A 3rd Opinion - What does this blood test mean?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
My husband caught C-diff from a hospital visit and got pneumonia and staph from his last fatal visit, which turned into sepsis…

“Interestingly, the two bacteria species most commonly involved in coinfections with the influenza virus are Streptococcus pneumoniae and Staphylococcus aureus, which normally exist in the respiratory tract without causing disease. However, the influenza virus can damage the cell barrier of the lungs and disrupt immune function enough to make patients susceptible to infection by these otherwise benign bacteria.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
OP
Rinse & rePeat
I swear it is a coin toss finding a good doctor. My elderly friend defends her doctor to the end, complimenting how nice he is, yet her edema from his advice only gets worse. A doctor should be making things better not worse. My dead husband ran into the worst doctors, which were the most prominent ones. I recently took my friend to an oral surgeon, one she had never seen before. I was stunned that he was already ready to operate, by putting her under anesthesia, without even seeing her prior to her appointment, and said she also needed a bone graph, which was to be paid for with cash, which was $800, I was stunned. How would anybody ever know if he did anything for that $800? This story is more of the same money making tactics…

1700066432383.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
These numbers are saddening, and though my husband got sepsis and died last year, this new test is promising for others in the future…

“But not much research exists to explain why our bodies develop sepsis, which is when the immune system overreacts to a serious infection, attacking more than just the infection itself and damaging tissue and vital organs if not treated early.

Sepsis kills more than 270,000 adults in the U.S. each year, according to the Sepsis Alliance.Emergency rooms are where most sepsis patients are seen, and until now, there hasn’t been a timely “gold standard” test for sepsis, leading to the possible misallocation of medical resources and the overuse of antibiotics in an already high-pressure environment.

This January, the medical diagnostic company Cytovale got FDA approval for its IntelliSep test, which examines blood samples taken from patients as they enter the emergency room and — within 10 minutes — determines their likelihood of developing sepsis.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Sepsis is the number one killer of hospitalized patients, so finding a way to reduce its lethality is perhaps one of the most important goals of clinical medicine.
This new study below shows that baking soda, in physiological concentrations, not enhances the effects of antibiotics (thus reducing needed dose) but also somehow interferes with the bacteria's ability to produce energy (which makes them even more vulnerable to antibiotics). Notably, the effects of baking soda were NOT related to pH change, as that was purposefully kept stable. In addition, baking soda was found to be innately antibacterial, even without the presence of antibiotics. Furthermore, it was the bicarbonate ion that was responsible for all of these effects, not sodium or other metal salts tested.
I wonder if the effects of thiamine in sepsis are not due to a similar mechanism or the inhibition of carbonic anhydrase, which has effects on bicarbonate levels. I suspect combining bicarbonate and thiamine would be even more effective. So, maybe orange juice with baking soda and some thiamine could become a good home remedy for (subclinical) endotoxin overload.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Calcium, magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin B6-
vitamin K, and vitamin D are important for the
development and maintenance of bones.
For example, a vitamin A deficiency limits the
synthesis of progesterone and proteins.”
-Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals