Vitamin D still very low despite lots of sun - what isn't working right?

My brother and I have low Vitamin D status despite working outside in the sun more than most. I could understand it being low within the reference range, but not way outside the reference range.

Kidney trouble? Liver? Fat malabsorption?

Panopticon

ai is depleting your vitamins and minerals and UVB is being blocked by aluminum chaff in the air

I paid 200 usd for a UVB only meter and even at noon UVB is 10 times less than what it was before/what it should be

I just had to verify it myself after hearing about it... if you don't believe me buy the UVB only meter yourself and test it

if you want vitamin d buy UVC germicidal LED and spend 5 minutes in front of it naked(front and back), also UVC range is a psy op... it is closer to UVB than X rays (look at electron volts not ranges of UVC/UVB)

and plaease wear sunglasses or Uvex Ultraspec SCT Orange if you wan to look like a scientist

this is just information and my opinion and not medical advice, the choice of what you do is yours and only yours, don't damage your eyes

HeyThere

My brother and I have low Vitamin D status despite working outside in the sun more than most. I could understand it being low within the reference range, but not way outside the reference range.

Most people are depleted in Magnesium.
You need Mag to make Vit D work.
Maybe try that?
Epsom salt baths with a handful of baking soda and a tsp of Borax powder from the laundry aisle is a great combo.

HeyThere

Great website!
And look, they backed up what I just posted: "Increased vitamin D from supplements: Magnesium 20%, Boron 25%, Vitamin K2 10%"

Boric Acid (detergent) = Boron. Some people even take it internally, but I'll stick with bathing in it. It also kills pathogens. Oh, I do also have a liquid Boron tincture I got off Amazon, but I need to get back into taking it again. I take so much stuff that I like to do it in rounds so that if I feel better or worse, I can narrow it down to whatever it is.

Aymen

Great website!
And look, they backed up what I just posted: "Increased vitamin D from supplements: Magnesium 20%, Boron 25%, Vitamin K2 10%"

Boric Acid (detergent) = Boron. Some people even take it internally, but I'll stick with bathing in it. It also kills pathogens. Oh, I do also have a liquid Boron tincture I got off Amazon, but I need to get back into taking it again. I take so much stuff that I like to do it in rounds so that if I feel better or worse, I can narrow it down to whatever it is.
I try to avoid supplements because i can get it from food, i usually get my boron from eating dates years around and apricots in their season, 100 g of dates contain ~ 1.08 g boron, i eat a pound per day so i get ~ 5.08, my magnesium source are raw cacao and milk, my k2 source come from some types of high k2 cheeses.

HeyThere

I try to avoid supplements because i can get it from food, i usually get my boron from eating dates years around and apricots in their season, 100 g of dates contain ~ 1.08 g boron, i eat a pound per day so i get ~ 5.08, my magnesium source are raw cacao and milk, my k2 source come from some types of high k2 cheeses.

A LB every DAY of dates? I looked at a container of prunes I just bought from ALDI and that is a LB. You do what you think is best for you, but that sounds short of insane to me. No way that is healthy in the long run.

Are you getting enough cholesterol?

Aymen

A LB every DAY of dates? I looked at a container of prunes I just bought from ALDI and that is a LB. You do what you think is best for you, but that sounds short of insane to me. No way that is healthy in the long run.
Yeah man, it's insane, I like dates very much, i don't eat starch and i don't eat white sugar, i don't think i need them because fruits is optimal for me as i live in the mediterranean, LB of dates, 1 TBSP of honey and some ripe fruits are my carbs source besides milk, i,m just concerned a little about the extra fiber, my stools are brown big like snakes, i don't notice any bad effects of eating too much dates (deglet nour).

Blossom

Forum Supporter

Are you both normal weight?

OP
T
Most people are depleted in Magnesium.
You need Mag to make Vit D work.
Maybe try that?
Epsom salt baths with a handful of baking soda and a tsp of Borax powder from the laundry aisle is a great combo.
Interesting, thank you. Do you have any idea how much you'd need to soak / how long / how often to maintain healthy levels of magnesium?

lvysaur

aniciete

High 1,25(OH)2D and low 25(OH)D is a sign of a possible auto-immune condition or a chronic intracellular bacterial infection also, plus any infection which down-regulates vitamin D receptors (VDRs)
I found this to be somewhat true. While living in a moldy home I couldn’t raise my vitamin d level no matter what I did. I sat in the sun all summer and it still came back to 25 ng/ml. 1 month after relocating and getting some sun my vitamin d level is now 50 ng/ml.

HeyThere

Interesting, thank you. Do you have any idea how much you'd need to soak / how long / how often to maintain healthy levels of magnesium?

Tons of info on the web. I just do 3+ X a week, shallow bath, hot water to expand the veins (but not too hot to feel lightheaded, of course). I do 20 minutes.. just set up the cell phone to play some YouTube video that's around 20 minutes and the time goes by. I rub the water into my legs as I'm sitting there bored (ha ha), but I think this makes it all go deeper into the skin. my skin was noticeably softer after the 1st bath. Healing kicked in as well.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@thisoldtown1978, that's not it then. There was an article in PubMed about obesity and low vitamin D so I figured I'd check. Thank you.

DrJ

What is your latitude?

challenger

Are you using sunscreen?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals