Leptin resistant during PMS

Asya_D

Recent years, every time I enter the luteal phase, I literally can’t feel satiation - I want to eat and eat.

And it's not like I'm overweight or have nutrients (specifically fat) deficiencies. For the record, I'm 5'5'' and used to be 120-125 before the second pregnancy, and currently 135 lbs - can't lose that last 10 lbs despite moderate exercises - my son doesn't let me sleep through the night (I wake up 3-4 times a night on average) and I'm nursing - so I assume hormones are not letting me lose those pounds.

My goal is to lose that 10 lbs, but I have a feeling there is not much I can do while nursing and sleep deprived, just gonna try to continue the moderate workouts.

But let's get back to my initial issue. My diet is full of good fats and moderate amounts of good protein. Carbs. During the follicular phase - I'm not interested in carbs. I don't avoid them fully, but I'm just indifferent. I can have a few pieces of dark chocolate, a tiny bit of rice (I grew up in Japan, so I can't say no to rice, love it).

Fats - (EVOO, avocado (oil and a fruit), coconut oils, salmon roe, chia seeds)
Protein - (chicken, lamb, fish, seafood, eggs, cheese)
Carbs - lots of vegetables, moderate amount of rice. Fruits - mostly apples, berries.
I can eat 3 times a day, no snacking, no feeling of hunger.

I don't and can't follow Ray Peat's diet. Orange juice, for instance, will cause a spike in my blood sugar and gonna make me super jittery.

Speaking of jittery, I had gestational diabetes (diagnosed) with my daughter (5 years ago). With my son (June 2020 born) - I was never diagnosed by doctors, but I was hypersensitive to the easy carbs - I measured my glucose levels 4 times a day throughout the pregnancy, was "glucose-cheking nazi", super careful on what I ate. Everytime I ate something sweet or easy carbs (bread or ramen) - it would spike my sugar up to 180 (2 hours after eating).

My last A1C in December 2020 was 5.4, but I'm still very careful on what I eat as I do feel how my sugar rises if I'm not careful.

Once I enter the luteal phase, as I mentioned, I get crazy hungry. I'm hungry every 2 hours. I want to eat, and eat, and eat. I don't change my diet (don't avoid fats), but start having cravings towards easy carbs. I want to cheat. Barely can contain myself.

I read an article (study) on leptin resistance during PMS, which totally makes sense. I'm most probably leptin resistant during the luteal phase. How can I help myself during these 2 weeks? Any ideas?

What supplements can I take to manage it after I'm done nursing?

*Ah, just to mention, I had this crazy hunger issue before pregnancy too
**I drink at least 2L (8 cups) of water daily. Black tea once a day, coffee once a week.
*** I take Sunflower lecithin, Vit D, K and Q10 on regular basis