1x A Month - Exhaustion/Learned Helplessness Increases - Thoughts?

Velve921

So 1x a month I have a 24 hour period where I'm absolutely exhausted and emotionally drained. For example, went to bed at 10 last night, woke up at 7:15am to drop my car off to be fixed. Went back to bed at 8:30am and woke up at 9:30, watched tv in bed then went back to sleep at 10:30am and just woke up again. Don't want to get out of bed and just feel unhappy about my life.

Trying to jumpstart myself out of this state. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks!

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Do you use red light at all? I have pretty much what you described, a sudden onset of complete exhaustion, red light seems to bring me out of it.

I do use Red Light everyday; sometimes its just been hard to tell if that does the trick or not. However, I will say once back in sunnier climates that always gets back in the zone pretty fast. After I wrote the post earlier, I tried:

Red Light + Epsom salt bath for 20 minutes
Read inspirational quotes
Listen to music
5 mg of Pregnenolone
3 mg of Ritanserin
Coffee + sugar + gelatin + cascara+ coconut oil + salt

For the past 3 hours I've been pretty solid for the most part.

Regina

I do use Red Light everyday; sometimes its just been hard to tell if that does the trick or not. However, I will say once back in sunnier climates that always gets back in the zone pretty fast. After I wrote the post earlier, I tried:

Red Light + Epsom salt bath for 20 minutes
Read inspirational quotes
Listen to music
5 mg of Pregnenolone
3 mg of Ritanserin
Coffee + sugar + gelatin + cascara+ coconut oil + salt

For the past 3 hours I've been pretty solid for the most part.
I like ritanserin. One day, I meant to put some retinil on my temples and instead I grabbed the ritanserinm. I had a great day!!

X3CyO

Hmm, have you been in the house for long periods recently? Sometimes I feel exhausted and when I go for a walk in the outdoors it wakes me up and invigorates me.

This.
Just sitting outside isnt enough personally but after walking for 12-15 min in the sun with my shirt off then its a giant difference and my brain just turns on. I can just feel the whole outermost section of my brain just fill with blood and the weight on my eyelids lift off and my body just buzzes with energy. Kind of like the effect I get sitting in front of a halogen but much stronger.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Hmm, have you been in the house for long periods recently? Sometimes I feel exhausted and when I go for a walk in the outdoors it wakes me up and invigorates me.

I have a lot of different activities I do so my life feels more enriching. Walking outside in the Chicago winter makes it difficult for the outdoors.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I like ritanserin. One day, I meant to put some retinil on my temples and instead I grabbed the ritanserinm. I had a great day!!

I will try that! Any other supplements you've found helpful to you for learned helplessness?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

What supplements do you take currently?

NDT
Pregnenolone
Cyproheptadine
Aspirin
K2
Epsom salt
Red light

Occasionally:

D
A
Ritanserin (have around but only trying for experimentation)
Androsterone
Cascara
Pansterone
Theanine

theLaw

@Ewlevy1

Sounds like a heavy supplement regiment. Maybe remove the Cypro and anything with DMSO as a test to see if it helps.

Also, I would focus on the big three (Digestion/Liver Health/PUFA detox) as they appear to be the main issues for nearly everyone on this forum.

Personally, I tried the heavy sups route, and it just made things more confusing. Maybe just bite the bullet, and stick to a strict Peat dietary protocol for a week until things improve. Even if it fails, then at least you have that info moving forward, so you can make adjustments. Wonder how many spend years trying to tweak the diet when the basics work if you give them time?

Some iteration of the basic Milk/OJ/Liver/Oysters/Carrot diet should work for most people, or I assume that Ray wouldn't make it a general suggestion.

............or just give in and drown in some Gino's East Deep Dish.;)

giphy.gif

OP
Velve921

Velve921

@Ewlevy1

Sounds like a heavy supplement regiment. Maybe remove the Cypro and anything with DMSO as a test to see if it helps.

Also, I would focus on the big three (Digestion/Liver Health/PUFA detox) as they appear to be the main issues for nearly everyone on this forum.

Personally, I tried the heavy sups route, and it just made things more confusing. Maybe just bite the bullet, and stick to a strict Peat dietary protocol for a week until things improve. Even if it fails, then at least you have that info moving forward, so you can make adjustments. Wonder how many spend years trying to tweak the diet when the basics work if you give them time?

Some iteration of the basic Milk/OJ/Liver/Oysters/Carrot diet should work for most people, or I assume that Ray wouldn't make it a general suggestion.

............or just give in and drown in some Gino's East Deep Dish.;)

giphy.gif

I appreciate your thoughts. I've been strict by Dr. Peats diet ideals for 3 years now; I've tried going no supplements...whenever I do it's impossible for me to sleep. However, I will say that I never replace diet with supplements. My diet is as strict as they come.

Thank you for your thoughts and taking the time. It means a lot my friend.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

@Ewlevy1 What do you think the 1x a month exhaustion is caused by? If you had to guess at something?

Right now I'm trying I accomplish a lot of different skills and work on overcoming many limiting beliefs; not to mention make a career advancement. To put it frankly, I'm caught up in the capitalistic nature of push it to the limit to get what your worth. So I'm in the thick of things...it won't be like this forever: this is why I was curious of a supplement to temporarily add while I go through this change. Especially to push through the 1x a month exhaustion.

Dayman

Maybe have more breaks.
add a little t3 in there maybe
and B1
and an adaptogen

Last edited:

Regina

I appreciate your thoughts. I've been strict by Dr. Peats diet ideals for 3 years now; I've tried going no supplements...whenever I do it's impossible for me to sleep. However, I will say that I never replace diet with supplements. My diet is as strict as they come.

Thank you for your thoughts and taking the time. It means a lot my friend.
I didn't see vit E in there. Do you think you are getting enough E?
What about adding Energin and inosine?

(Peeps here may not know what we've been dealing with for the last few months. No sun! Finally broke through a bit today though).

I don't think I am particularly a "learned helplessness sufferer" by comparison to the average Joe/Jane. I am seemingly passive and have been mistaken for submissive many times because I don't get drawn into conflict. Sort of a shoot-to-kill person. If the circumstance, situation, person continues to kick my tires and damage me, even though I try to gently guide it to a different course, then I do not hesitate to "delete" that in my life. So, whatever psychological condition that is called, I probably have that.
Generally very passive until I need to bring it.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I didn't see vit E in there. Do you think you are getting enough E?
What about adding Energin and inosine?

(Peeps here may not know what we've been dealing with for the last few months. No sun! Finally broke through a bit today though).

I don't think I am particularly a "learned helplessness sufferer" by comparison to the average Joe/Jane. I am seemingly passive and have been mistaken for submissive many times because I don't get drawn into conflict. Sort of a shoot-to-kill person. If the circumstance, situation, person continues to kick my tires and damage me, even though I try to gently guide it to a different course, then I do not hesitate to "delete" that in my life. So, whatever psychological condition that is called, I probably have that.
Generally very passive until I need to bring it.

I have true Vitamin e through Unique E and TocoVit; both give me really bad reactions. I'd like to have it in my diet if it did not mess me up.

Energin and other B vitamin sources have not been helpful unfortunately. I keep B3 on me but I really don't use it; just don't feel anything.

I agree on all your last comments!

HLP

I survived 30 plus years of feeling the same way. Orthodox medicine had nothing to do with fixing me. Thankfully I found Lita Lee and then Ray Peat. Boiled down to hypothyroidism for me.

Uncaged

NDT
Pregnenolone
Cyproheptadine
Aspirin
K2
Epsom salt
Red light

Occasionally:

D
A
Ritanserin (have around but only trying for experimentation)
Androsterone
Cascara
Pansterone
Theanine

I seem to have these days after taking Cypro, so I have started to take it only as needed for allergic reactions to dairy (still struggling with lactose), and to keep histamine/serotonin in check. One thing I noticed the day after taking Cypro, is that my reaction time is severely delayed. My short term memory is almost non-existent. I walk around like a zombie, even if I take down a couple large coffees, extra calories and plenty of sugar/fructose. This hazy state takes a couple days to subside.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals