What To Do To Prevent Acne Due To Biotin Use?

TreasureVibe

Hi all, I want to use biotin to grow my hair but I've seen some reports it causes acne to develop. What can you do to prevent this?

Thanks.

Orion

Hi all, I want to use biotin to grow my hair but I've seen some reports it causes acne to develop. What can you do to prevent this?

Thanks.

This is the way I thought of it, when trying to figure it out, when biotin did definitely cause me skin issues.

Vitamin B5 pushes fat metabolism(less fats available) and reduces sebum production and acne. Biotin pushes sugar metabolism(more fats available) and increases sebum production and acne.

I think alanine is part of the picture, since important co-factor to both. So quality protein, balancing B's and sugar/fat metabolism might be the key.

I'm doing vitamin A free diet, and it is slowly reducing sebum production for me, so it is tied in to this for me some how as well.

BigChad

Thanks.

Its connected to b5, 10mg b5 per 30mcg biotin seems safe, and even 5mg b5 per 30mcg biotin may be safe, and prevent acne. But supposedly b5 in high doses interferes with taurine function or depletes it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals