: 1.6 (range is 0.8-1.8).

Vitamin D : 29 (a bit low)
A1C : 5.3 (I am not pre diabetic )

Total Testosterone: 424 (I average in 400’s)
Free Testosterone: 86 (46-224 is range)

lampofred

Have you tried things that lower FFA such as aspirin, niacinamide, high sugar and low fat, along with calcium, vitamin D, vitamin K? It seems like the issue might be more related to high phosphate than low thyroid.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
I am 6’3” and 235 pounds. 30 pounds overweight. All numbers overnight fasting and collected at 8AM. Doctor suggests Fish Oil. I honestly think it’s my weight and sedentary lifestyle.

Why you no test total T3 and rT3?

Y-u-no.png

All jokes aside, did you also test free fatty acids, cortisol and DHEA-S?
If I were you I'd definitely focus on upping vitamin D and becoming more active and destressing a lot. Walking in nature will be great for both.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Why you no test total T3 and rT3?

Y-u-no.png

All jokes aside, did you also test free fatty acids, cortisol and DHEA-S?
If I were you I'd definitely focus on upping vitamin D and becoming more active and destressing a lot. Walking in nature will be great for both.

I requested those tests but he said he didn’t want to get into all that endocrinologist stuff... I will definitely increase my vitamin D as I’ve been only taking 5 K a day ..

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Have you tried things that lower FFA such as aspirin, niacinamide, high sugar and low fat, along with calcium, vitamin D, vitamin K? It seems like the issue might be more related to high phosphate than low thyroid.

I have yet to try a low fat diet but I think it will make a difference... I take all of those things you mentioned except Niacinamide and high sugar...

mrchibbs

I requested those tests but he said he didn’t want to get into all that endocrinologist stuff... I will definitely increase my vitamin D as I’ve been only taking 5 K a day ..

Sunshine will be much more effective though. Walking for 1h+ in summer every day for a couple of months could fix a lot of these issues.

wintagal

Your high cholesterol might be caused by low thyroid. Only Free T3 will tell you if you have enough active hormone in your blood. Life Extension sells a thyroid panel with FreeT3.
Vitamin B2 can lower FFA. Also B1. They increase metabolism of fats in the mitochondria.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Your high cholesterol might be caused by low thyroid. Only Free T3 will tell you if you have enough active hormone in your blood. Life Extension sells a thyroid panel with FreeT3.
Vitamin B2 can lower FFA. Also B1. They increase metabolism of fats in the mitochondria.[/QUOTE

Yeah he wasn’t getting into all of that fancy endocrine stuff .... Anyway, I’m thinking of trying NDT to see if the numbers can go down ..... Now I have to research which brands are legitimate.... Thyroid is the only supplement I’ve never tried.... I’ve tried a lot ...

Wilfrid

Do you have, by chance, any SHBG value?
If I recall correctly from your previous posts you had already tried a lot of supplements.
Have you also already tried a short course of myo-inositol and d-chiro-inositol combination?
This with vitamin D might be helpful, instead of taking straight thyroid hormones.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Do you have, by chance, any SHBG value?
If I recall correctly from your previous posts you had already tried a lot of supplements.
Have you also already tried a short course of myo-inositol and d-chiro-inositol combination?
This with vitamin D might be helpful.

He wouldn’t run the SHBG or DHEA or E2... I can’t take Inositol as it gives me severe anxiety (ironically I used it for relief of anxiety)..... I think it hits 5ht2a receptors

D is so important,one of the supplements where i could feel its presence strongly.Healed recurrent 'sore throat' forever.you should aim for 50-70ng/ml,or 100ng/ml,which can be achieved by 10000IUD3/d.
40IU/d of oral D3 raises blood-D by~0.4ng/ml.

EIRE24

D is so important,one of the supplements where i could feel its presence strongly.Healed recurrent 'sore throat' forever.you should aim for 50-70ng/ml,or 100ng/ml,which can be achieved by 10000IUD3/d.
What D supplement do you use?

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I am definitely increasing my D3 so it can get higher quicker rather than slow and steady... A year ago I was at 22 D3 level and did my 5k IU daily lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom