Phaedrus

Thanks for the explaination. I added 24 grams of whey acid to cronometer. Here is a list of the foods I entered sorted by tryptophan content. I do not have dog in this fight.

Edited:
View attachment 57964
I’m not sure, but I think cronometer may off in this particular case. Look up any other source for this data and it will tell you the opposite - that whey protein is higher in tryptophan than casein.

That being said, you’re correct that they both contain tryptophan as does regular old milk, so it’s good to also prioritize amino acid balance by also adding gelatin into the diet. Here’s a couple Ray Peat quotes I found on this topic:

“Whey has been promoted as a protein supplement, but it contains a much higher proportion of tryptophan than milk does. Cheese (milk with the whey removed) contains even less tryptophan.”
- Ray Peat, from his article on Tryptophan, Serotonin, and Aging.

“The main protein of milk, casein, seems to have some direct antistress effects (Biswas, et al., 2003). Since milk's primary biological function is to support the growth of a young animal, some of its features make it inappropriate as a sole food for an adult. To support cell division and growth, the methionine and tryptophan content of milk is higher than would be optimal for an adult animal, and the phosphate might be slightly more than needed, in relation to the calcium. However, for an adult, the low iron content of milk and cheese makes these foods useful for preventing the iron overload that often contributes to the degenerative diseases.”
- Ray Peat, from his article Milk in Context: allergies, ecology, and some myths

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom