#96: Authoritarianism | Vaccine Sophistry | Coronavirus | Essential Fatty Acids? | Ray Peat with Chris Masterjohn

LadyRae

@SamYo123 Many thanks! I was watching for this to drop today. After I finish learning all about Beavers on Bret Weinstein's Dark horse, this is next

Michael Mohn

Danny's nervous laughter during interviews is getting out of control. A really irritating feature of otherwise good interviews. I wonder if he's well at the moment. 🤔

LadyRae

Danny's nervous laughter during interviews is getting out of control. A really annoying feature of otherwise good interviews. I wonder if he's well at the moment. 🤔
I have noticed this as well, but then I imagine how I might sound on a podcast and so I give him the benefit of the doubt 🤷

Michael Mohn

I have noticed this as well, but then I imagine how I might sound on a podcast and so I give him the benefit of the doubt 🤷
I always liked his voice and appearance on his videos/podcast and I wasn't bothered much by his laughter that he was criticized for as insensitive by some because it's okay to be nervous in front of a big audience but recently he just can't stop it anymore and it becomes hard to listen to his guests with his constant giggles in the background.

-Luke-

Thought for a second I was going crazy when reading the title. Sounded like Ray Peat was on the show.

Thanks for posting!

LadyRae

I always liked his voice and appearance on his videos/podcast and I wasn't bothered much by his laughter that he was criticized for as insensitive by some because it's okay to be nervous in front of a big audience but recently he just can't stop it anymore and it becomes hard to listen to his guests with his constant giggles in the background.
It's distracting, absolutely. I hope that his various guests don't think he is laughing at them... Lately there have been so many excuses to end the podcast because he has to open a chicken door or let the dogs out to go to the bathroom? He could always just pause the show and edit it out later....

Momma

Difficult to get through for me. Not to mention, I’m done with listening to any more thoughts on the virus or vaccine. I personally believe it’s shortsighted to do so. There are so many other grander issues ahead. It is time to move forward.

Sefton10

Lately there have been so many excuses to end the podcast because he has to open a chicken door or let the dogs out to go to the bathroom
This the only thing that's ever annoyed me about these podcasts: sometimes he gets Georgi on, then seems to be in a rush to finish or do something else. Rather than rushing them, just wait until you have more time to do it and let the Bulgarian wizard speak!

LadyRae

This the only thing that's ever annoyed me about these podcasts: sometimes he gets Georgi on, then seems to be in a rush to finish or do something else. Rather than rushing them, just wait until you have more time to do it and let the Bulgarian wizard speak!
Pretty sure Georgi could talk for hours and I love just listening to him. I completely agree! He has been on a lot of other podcasts lately; a real treat

Michael Mohn

Difficult to get through for me. Not to mention, I’m done with listening to any more thoughts on the virus or vaccine. I personally believe it’s shortsighted to do so. There are so many other grander issues ahead. It is time to move forward.
True. This talk comes one year too late.

Brundle

Why all the hate for the laughter? Let him be happy, it's a sign of a healthy metabolism surely. Danny does great work as a populariser of the bioenergetic viewpoint, and served as an invaluable intermediary between Ray and his audience.

LadyRae

Why all the hate for the laughter? Let him be happy, it's a sign of a healthy metabolism surely. Danny does great work as a populariser of the bioenergetic viewpoint, and served as an invaluable intermediary between Ray and his audience.
You're right, I shouldn't gossip or be so touchy. I really appreciate Danny and his podcasts and his guests and his sense of humor.

Currently about halfway through the podcast and I think Chris is funny, his recollection of early covid is hilariously sarcastic and spot on

-Luke-

Good interview. Always liked Masterjohn, although I have not followed him for many years now. It was he and Guyenet who cured me of my fear of carbs, even before I heard about Ray Peat for the first time.

I don't mind Danny's laughing. He seems to be a very likeable person.

Momma

I could address my concerns, but would not do so publicly. He certainly doesn’t need any hate. Just as for me, I won’t be a listener.

sunny

I don't mind the laughter. He has developed into a platform to bring interesting people with interesting ideas together to share discourse of those ideas with people who want to listen. I always thought the laughter was a coping mechanism because the people on the shows usually have a higher level of thinking, ideas, understanding, expression, dot connecting, etc than he does, imo. His role is usually more of a facilitator. I am immensely grateful for the multitude of times he brought Ray Peat to the podcast for a discussion.

Bluebell

I like his sense of humour and his laughter.

I think Danny's a really great interviewer. He's an extremely good listener and he fully absorbs what the interviewee is saying, rather than thinking about his next question or pushing his own interpretation on things. Then he asks incisive questions that bring out more complexity and depth.

You'd think that should be standard for an interviewer, but so often I find other interviewers slow things down and tend to simplify things for the audience (as if the audience is stupid, when it's actually the limitation of the interviewer), and then they move on just when things are getting interesting.

With Danny's interviews, it feels like listening in on a really interesting natural conversation, that's fun and entertaining. And because he genuinely gets on with the people he interviews, you really get a sense of their personality.

A-Tim

I'm a big fan or Masterjohn too. I find him very measured. Tends to talk about nutrient requirements in terms of ranges rather than something being absolutely bad in any quantity, which seems rarely to be the case. PUFA seems to be an exception to that rule (and which they discussed on the podcast).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals