Vitamin B5 supplementation may cause adrenal over activity?

GorillaHead

So in this study on male rats which was also replicated on female rats. B5 supplementation resulted in acth hyper responsiveness.

I think i discovered why people get permanent hairloss on b5. And it seems to it has nothing to do with biotin.

b5 and biotin work together. Ive also read reports of biotin increasing hiristuism.

all these reaction all possibly due to hyper responsiveness ?

What can be done about this. We obviously dont want the body to over react. I read PCOS women have hyper responsiveness to acth as well

baccheion

So in this study on male rats which was also replicated on female rats. B5 supplementation resulted in acth hyper responsiveness.

I think i discovered why people get permanent hairloss on b5. And it seems to it has nothing to do with biotin.

b5 and biotin work together. Ive also read reports of biotin increasing hiristuism.

What can be done about this. We obviously dont want the body to over react. I read PCOS women have hyper responsiveness to acth as well
Vitamin B5 goes with high fat, keto, and/or carnivore. Also then higher aldosterone. Which is associated with higher acetylcholine. Which increases aldosterone. Which goes with lower sodium and higher potassium. Like in raw whole milk.

dabdabdab

Vitamin B5 goes with high fat, keto, and/or carnivore. Also then higher aldosterone. Which is associated with higher acetylcholine. Which increases aldosterone. Which goes with lower sodium and higher potassium. Like in raw whole milk.
sorry to be off topic, a study found that people who were adapted to carnivore, replenished their glycogen as fast as those who were on a high carb diet. does any of that related to biotin and potassium?

baccheion

sorry to be off topic, a study found that people who were adapted to carnivore, replenished their glycogen as fast as those who were on a high carb diet. does any of that related to biotin and potassium?
???

I'd guess gluconeogenesis.

so if I up my biotin I can go on a carnivore without worrying about the cortisol response?
I think you need stress hormones to produce glucose endogenously through gluconeogenesis. It's a demand driven process, and when there is demand for glucose, there will be cortisol to keep blood sugar adequate, or else the person can die from hypoglycemia.

There is an enzyme between glycolysis and the Kreb's Cycle called pyruvate carboxylase, which turns pyruvate into oxaloacetate. It needs biotin to function. Every time I take biotin, I notice that it lowers my blood sugar. Based on these two things, I believe taking more biotin may actually increase loss of lean mass/ wastage of dietary protein to feed the gluconeogenic pathway, simply because glucose demand would be higher.

dabdabdab

I think you need stress hormones to produce glucose endogenously through gluconeogenesis. It's a demand driven process, and when there is demand for glucose, there will be cortisol to keep blood sugar adequate, or else the person can die from hypoglycemia.

There is an enzyme between glycolysis and the Kreb's Cycle called pyruvate carboxylase, which turns pyruvate into oxaloacetate. It needs biotin to function. Every time I take biotin, I notice that it lowers my blood sugar. Based on these two things, I believe taking more biotin may actually increase loss of lean mass/ wastage of dietary protein to feed the gluconeogenic pathway, simply because glucose demand would be higher.
thank you

Dr. B

seems crazy, where did you see people getting permanent hairloss on b5? what kinds of dosages were used and why is it permanent hair loss? like even if you stop b5 hair loss continues?
every b vitamin supplement seems very risky man... liver seems a lot safer... liver, OJ, milk etc...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals