X-ray of broken ankle - looking for second opinion!

vickypicky

Hello friends ❤️

Grateful to be here and so grateful for our dear, late Dr. Peat for creating this incredible community! He will always be remembered ❤️

On to my question. I’m looking for a second opinion for my 14 yr old son’s broken ankle. He was playing soccer when he broke it.

The osteopath who took the X-rays says that it’s not enough detail to tell wether he needs a screw in/surgery or if it’s going to grow together well. She said she can’t tell and wants a CT scan - but we all know how toxic those CT scans are. We’ll do it if we absolutely have to, but I would love to find a doc or two who can give me their opinion.

If you or someone you know that knows about this or maybe give me advice on how to find someone who can advise us, that would be so wonderful.

So grateful for your time 🙏🏼

P.S. I can add more X-ray photos as soon as I can get them.

Attachments

• BB4327A2-2320-4E50-919F-2F175C56213E.jpeg
    BB4327A2-2320-4E50-919F-2F175C56213E.jpeg
    391.2 KB · Views: 13

Michaelk3

Can you advocate for him to get an MRI instead of a CT? MRI is EMF not radiation like CT. Docs like CTs because they are fast and easy, but with some pressure from an informed parent they will order different imaging.

ThinPicking

I broke my leg around that age. An awkward zigzag fracture distal of a tibia.

At the time I didn't know anything about CTs and yet the hospital went for an MRI for some reason I never gleaned. And for a similar reason to see whether it needed a plate or pin.

If it does have to be a CT a distal limb's probably the best possible place...

Last edited:
OP
vickypicky

vickypicky

Can you advocate for him to get an MRI instead of a CT? MRI is EMF not radiation like CT. Docs like CTs because they are fast and easy, but with some pressure from an informed parent they will order different imaging.
Oh wow - I had no idea there was a difference with an MRI and CT. Thank you so much! Will definitely advocate for that! Thank you!!!!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼

OP
vickypicky

vickypicky

I broke my leg around that age. An awkward zigzag fracture distal of a tibia.

At the time I didn't know anything about CTs and yet the hospital went for an MRI for some reason I never gleaned. And for a similar reason to see whether it needed a plate or pin.

If it does have to be a CT a distal limb's probably the best possible place...
Thanks so much for sharing! I will definitely see if we can get away with an MRI but you’re right - the foot is so far away from his body that it shouldn’t be AS toxic. I’ll also have them cover him up with those heavy lead blankets. Thank you!!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals