Which Of These Supplements Would Most Likely Be Causing Excessive Hunger?

Peatogenic

After almost three weeks, I've started noticing that when I get hungry, it feels very urgent and I feel very rushed to eat (though, oddly, not anxious). Previously I had been taking Vitamin K and Androsterone for a few months with no issue. Three weeks ago I added Pansterone, Vit D, Vit A. I'm guessing I should step back from Pansterone or Vit D for a little while. Other than this fidgety hypoglycemia (?) starting, I feel great otherwise.

(Also, I eat a lot already)

Runenight201

I think the inability to fast through hunger is more of an overreliance on sugar as a fuel source as opposed to having more fats in the diet.

I don't think one needs to avoid sugar, but rather substitute more fatty foods or starch and see how that plays out.

When I was on a very high sugar diet, I would quickly feel awful after not having access to food, and completely unable to fast through hunger.

We should be able to handle skipped meals. It may not be the healthiest long-term to do this all the time, and certainly isn't ideal, but the human body is perfectly capable of fasting for extended periods, and not having the ability to do this will impact quality of life in my opinion.

Edit: Lol just saw another post you made with your diet...idk what would be causing excessive hunger then in your case. Are you overexerting yourself in physical activity? That can certainly exacerbate it.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

I think the inability to fast through hunger is more of an overreliance on sugar as a fuel source as opposed to having more fats in the diet.

I don't think one needs to avoid sugar, but rather substitute more fatty foods or starch and see how that plays out.

When I was on a very high sugar diet, I would quickly feel awful after not having access to food, and completely unable to fast through hunger.

We should be able to handle skipped meals. It may not be the healthiest long-term to do this all the time, and certainly isn't ideal, but the human body is perfectly capable of fasting for extended periods, and not having the ability to do this will impact quality of life in my opinion.

Edit: Lol just saw another post you made with your diet...idk what would be causing excessive hunger then in your case. Are you overexerting yourself in physical activity? That can certainly exacerbate it.

I kind of assumed the supplements might be raising metabolism a little (it wasn't low, I started them for dental and "mental health" curiosities)...but now that I think about it, when I started them a few weeks ago I could fast more with no issues....but now, my hunger can be ravenous.

Yes, my job is physically active.

Cirion

Not being able to fast through hunger is simply an indicator of poor glycogen storage and/or running through it too quickly (too much calorie expenditure), not a problem of relying on sugar for fuel. As you suggested an increase in metabolism can dramatically increase calorie expenditure/requirements thus giving an "inability to fast" feeling since your body is desperately trying to keep up with the energetic demands. If that supplementation makes you feel good I wouldn't necessarily cut it off, just keep in mind you may need to eat more.

That being said, I also have the same problems - since my glycogen storage capability is poor.

This is IMO why people who are unhealthy are going to need a fairly large amount of dietary fat starting off on a "peat" diet. You see this time and time again, people trying low fat and failing. I personally don't know a single person on this forum, not one, who has successfully pulled off a Low fat High carb diet out of the gate. Perhaps once they got healthy, but not before.

I tried this (like so many others) at first and had the exact same experiences as @Runenight201 . Stress symptoms would go completely out of hand within as short as 30 minutes of not eating.

Last edited:

olive

Excessive hunger can be caused by a nutrient deficiency. Perhaps by adding pansterone, vitamin d and vitamin a you’ve created one by revving up your metabolism.
Do you track your micronutrients on chronometer?

Also I struggle to find reasoning for supplemental vitamin a when it’s so abundant in foods everyone should be eating.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Not being able to fast through hunger is simply an indicator of poor glycogen storage and/or running through it too quickly (too much calorie expenditure), not a problem of relying on sugar for fuel. As you suggested an increase in metabolism can dramatically increase calorie expenditure/requirements thus giving an "inability to fast" feeling since your body is desperately trying to keep up with the energetic demands. If that supplementation makes you feel good I wouldn't necessarily cut it off, just keep in mind you may need to eat more.

That being said, I also have the same problems - since my glycogen storage capability is poor.

This is IMO why people who are unhealthy are going to need a fairly large amount of dietary fat starting off on a "peat" diet. You see this time and time again, people trying low fat and failing. I personally don't know a single person on this forum, not one, who has successfully pulled off a Low fat High carb diet out of the gate. Perhaps once they got healthy, but not before.

I tried this (like so many others) at first and had the exact same experiences as @Runenight201 . Stress symptoms would go completely out of hand within as short as 30 minutes of not eating.

Thank you. I'll notice this new feeling like once a day now...it's weird that I don't have it for every meal. It could also be that it's coinciding with higher physical stress right now. The supplementation helps that, but maybe my system does just need more calories and catching up.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Excessive hunger can be caused by a nutrient deficiency. Perhaps by adding pansterone, vitamin d and vitamin a you’ve created one by revving up your metabolism.
Do you track your micronutrients on chronometer?

Also I struggle to find reasoning for supplemental vitamin a when it’s so abundant in foods everyone should be eating.

The past week I've actually not been as nutrient replete, that could be the case.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Another interesting side effect since this protocol has been a consistent and noticeable lengthening of my spine and a more open chest. I don't have that subtle feeling of cowering or hiding away.

Arnold Grape

Pan is pro-metabolism: when I take that stuff I could literally eat all day and lose weight - from what I understand Andro is x 2.

somuch4food

Too much dietary Vit A in my case increases overall feeling of hunger, but decreases my portions.

I have found that I can eat a lot more in one sitting if I lower vit A, so I will last longer.

Vit A also seems to trigger more food cravings for me.

What about keeping only one and reintroducing the others to see for yourself?

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Too much dietary Vit A in my case increases overall feeling of hunger, but decreases my portions.

I have found that I can eat a lot more in one sitting if I lower vit A, so I will last longer.

Vit A also seems to trigger more food cravings for me.

What about keeping only one and reintroducing the others to see for yourself?

Yeah, since I've used Pregnenolone in past with no hunger issues, I'm leaning to it being something with the D or A. I think I'll eliminate either temporarily just for curiosity.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Pan is pro-metabolism: when I take that stuff I could literally eat all day and lose weight - from what I understand Andro is x 2.

Yeah, I don't necessarily want to raise metabolism. And I haven't had that feeling of "excess metabolism" until past few days.

Cirion

What are your dosages of each of those supplements out of curiosity?

Maybe your tissues are getting repleted with those nutrientes. That would explain why it didn't happen immediately after starting the supplements. Have you put your diet on cronometer? Sometimes we get less calories than what we think we're getting. When I started supplementing with vitamin D two years ago, I realized my metabolism got very quick. Even one day or two of undereating would make me lose weight. Maybe it's the vitamin D then?

lvysaur

So you're saying it makes your cravings more intense? But it also makes you easily satisfied by small portions?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals