Low Toxin Testimonials "5 Years on a LOW Vitamin A Diet! Yes, I’m still alive! 😉 … And, I’m healthier than ever. "

cfeehan

Forum Supporter
Thanks for sharing your timeline through your blog. I'm interested in your experience with the Medium Oxalate foods, and needing to do this instead of a Low Oxalate diet for the probiotic effects. Did you at first think that the cloudy eye issue was related to Vitamin A and then it cleared up when you moved to Still-Low-A-But-Med-Oxalate choices?

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Butter is high in vitamin A. It's 2500IU vit A per 100g and yet it's allowed on her list. Dates are quite high in carotenes also, depending on type. Some about half as high as carrots.
So not too keen on the list.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Sorry for the confusion but it’s not me. It’s from a lady whose emails I’m subscribed to for recipes.
Not to make this about me but I’m almost at 6 years officially not counting 2017 when I ate that way inadvertently before hearing about Grant and reading his books in 2018.
Here’s my before and after fwiw. Please be nice-I’m turning 55 in 6 months! This is the best I could do for a quick comparison.
AE7E7BFB-F6E0-4D7A-B4F8-58AE8E663FBF.jpeg

Peater

Sorry for the confusion but it’s not me. It’s from a lady whose emails I’m subscribed to for recipes.
Not to make this about me but I’m almost at 6 years officially not counting 2017 when I ate that way inadvertently before hearing about Grant and reading his books in 2018.
Here’s my before and after fwiw. Please be nice-I’m turning 55 in 6 months! This is the best I could do for a quick comparison. View attachment 62428
What a transformation, you look fantastic blossom.

Sampj97

Butter is high in vitamin A. It's 2500IU vit A per 100g and yet it's allowed on her list. Dates are quite high in carotenes also, depending on type. Some about half as high as carrots.
So not too keen on the list.
How much butter are you really going to eat at once?

kYgirl

Here’s my before and after fwiw. Please be nice-I’m turning 55 in 6 months! This is the best I could do for a quick comparison. View attachment 62428
You look fantastic! I am 56 and need to lose 10+ pounds, that won't budge after peat style eating. I know you have posted the foods you normally eat. Can you be more specific . . . like what you have for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks? Appreciate it. I am doing Low A but weight not budging.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
How much butter are you really going to eat at once?

Well one could say the same about liver pate or any other high vit a food. Baked products like cake or shortbread contain up to 50 grams butter per serving. A couple of pieces of toast buttered is over 20 grams. So two snacks and a piece of cake and one is getting 5000IU of vit A a day because they thought butter was fine. Then they have eczema all over, alopecia, kidney failure, fibromyalgia , twisted bones and they blame the low A diet 😂

Elie

Forum Supporter
Well one could say the same about liver pate or any other high vit a food. Baked products like cake or shortbread contain up to 50 grams butter per serving. A couple of pieces of toast buttered is over 20 grams. So two snacks and a piece of cake and one is getting 5000IU of vit A a day because they thought butter was fine. Then they have eczema all over, alopecia, kidney failure, fibromyalgia , twisted bones and they blame the low A diet 😂
It is not possible to eliminate vit A,, however this approach worked for her, regardless if this was less vit A or something else.
When you are 55 and you lived a little and tried different things, I am sure these improvements are welcome.

RealNeat

Or it could be that they never fully eliminated A and still healed just by lowering it and relieved burden on their already compromised liver but didn't eliminate it so completely that they suffered the consequences of leaving our a required nutrient.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
It is not possible to eliminate vit A,, however this approach worked for her, regardless if this was less vit A or something else.
When you are 55 and you lived a little and tried different things, I am sure these improvements are welcome.

We don't know how much butter she consumed, probably very little.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Or it could be that they never fully eliminated A and still healed just by lowering it and relieved burden on their already compromised liver but didn't eliminate it so completely that they suffered the consequences of leaving our a required nutrient.
Yes could be that or one of 100 other speculations.

However butter or ghee is not even close to low A and that's my point.

DanDare

Forum Supporter

Also where did she say her age? ( It is not blossom if that's what you think, note the quote marks and blossom saying it is not her)

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You look fantastic! I am 56 and need to lose 10+ pounds, that won't budge after peat style eating. I know you have posted the foods you normally eat. Can you be more specific . . . like what you have for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks? Appreciate it. I am doing Low A but weight not budging.
Hi kYgirl, Every meal for me these days has 30-40 grams of protein. I learned a bit late in the game through some classes I took last year how important protein is in menopause due to anabolic resistance. That’s been a game changer for me for building/preserving muscle mass. As far as actual foods/meals it varies of course but typically each meal has a meat and a starch with a vegetable or fruit. It’s pretty basic. I’m sure how I need to eat is a bit different than most people due to celiac and oxalate issues from being floxed. I do think in menopause our macros matter more than when we were younger. Are you from KY by chance?

kYgirl

Hi kYgirl, Every meal for me these days has 30-40 grams of protein. I learned a bit late in the game through some classes I took last year how important protein is in menopause due to anabolic resistance. That’s been a game changer for me for building/preserving muscle mass. As far as actual foods/meals it varies of course but typically each meal has a meat and a starch with a vegetable or fruit. It’s pretty basic. I’m sure how I need to eat is a bit different than most people due to celiac and oxalate issues from being floxed. I do think in menopause our macros matter more than when we were younger. Are you from KY by chance?
I definitely don't get enough protein. I like beef/chicken but not for every meal. I used to get a lot of protein from dairy so I am struggling with that now. I live just outside of Louisville.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I definitely don't get enough protein. I like beef/chicken but not for every meal. I used to get a lot of protein from dairy so I am struggling with that now. I live just outside of Louisville.
Cool, that’s where I was born and raised!
Upping the protein can take some time. I also use rice protein powder in oatmeal when I’m not in the mood for meat. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals