Vitamin A From IHerb (7/17/2013)

Discussion in 'A' started by j., Jul 17, 2013.

1. j.

j. Guest

Whole list

Without soy or silica:
    Country Life
    InterPlexus Inc., NutriSorb A,
    Carlson Labs
    Solgar (not the dry one)

With soy (might or might not have silica):
    Nature's Way
    Now Foods
    Bluebonnet Nutrition
    Natural Factors
    Nature's Plus
    Thompson
    Sundown
    21st Century Health Care

With silica (might or might not have soy):
    Thorne
    Solgar Dry Vitamin A
    Source Naturals
    Nature's Plus

Of those without soy or silica, Carlson and Solgar do have safflower oil, for those who want to go to extreme degrees to avoid PUFA. I think that would leave NutriSorb and Country Life as the two best options, the latter does contain cod liver oil.

2. OP
    j.

j. Guest

Anyone know anything about Polysorbate 80? Carlson's Vitamin A has it.

3. Dan Wich

Dan Wich Member

j. and I found a couple things out about Polysorbate 80:
    1. When injected, it caused health/reproductive problems in rats: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8473 ... t=Abstract
    2. This one's way out of my depth, but it sounds like polysorbates can be applied to nanoparticles (which are generally a concern of Peat's) for the purposes of keeping them in the bloodstream longer. That is, assuming I'm reading this correctly.

4. kiran

kiran Member

I can't find the reference right now, but I believe polysorbate 80 can cause cancer, from animal data.

5. cartman

cartman Member

What I don't like about the Carlson is that the oil smells/tastes fishy. I don't now if that applies on all vitamin A from fish liver, does somebody tried one of the others? It's anoying if you want to put it on topically and also when you swallow them you get a fishy taste after a while. I didn't have the problem with the nutrisorb as it contains no fish oil.